Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Discussion] Infestation Development in 2022

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

After all these years, this section is pretty much dead. I remember when this forum was active and flooded with posts. Nowadays there is nothing new but few people asking basic questions or sharing stuff from years ago.

I still check here 2 or 3 times a day out of habit. This game influenced over my entire life. It's one of the reasons why I chose to study Computer Science. I wouldn't have been able to met some of my friends if this game wasn't published or leaked.

It seems like after NewZ took over the game everybody started to move on. I know this game is old enough to die but I wanted to ask if anbody is still working on it.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm not working on this game for a few years, but I'm still trying add some new stuff to its source code.
I know a few people that's move on to use 3rd party engine like UE4, unity instead because of code optimization, rendering pipeline, development tools etc.

you better move on too XD

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
it's not like before everyone here knows it's not worth messing with warz, this game brought many people together and served as a learning curve for a lot things , stealing, etc., some of these people who are here do not deserve an iota of the reputation they have, posting things too often without even giving credit to the creator. this discouraged many of those who kept this forum section active... scammers are ridiculous, even fredaikis was ignorant of using our codes in newz and not giving small emulators the opportunity to keep up and give fun to those who like the game, It's a fact that a union by members our would take down newz but that's not possible, everyone here has their own interests and others know that it's not worth investing time in an old engine, they do it because they really like it and kill the nostalgia that this brings us!

oh f**ck english bad hahaha :D
I use translate for some things

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I lost interest in warz because I was ashamed of Thai children. When you release the src they remove your credits and replace them with server name credits etc and the src doesn't change anything except weapon equipment. Weird colors create a series of freaky fairy tales that he's proud of. When I look at the forums again in years and load the src they released.I have to stop and delete the src and say oh this is rubbish haha

I can do it!, i guess...
Reaction score
Spent too much time on it, focused too much on it and because of that i was putting less interest in people close to me and even myself.

The more time i spent here, the more things i backward engineered - the more i wanted to push myself, to achieve something that people won't even care.
Big part i met here were people that simply did not cared, just wanted to suck as much as they could from others work.
Agressive pushes by Fred and others also made my enthusiasm lesser and lesserwit hevery next month.
Also being given a nametag of "SurvivalMMO / StargateZ" destroyet because i was pushed to prepare new things, but while being ignored by others when i told them what to do so we could save the balance - but no.

I siimply took a break - tho in early 2020 i was diagnosed with a cancer, so i took overall a total dump and just disapeared from many communities - tho i was still spammed by people left and right to help them with whatever poop they wanted in WarZ world.
I decided to go all in and said - i am willing to sell everything i made, all work files, all private plugins and scripts for latest 3dsmax or even maya, all of my documentation i made related to 3D modeling and asset importing to this engine, even animation files and step by step turtorials of my own how to rig and make a proper anim for that eninge.

And hey, as soon i said that, i was totaly ignored, or i was even pushed by some faggs to give it all away.
If i would have no use in that, no one will - so i literaly removed everything - 400GB of data from my local drivers, 3 copies on different web archives - all of it gone.

It was my farewell to this community - i did not spent that much time and achieved all of that to just give it away to leachers. It was all better for me to remove it so no one else gonna use it.

This community is dead, and let it stay that way. It will never what we were fighting for and creating before NewZ came out as "official tittle" - You all should just leave it to your memories, remember it as in of the glory years of 2012 - 2015/2016...

Thats it lads, even if i won against a Cancer in my body, i rather stay dead on this forum and just stay as a memory of the past to others.
And you lads, should do the same - hold some contact if you want, but don't spent your time on a thing that is not worth to do no more....

This... is where the journeys ends
Farewell

kernelpanic - [Discussion] Infestation Development in 2022 - RaGEZONE Forums

Last edited:
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
wow Sylvanas1234 how long my friend, your story of overcoming is incredible bro, it's like I said great people were discouraged by the very members of this forum who just wanted to scam and steal data and didn't contribute anything, I miss the times when we all stopped here to develop something new all members of the old ones interacting with each other.

I lost a great friend to cancer 'AlexRedd' when aLCA came to give the news that AlexRedd had passed away I was sad at home, due to spending so much time on this forum we create bonds with people we have never met in person

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
It's an old topic, but I'd like to tell you my point of view.
Yes, the Infestation/WarZ community is dead, what's left is playing NewZ or some THAI server.
Lately I have seen some Brazilian emulators emerge, but none with potential.
Let's be honest, developing something related to Infestation/WarZ these days is "pathetic".

Even if you get a good average of players, you will have to pay for a good host to not to be bothered by the DDoS's that some kid will send to you using his parent's computer.
You will have to develop or buy a good Anti-Cheat to not to be bothered by cheaters.
And you won't be able to make a lot of money off your game because you don't own the engine copyright.

In the past, OP Productions did not care about the emulators, but after the end of Infestation/WarZ and Fredaikis acquiring the game copyrights, the situation changed.
Several pages/groups/videos of emulators were deleted from the internet by Fred's claim.

Other than that, there are still other reasons, such as:
  1. The infestation source code s*cks, it works, but it sucks. (example: bad memory management, several memory leaks, and others 100 types of bad C/C++ practices such as global pointers, no smart pointers, bad code organization, void functions with return at the end... The first time i read r3d_network.cpp i almost had a seizure).
  2. The same is exposed, that means, it's easy to find flaws that can lead to appropriate bugs/cheats.
  3. The external libraries are absurdly outdated, RakNet for example, which is the p2p system of the game, was discontinued around 2015 by its original developers, it has several bugs that to this day are used by people to bring down servers, at the time of emulators it was common for MasterServer to crash for receiving a minimal DDoS attack on its port. (note: seems like ISS devs didn't like to read at all, even outdated, RakNet still had some security protocols and others stuffs that could've used to improve network security and syncronization between players, but yea, they just ignored it).
  4. The source code still uses VS2008, if you want to upgrade you must change several things in the source code and there are no guarantees that more bugs will not come up with this. (note: st*pid hash_map, also, i dunno why they insisted so much using C arrays, even for players table, when they could've replaced it for a std::vector. Better. Popular. Beautiful.

Even if you solve all this, you still won't be able to see your effort paying off because you can't sell your game since you don't own the engine copyright.
I've been researching the copyright price some time ago, basically the owner wants your kidney (both) and a % of your game profits.
Honestly, I would not pay 1/5 of what he's asking for even if i was drunk.
Want a tip? Go to Unreal Engine or Unity, Updates every month, alot of tutorials on youtube, marketplace where you can buy several things and it's free to use and sell (until you reach 'x' profit). And better, you'll not have to share your profits with someone who just delivered a source code full of bugs in your hands.

In other words, give up.
It was good while it lasted folks, but everything inevitably has an end.

I started programming when the first source code was posted by @Vusion in 2013 when I was 13 years old.
I participated in numerous projects and teams, worked with several source codes of Infestation/WarZ and witnessed all the evolutions of this community.
I was so fanatical about developing Infestation servers that I dropped out of school for three years so I could devote myself completely. It was the biggest mistake of my life and today I realize how I wasted time dedicating myself to something that would never get me anywhere.

But also, I learned a lot from all of you, the Infestation/WarZ community taught me how to work as a team, taught me how to develop things, taught me how to always measure the risks/benefits of my actions
and taught me to never pay for a code that a week later can be released xD.
And I've also made great friends in this community that I still keep in touch with.

Today I am 22 years old, WarZ/Infestation was part of my life, both as a player and developer.
@Sylvanas1234, I understand you perfectly friend, I worked very hard developing things that today do not make sense and at the time, no one cared.
Good luck with your treatment, I wish you all the best and always be close to your family, friends and God, they will be your greatest support.

And as @Sylvanas1234 said, just let go, life is more than this game.

WarZ/Infestation is dead, and must remain dead.

I thank you all for the experience I have had during these nearly 10 years of WarZ/Infestation development and wish you all the best.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I just started a project with a friend, I'm an experienced mapper, we will try to bring some of tarkov mechanics and make it a blend of arcade and hardcore, no real promises tho, as we are mostly doing it for fun, I plan on streaming the map making aswell, maybe.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I am with you broda, The War Z means a lot to me, i really hope someday an original the war z server will pop up, like old school runescape, a complete backup of the game like it was back then, before iss and all the other bs

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hey, i just want to say Goodbye the WarZ Community. It was a glory time. I played a lots of realy good Emulators. Ty for you Development.
See ya Folks.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
WarZ will be a good place for me in my life, different from all the games I've played, good experiences and friends I've had
it may be necessary to delete old ones for new experiences to come across at different times.

thank you for everything
see you again guys..

Back