Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Changing EXP through Hex Editing~ IMPORTANT INFORMATION

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey,

I know many people have kept this secret so they can lock out competitors and just keep it hidden from the general hidden community....

Well here it is...

Tools You'll Need!:
Hex Editor, I prefer to use

Step 1)
Search for Hex Code as Follows
Code:
65 78 70 00 69 74 65 6D 00 6D 6F 6E 65 79 00 74 61 73 6B 5F 65 78 70 00 74 61 73 6B 5F 73 70 00 74 61 73 6B 5F 6D 6F 6E 65 79

It'll lead to something that looks like this...

wanmei_hex_rates_change_1.JPG - Changing EXP through Hex Editing~ IMPORTANT INFORMATION - RaGEZONE Forums

The code Follows a simple Sequence of Floating Numbers... designated in the gs.conf file as 0.5f.... These needs no editing at all

These are you're values....
wanmei_hex_rates_change_2.JPG - Changing EXP through Hex Editing~ IMPORTANT INFORMATION - RaGEZONE Forums

As you notice they don't show up as numbers just simple characters....

Hex Code
Code:
00 00 80 34
Float
Code:
0x34800000 = 1 <- Rate Number

So you will put the hex code in backwards....

So say... you want your experience to be set to 10...

Original Hex Code from Floating Point to Hex
Code:
0x41200000

You will now setup to the properties given....
Hex Code
Code:
00 00 20 41

You're rates are now setup to 2...

TADA!

wanmei_hex_rates_change_3.JPG - Changing EXP through Hex Editing~ IMPORTANT INFORMATION - RaGEZONE Forums

Now you can setup your rates as you want without having to edit via iWEB or the gs.conf when it decides to work since the use of the gs.conf for experience has been deprecated.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Shh, quiet, you might piss somebody off
Developer
Reaction score
sorry talk about this to you but exp item and money dont work on forsaken world
only task exp task sp and task money

i forgot to talk to you about this '--'

exp money etc still need change on elements.data
monster table and exp curvature player

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
These have worked instead of having to change elements.data, it does not always show properly when killing monsters but shows properly when looking at experience table.

The reason it we do it this way is to change global without having to change the elements because that's a waste of time. Money doesn't always work but it works with the quests, which don't show a change, but do show after gaining in the exp bar.

Edit : This is common knowledge known by Aria, Vendetta and other higher gaming networks that they haven't shared because they don't like to edit the elements for a reason... keyword "waste of time"

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i attempted to hex edit the gs file of the server i downloaded from this thread (http://forum.ragezone.com/f783/forsaken-world-war-shadows-working-950729/). this was the only server/client combo i have been able to get working but i dont want the 500x exp. i found the hex for exp and it was indeed set to '00 00 FA 43'. i modified the hex value and the server loaded fine but when i attempted to login it told me my client was out of date. am i supposed to be modifying something in the client or is there something i am missing here? just to verify, i did this on a clean install of the server/client and i was able to login and play. the only thing i changed was the exp hex value and then i was told my client was out of date. i've been going at this for days and any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Shh, quiet, you might piss somebody off
Developer
Reaction score
These have worked instead of having to change elements.data, it does not always show properly when killing monsters but shows properly when looking at experience table.

The reason it we do it this way is to change global without having to change the elements because that's a waste of time. Money doesn't always work but it works with the quests, which don't show a change, but do show after gaining in the exp bar.

Edit : This is common knowledge known by Aria, Vendetta and other higher gaming networks that they haven't shared because they don't like to edit the elements for a reason... keyword "waste of time"
a much peoples know how to edit rates in this way, is easy, just need use brain

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
For Infos who had problem with client to oldjust change the GS properties to 0777it will work like a diamond

Back