Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Future of FW Community

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I feel the FW community is invaded by a negative waves regarding the game since not that many Private servors are open in this game compared to other games such as PW which makes me ask the following Questions:
  • Are forsaken world servors dying?
  • Are there only only few people still interested in the game?
  • Do you really think people are not going to remember the game in a few months?
  • What makes you think so negatively?
You may answer my questions and feel free to to share your opinion and ideas along the way.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I feel the FW community is invaded by a negative waves regarding the game since not that many Private servors are open in this game compared to other games such as PW which makes me ask the following Questions:
  • Are forsaken world servors dying?
  • Are there only only few people still interested in the game?
  • Do you really think people are not going to remember the game in a few months?
  • What makes you think so negatively?
You may answer my questions and feel free to to share your opinion and ideas along the way.

Q: Are they dying? A: yes
Q: Why? A: Because players and devs are bored with v496 and the few that have newer versions are not sharing.
And also the situation a few days ago with fyyre, where he was considering releasing a newer version, but then got flamed for it by a couple of angry Aria players and has not been seen since.
Q: Will fw be forgotten in a few months? A: no, not while retail is still going.
Q: What makes me think so negatively? A: the reasons listed above.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I do not know if they looked at the forum but it is not the only one who has verifications of 2012 working, there are other older ones who just released that and over there they work without problems
here is the same work on what there is a lot that can be done if they give an idea

We are in an era that nobody is giving anything gratias friends, be the game that is

regards :)

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
after the blood harvest tease from fyyre i'm now thinking the future of the fw pserver community is imminent death

Edit: well as of this edit blood harvest, and homecoming have been released by fyyre so i stand corrected on this one and i'm sure there are several other posts of mine i need to edit as well

Last edited:
Reaction score
sadly, this seems to be the case. and some of us do look forward to newer things coming around. it's a shame that aeria can prevent the community from growing

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
In the past months,I have noticed an increasing interest in latest FW2 server files.
With homecoming files being released by fyyre,I expect that more servers are to open.
However,I still feel people just want to rely on a newer version to attract playerbase.
In reality,even a FW1 server can beat the asses of many FW2 servers.It has never been about the version...

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
In reality,even a FW1 server can beat the asses of many FW2 servers.It has never been about the version...

This is too true. It takes some work, but with the right amount of ingenuity, FW1 can be a very fun/entertaining experience. It just takes time and effort..

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I would be more than happy to release all of FW1 everything.

There is one condition: you must to do the work, and invest the time.

Stop talking about me. It's not productive, I am not very interesting.

My motivation was simple, I love the game -- so much that this love is the reason any version
beyond Dysil is accessible.

Let us not forget PW, JD, Seiya, NWO, Wulin2, etc... yet I care for them not.

They are simply 'stuff' gathered along the way. Use your energy is better to learn subject matters
that will assist you in working with the game itself:
e.g.. C++, Lua scripting, basic reverse code engineering, etc...

Let the love for the game be the true source of motivaiton,
for without this.. there is no point.

Sincerely,
Fyyre

Last edited:
Reaction score
we all have things we're passionate about, I used to like FW before it became majorly pay to progress, but been trying to get a VM working so I could have it another shot. and my other passion, is World 2, I'd been aching to that to get out for quite a long time. once I had my hands on it it has been the focus of any free time I've had (besides trying to set up the FW VM) and then I found out it's got things locked away... and in the server binaries that can't be easily fixed..

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Hi Psytrac!

Anything can be fixed, and the things I personally upload nothing was locked away. With that said, I'm happy you enjoy World 2 =) It was really cool finding this, given I had no idea such thing even exist at the time, hehe =)

Sincerely,
-Fyyre

we all have things we're passionate about, I used to like FW before it became majorly pay to progress, but been trying to get a VM working so I could have it another shot. and my other passion, is World 2, I'd been aching to that to get out for quite a long time. once I had my hands on it it has been the focus of any free time I've had (besides trying to set up the FW VM) and then I found out it's got things locked away... and in the server binaries that can't be easily fixed..

Reaction score
Hi Psytrac!

Anything can be fixed, and the things I personally upload nothing was locked away. With that said, I'm happy you enjoy World 2 =) It was really cool finding this, given I had no idea such thing even exist at the time, hehe =)

Sincerely,
-Fyyre

in the binaries for world 2 the homes system is disabled, and the gs and gdelivery need to be recompiled ro re-enable them

this is in the gdelivery source:
(gamed/homesyslib.cpp)

inside GS:
(npcgenerator.cpp)

I didn't say you locked it away, this was found in the source code Senica released. Untouched, this is the default binary build

I did fix the client (with help) and I personally compiled the gdelivery

"service not available" when trying to purchase land as the service is disabled in the GS

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
About FW2 and higher, I have felt the game becoming more and more disappointing as the game version grew higher.FW just constantly tried to add money sinks.Nowadays, whenever I see current retail, I feel like throwing up. I still love FW but I'm more into older versions unless I have no choice.There is an issue that eventually, I want to figure out how to make cosmetics working on homecoming useable in FW1. I'm not sure if it's linked to the angelica engine version or the element structure itself.

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
The game has motivated me to start development. It's simply amazing to be able to materialize your ideas and make them come true!FW has also taught me the importance of teamwork in an MMORPG.Funnily, I temporarily stopped FW development because I used to be addicted to working on it. As soon as I start being serious, it's hard to stop. Nowadays, my studies come first. Anyway, I'm waiting for the summer break to get back to being serious.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I believe that Forsaken World has a future as long as all of us put enough time and efforts on learning.

I remind you that most of us including myself are unable to to make use of all the resources previously shared by Fyyre & Scena & Loko for now such as:
-SQL archives(253,260)
-Client Sources (253,260,297)

At this point just waiting for v305 client source to be shared is pointless. What's the use of such client source if most of us can't compile previous versions ?
Can someone run when he can't walk properly?

We must work harder to increase our level and go further in FW Development!
We can do it as we have a lot of wonderful people in this community that are still dedicated to the game after all these years.:thumbup1:

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I will keep sharing my knowledge whenever I can and I want people to do more efforts and participate more.
I think the main problem is that most people simply lost their passion for FW and keep doing nothing.

This quote fits the situation very well:

If you change nothing nothing will change.

For people desiring some positive changes, take the initiative and do something meaningful regardless of how small it is.
That's how the situation may improve.

Reactions: cmb
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Our community is severely lacking in tools. There are so many important tools related to client file extensions for example that we don't have.
I want to make my own FW tools based on Shenmo tools in the future using C++.

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Since my studies are coming back,it will be my priority over Forsaken World.This means that in the coming months, I won't be able to be that active in the community.
However,I will try to keep watching from time to time.

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I figured out how to add custom commands for native tools ,localize tools by translating their dialogs and adjusting their interfaces.
I'm also getting familiar with their dependencies that affect some dialogs for tools (AngelicaFile2 ,CommonFile and PropDlg and much more depending on the tool itself)

There is a good progress, I would love to eventually make more tools available for Forsaken World within the next years.

I still need to unlock more libraries and fix some projects when necessary.

There are so many wonderful things that could be done with FW Development!

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have decided to take a step back and detoxify myself from my excessive love towards Forsaken World that I have been extremely passionate about. I'am taking a break from FWDC and RageZone.
Have a great day everyone!

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Right there, a right moment to stop wasting time and you will be happy in time to come. All these works are a waste of time when you wake up to the bunch of documentations and available svns that fyyre has gotten. Regardless, the community is dead completely whether any newer version are make available. All PWE games are outdated and you should move on to better things in life. That excessive love is bad.

Back