Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

server backup and restore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Greets all

My apologies if this has been asked, but, I could not locate any thing on it.
Moving the server from Vbox to a Linux box machine. Every thing is running fine. However, I moved all the gamedb files over to the new machine, exported the mysql fw database and imported them into the new server. All files are there, however, when logging into the server, no characters are there, using the same log in as VBox server is good. But, characters do not show in the client, just the default one made by the repacked of this server, think this one was released by "Nikol@". I need to know what I did wrong or how to correct it. I still have all my files.

No, am not new to Linux or running a server, but, am new to FW servers. Not to mention been trying to fix it for many hours now and I sure am not as young as I used to be lol.. yea, am an old fart. So perhaps my brain aint what it used to be either. :lol:

Any help??

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
you not only need to copy over the files gamedbd stores in its data folder (check gamesys.conf from gamedbd where it stores them)
you will also need to copy over the files uniquenamed stores in its data folders (same as above)

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
you not only need to copy over the files gamedbd stores in its data folder (check gamesys.conf from gamedbd where it stores them)
you will also need to copy over the files uniquenamed stores in its data folders (same as above)

I thank you very much morbitangel. Will do that. should have known, but, brain fry lol.. One more question if you do not mind. Been looking through the directories of the server, 331, that is, but, can not find how iweb is hooked in, if it even is. I want ro remove all roles from the database with out having to wait 7 days.

Either I am blind and or brain dead, but have searched posts and did not find any thing. I did for PW, using iweb or pwadmin, but nothing for FW

Upvote 0
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
look in the tomcat folder thats probably where iweb is located you might have to actually install tomcat and move the iweb folder into the webapps folder of the tomcat you install but i was sure its included

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
look in the tomcat folder thats probably where iweb is located you might have to actually install tomcat and move the iweb folder into the webapps folder of the tomcat you install but i was sure its included

Well, there was no Tomcat installed, just the Tomcat folder in the server dir. I also did not like the redhat OS. it was old, version 4, and very awkward to use. So, I am installing ubuntu 11.10 server and moving all the server stuff over. I had the game server running using the redhat, but could not get it to be found outside local network. Tried to see what I needed to get it to work, but, as I said, I did not like the way redhat 4 operated and I am used to using ubuntu. Thanks for the help, and perhaps I may need it again if I can not figure out some thing. And this is about the third time I asked for help from RZ in the 5 years or so I been doing game servers. I guess thats not to bad lol.

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
What release did you use? I had problems with RedHat too. No one outside my local network could reach it. Would you mind sharing your files?

Version 331 x3

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back