Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Help

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello there a thread where explains iWeb or can even tell me who please

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello there a thread where explains iWeb or can even tell me who please
IWEBS is a program that allows you to manage your server, and edit your character. :)

whilst the answer to that was correct, it is infact a centralized place to manage your server & character database. its also the biggest security hole in many of the PWI games (FW, JD, ESO,PW,etc)

the thing is, iweb allows you do to a whole lot more then any of the guides out there might tell you
sure, we all know about editing a character
and sure, we can active double exp

but it also allows you to wipe entire character databases, apply gm statusses in runtime (without even having gm permissions in the account db)
you can even ban/mute entire arrays of accounts and characters at once.

the reason there not being a lot of guides around for iweb is simple, those who do understand iweb (and its a complex system with lots and lots of hidden features/security holes) know what should and should not be done with it.

Those who do not understand the complexity of iweb in all honestly should not even be using it. as there is nothing more dangerous around then iweb. (i can give atleast 5 or so examples for servers who had their entire server fucked up because they didnt see the dangers this entire thing brings with it)

that said, if you really want to use iweb. i have 2 recommendations
1. learn firewall security and web security
2. learn java and play around with the code from iweb.

iweb simple said isnt something that can actually be taught, its something you have to use and learn for yourself.

Upvote 0
Reaction score
"but it also allows you to wipe entire character databases, apply gm statusses in runtime (without even having gm permissions in the account db)"

now this I'm interested in, not that I run a server for people, but maybe it will fix the GM bug in dysil for private use?

Upvote 0
Back