Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Officially Retiring for good

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
this will be the last time you see me post, comment or ever be around forsaken world again

With this post i will release my findings and studies for maps for this game

REQUIREMENTS:

You will need this tool, there is no other choice that i have found during my time with this game

You will also need Notepad++ and NpcGEN editor as well as a elements.data editor

You will also need a copy of any Angelica Based game that carries map setup similar to Forsaken Worlds server file setup

TUTORIAL:

there are some key files to pay very close attention to..

you will need to navigate to Script.pck\instanceworld.lua and instancestr.lua

these 2 files tell the client how to port to the different maps, you will also need to use a elements editor that shows this structure for your version in the correct format

MAP_TO_SERVER_LINE_CONFIG

it should look like this

Gothic - Officially Retiring for good - RaGEZONE Forums

line_mask[4] = Map ID 4

The identifiers after this are the realm ID's

you can port retail maps to your server very easily once you figure out these core files, add new teleports and etc.

And with this i bid you all farewell

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
maps mask and on which channel it will work ...

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have some questions. When I add a new global_world, GS starts the map to report an error:assert failed:"grid_region.isin(x,z)" in file grid.cpp

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You don't fix a flat brain

If the gothic is gone, only 4 people can help if they want

----------------------------------------------

It seems to me that the gothic did not leave, he changed the work on another server, the work is not publicly ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
What I appreciate the most about FW is.. It's allowed me to, in some small way, take the things I enjoy, and take things I have an interest in, and merge them.. The game is fun, at heart.. Looking through and imagining what all even someone like me could do even with an old, over-used version of the game.
Granted it's just baby steps, but I think that I wouldn't have developed as much of an interest in markup language, or lua, if it hadn't been for the community here, and the multiple gifts that have been shared over the years. Plus.. Every time I feel like I've learned all I could about the game itself, I'm always pleasantly surprised either by what others show me, or what I discover on my own.

Back