Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

FW Client Source Research

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
*Visual studio 2015 iso for community edition official link from microsoft:

*DShow_BaseClasses for Directx8 & DShow_Async for Directx8 have unusual builds that shenmo created somehow and I have yet to crack how they created these builds.

*It was discovered that AngelicaMedia for Angelica2 is using projects from these:

libvorbis-1.2.0 & libogg-1.1.1

*lua-5.1 is used for Angelica 2 && lua-5.1.4 is used for Angelica 2.2

*AngelicaFile is also using ZLibLib as a 3rd party SDK:

I'm grateful for the people who have supported me in my FW work.
FW may be a dead game but I will not give up on it and I will keep researching and trying to figure out things.

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
*The original extension(.org) determines the number of items in a structure and new template files have more parameters added.
Older template have some missing parameters. It's like the variable is uninitialised and they get default values depending on the type that does nothing.In this way we adjust added template files along with time and upgrade existing structures.
It is the Wanmei way of doing things "Never delete just keep adding poop".
This is even worse overtime with tasks .Lots of old tasks stay there unless they consciously tried to remove or adjust them.

I am just sharing my insights, there may be some errors.

*How to use Basedata easily without having to copy everything in a VSS database:

1)Put Basedata ElementData and at the same level put the DLLs and ElementEditor.exe
2)Create an empty VSS database at the same level.
3)When login use the option No VSS(Cut Link VSS)

*How to modify interfaces for tools using VS6:

1)Open project.dsw
2)Go to ResourceView -> Dialogs -> Select any of the dialogs used by the tool in question.
3)Go Layout -> Test (CTRL+T)

->Scale and layout in Display settings affects how you perceive the tool's interfaces.

->There is a trick with mouse pointer or rectangular selection. So you can move multiple buttons at the same time.
So you can do a multi-selection of elements in interfaces to many elements at once using Visual Studio 6.

Last edited:
Back