Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Reworking textures and game rules/balance

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I randomly decided to make a tarkov-ish warz, and been retexturing a lot of the weapons and items, reworking their balance for a more hardcore fps only version of the game, everything is still wip, but I've recently liking the direction its been going

(imgur link since its a lot of screenshots)

Reaction score
Much works, attention the mix of different offset games sergey's and other projects can make strange even if sometimes the result is top.

am interested in how you are going to introduce your idea in the gameplay, recoil/spread, system, sound etc

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
for recoil/spread I have been mostly messing the the games system, making guns accurate but with a lotta kick, I still need to finish up some things and make a alpha with friends to test out in actual gameplay how it handles, same for loot rarity, damage, zombies etc

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
did some work and tests on different outfits

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Keep up the good work brother!!!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
small update, got the alpha map done, most weapons have been retextured and rebalanced, having some trouble with SQL, but hopefully will get it running soon. few more spoilers:

I can do it!, i guess...
Reaction score
Ducking hell, even when i quit all of it and get rid of all the files i made, own etc... still something forces me to come here xd

i am not going to talk about retextures much, i will leave a short thing - keep it going man, simple subtle edits are always best.

Tho here is a thing you could consider - working around shader maps - do not work around normal maps if you do not feel good around models etc, but try to work around specular maps - it can make huge of a difference on many models.

Why i am telling this? Pistol recolor into the "two-tone" made me think about it.

Pistols like Jericho are made out of polymer - excluding that, a "TAN finish" is a total mat finish on the non-metallic parts (even on metal parts, the tan finish stops sun reflections in a way) - you could darker that part of a gun in a _S file to make it looks a bit different.

You could also brighten the upper part of a pistol to see how of a difference between "ohh shiny" and "non-shiny" you going to get.

you will for sure will have to that kind of edit on the "custom guerilla" you edited into the police vest - because it will still shine like dog balz in the light xd

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I already did that on most items and weapons, I'm versed with firearms and what know, so I know whats supposed to shine and whats not

did a few more, improved a few other guns I worked on before, will start making all mods compatible with most weapons (fml for having to do the animations for some now, maybe I can reuse a few who knows)

I can do it!, i guess...
Reaction score
You should update the light settings over your test map to see proper edits with shading textures because you cannot see thing here tbh :/

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I just use that testmap to make the textures since I can clearly see them, I test the light and shading on the actual playable map

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
safezone spoilers
been thinking about streaming the progress on it from time to time just to chill and chat, not sure if anyone would like to watch it tho

Back