Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Discussion] Rewrite Warz/Infestation with collaboration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I think too github better, but...
i clear the useless externals and moving to github..

I got the plan for development..
1 - cleanup the full source
2 - dx11 render layer
3 - merge/implement back the usefull things from eternity (r3dnetwork, math etc)
4 - merge/reimplement mesh, texture, terrain engine things to dx11 render..
5 - ui, studio/client redevelopment

This is the first steps i think, lot of work, but... If devs joining, we can do this.

Reaction score
Re: [Development] Rewrite Warz/Infestation with collaboration

Ok, here is the public repo.
This is the original source, and the main goal is the total cleanup and rewrite..

Actualy i can add only 4 more dev, because its a free repo, but anybod can fork and can pull request.
I have no idea how to use bitbucket.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
A public documentation would be nice too, it's frustrating having to go look for what certain functions do as I try to learn the source.

This is a really good idea, and would be helpful for people like me who's just coming to C++ from other languages.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
If need all function will be documented(commented) in the source of course.. but first we have lot of work..

Im implementing a basic dx11 render at the moment, will be pushed to github soon..

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Wait Gigatoni a few days, i got the repo, everything fine, but i want to finish the framework..

To begin develop a new engine with old features (inc. navmesh, scaleform, r3dnetwork etc)

Cuz i think few about this, the best way is rewrite the whole engine and merge usefull things from warz is better than use warz engine

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i happy to see people want to join us

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Nop.

I got the new thing, i write a new engine (for emulate this), because this render is poop...
Few day and the framework is ready for collaborate development.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
so much work :( i find this source to be to much C and not enough c++

What source u find? but yes this is so much work but we can do together. So many good dev here who like this game. We can make a community GOOD warz edition which is completely free for anyone. And no more stolen or hacking thinks needed.(I know this is just a kids) but if this is free everyone can to use it:) I hope u can join us to. U are insane with megamax :)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
If need all function will be documented(commented) in the source of course.. but first we have lot of work..

Im implementing a basic dx11 render at the moment, will be pushed to github soon..

doxygen is the way.
if you document on source code, then you can process it with doxygen.

I'm going to join at github repo and see what happens.

Reaction score
Re: [Development] Rewrite Warz/Infestation with collaboration

Let me explain something..
Dnc failed because he did private development..

Anyone ever tell you that you must be on drugs?
I never made private development of any project.
The code was available to download here on the forums.
Where was that private?
Dimwitted people tend to make huge posts about how things failed, but they never contributed nor do they seem capable of coding.
No apologies needed from you, as everyone is already aware I never made private branches of code to keep it away from people.
What you might be referring to is my working on fixing bugs and stating I took it from my own local repo.
This does not mean private code, it meant being intelligent and keeping backups prior to making changes to code.
Notice that isn't the same as private development.
I also stated people could do with the code what they wanted, SHOULD contribute but they didn't, I resolved bugs in the code and made even further releases.
Oh, not just 1 release but 3 different versions.
So, where do you get off thinking I failed? The failure was on the end of this community not working together to ASSIST in making it better.

/sarcasm\ But who am I to say otherwise, I'm the guy that kept it all to myself... ROFL

This is yet another reason why I wont assist this section further, only here to set this statement correct.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Sry, i dont want to flame you.
When i said "private", i think: you did it without any open version control.

But i know your job, fixed bugs etc.
So i misspelled the "private" mean, dont take it an attack.

Reaction score
Sry, i dont want to flame you.
When i said "private", i think: you did it without any open version control.

But i know your job, fixed bugs etc.
So i misspelled the "private" mean, dont take it an attack.

You can't flame what I didn't do. But I did correct it. You don't understand "private". I get that.
See again, in order for it to have been private or even "version control", I would had meant to develop it in that manner. Please take the 160'ish post count you have and stop trying to defend a mistake. I clarified already, you had and still have no clue what private development entails or you would understand exactly what I'm saying when I said "I never do private projects".
It is now time for you to leave my replies alone.
Cheers

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ok, then its time to leave this topic, cuz this topic is not about you, and i do not care about the explanation or correction ;)
I only care to rewrite this.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back