Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

"Show It Off" thread aka "Strut your Stuff"

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
re: "Show It Off" thread aka "Strut your Stuff"

Group -> Write new packet that sends to server that you send a Invite packet.
Send it from Server to the Client that will be invited.
Send an Packet to the Server if you accept Invite that sends to the Leader
Group will be created.
Whats wrong?!

Quest system:
Learn Adobe Flash & Action Script and Scaleform poop. Then create a new User Interface what u use for quests.
In the UI add an Array List for the quests that you get from your api site.

That should be basic enaught or?!

Please, do never ask me again for help. To much people fooled me, now they need to live with it.

I never cheated on you, and I still treat you with the respect you gave to our forum is much more than Ndali who either, and it's up to you to share with us your work or not, thank you that you have been doing training)

Retired. Don't PM.
Developer
Reaction score

Do not wait, they do not share with us their work)

I do not share 'my' (our) work because I am obligated to by my team to not share our code. It's just their preference to be closed source.

Plus, it's a personal preference for the same reason iKasu does not share his/her work; It is a damn shame when you put in a lot of effort into a project only to have someone run off with everything you did when the rest of the team members contribute nothing at all. I've had it happen in the past to myself. iKasu has likely had the same issues judging by this thread's responses.
If you are going to make something public domain, you do it from the beginning.

By the way, code is something you can't make a tutorial for. It's something you make a diff for. It's something you be creative with instead of trying to rip off of others.

Master Summoner
Reaction score

I do not share 'my' (our) work because I am obligated to by my team to not share our code. It's just their preference to be closed source.

Plus, it's a personal preference for the same reason iKasu does not share his/her work; It is a damn shame when you put in a lot of effort into a project only to have someone run off with everything you did when the rest of the team members contribute nothing at all. I've had it happen in the past to myself. iKasu has likely had the same issues judging by this thread's responses.
If you are going to make something public domain, you do it from the beginning.

By the way, code is something you can't make a tutorial for. It's something you make a diff for. It's something you be creative with instead of trying to rip off of others.

Then why are you here anyways? I thought we were a community. A COMMUNITY helps the others. And also, this thing you said - so why did you write a tutorial on how to create and setup a WarZ/Infestation server, since it was "your code"?

Retired. Don't PM.
Developer
Reaction score

Then why are you here anyways? I thought we were a community. A COMMUNITY helps the others. And also, this thing you said - so why did you write a tutorial on how to create and setup a WarZ/Infestation server, since it was "your code"?

I wrote a tutorial because it helps people get the basics started. The rest is up to your imagination on what you can do.

Groups are not included in the RaGEZONE public release, thus it is 'my (our team's) code'.

This thread exists for showing things off, not begging for people to release things they can't do themselves due to lack of knowledge.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

I wrote a tutorial because it helps people get the basics started. The rest is up to your imagination on what you can do.

Groups are not included in the RaGEZONE public release, thus it is 'my (our team's) code'.

This thread exists for showing things off, not begging for people to release things they can't do themselves due to lack of knowledge.

Exactly, this is why i also won't share stuff from my Server. I'll damage my Server with Releases too so yeah.
I also got the Group System worked by myself (btw SecretsOThePast, my system works now :D)

The funny thing i saw today was this sentence: "A COMMUNITY helps the others"
Okay, so where is your release? We, who know how something works, should copy everything from us
that the COMMUNITY can copy and paste it? This is not a kind of help this is sticking it up your butt!

If we say you need to take a look at that or that you'll reply with: Just gimme the code.
Thats not what a community is made for ;)

Over and Out :O *Sleep time*

Master Summoner
Reaction score

Exactly, this is why i also won't share stuff from my Server. I'll damage my Server with Releases too so yeah.
I also got the Group System worked by myself (btw SecretsOThePast, my system works now :D)

The funny thing i saw today was this sentence: "A COMMUNITY helps the others"
Okay, so where is your release? We, who know how something works, should copy everything from us
that the COMMUNITY can copy and paste it? This is not a kind of help this is sticking it up your butt!

If we say you need to take a look at that or that you'll reply with: Just gimme the code.
Thats not what a community is made for ;)

Over and Out :O *Sleep time*
Well, if you both say "will damage my server" and such, why don't you explain it right so I can try setting it up by myself? Because both "tutorials" are not well explained.

Retired. Don't PM.
Developer
Reaction score

Well, if you both say "will damage my server" and such, why don't you explain it right so I can try setting it up by myself? Because both "tutorials" are not well explained.

I figured it out without a tutorial, hence why the tutorial even exists.

What's stopping you from making your own server by the way? If you are inexperienced, you should at least be willing to experiment and dive into things blindly to learn - instead of having someone hold your hand through every step of the learning process. Personally, I think you want all of the attention while doing none of the work like most private server owners do. Which is fair, it's only human to want attention, it's just despicable to get the attention based on other peoples' work and not your own.

If I were to post groups, you'd press 'thanks' on my post and run off with the code, just like if you had joined one of these major private servers and did nothing. Laziness shall not be rewarded.

f793
Reaction score

What's stopping you from making your own server by the way? If you are inexperienced, you should at least be willing to experiment and dive into things blindly to learn - instead of having someone hold your hand through every step of the learning process. Personally, I think you want all of the attention while doing none of the work like most private server owners do. Which is fair, it's only human to want attention, it's just despicable to get the attention based on other peoples' work and not your own.

If I were to post groups, you'd press 'thanks' on my post and run off with the code, just like if you had joined one of these major private servers and did nothing. Laziness shall not be rewarded.
At least you would get from community good reputation and become much admired. Just sayin'....

Master Summoner
Reaction score

You don't know me neither you know my intentions. I'd credit the people here if I had a credit button.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

So Ikasu comes to a public file sharing forum and complains about shared data? Do us all a favor and leave this forum if you have nothing to contribute anymore. I am sick of reading your whiny shenanigans drama every time I come here as I HELP OTHERS GET THIER poop WORKING, unlike elitist assholes like yourself that do nothing but act like you matter at all to this community.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

So Ikasu comes to a public file sharing forum and complains about shared data? Do us all a favor and leave this forum if you have nothing to contribute anymore. I am sick of reading your whiny shenanigans drama every time I come here as I HELP OTHERS GET THIER poop WORKING, unlike elitist assholes like yourself that do nothing but act like you matter at all to this community.

oh dear someone needs to read the rules.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

At least you would get from community good reputation and become much admired. Just sayin'....
Specials has enough admiration for his work with GunZ, and other such illegal stuff.

Retired. Don't PM.
Developer
Reaction score

Last I heard this was a MMORPG development forum, not a file sharing forum, no one is obligated to share their development work with you. Also, me, not mattering? Who spent time to write a tutorial again, and what have you done?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

I aggree what Secrets says :D
It's not like: "Hey gimme that and that pleaassee" or "PLEASE DO A TUTORIAL!". You can ask questions like:

"I try to select a proper Sound Device. The Main Problem is that the FMODSystem doesn't return the right value"

or something like:

"I try to Bann a Player via the Playerlist in his Context Menu. I know it returns a String so i thought its the Selected Player Name,
well it shows crap for me. Does anyone has an idea how to get the Right Playername from the Playerlist?"

You work on something that YOU did, but you stuck at a point, so you can ask other Developers and not
request tutorials for things you didn't understand.
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Well, don't be mad if i want that this Thread gets cleaned because its not a discussion thread its a "Show your Stuff" Thread.

Let's continue where we stopped:
DNC - "Show It Off" thread aka "Strut your Stuff" - RaGEZONE Forums

I changed the Main Layout a little bit, added rewards and the Quests will be loaded from the Database via API Site :D

Now i need to add the Global Quest System with predefined Quest Types like Kill, Collect, Deliver, etc.
So yeah - more weeks to work on xD

Master Summoner
Reaction score

iKasu, could you then tell me how to send server and client packets? This is all I ask for.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

iKasu, could you then tell me how to send server and client packets? This is all I ask for.

Are u serius?!
You are really unable to locate 1 packet that get's send to the Server?!
I mean, whats about PKT_SetPlayerReputation ?
Isn't it a packet?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

I aggree what Secrets says :D
It's not like: "Hey gimme that and that pleaassee" or "PLEASE DO A TUTORIAL!". You can ask questions like:

"I try to select a proper Sound Device. The Main Problem is that the FMODSystem doesn't return the right value"

or something like:

"I try to Bann a Player via the Playerlist in his Context Menu. I know it returns a String so i thought its the Selected Player Name,
well it shows crap for me. Does anyone has an idea how to get the Right Playername from the Playerlist?"

You work on something that YOU did, but you stuck at a point, so you can ask other Developers and not
request tutorials for things you didn't understand.
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Well, don't be mad if i want that this Thread gets cleaned because its not a discussion thread its a "Show your Stuff" Thread.

Let's continue where we stopped:
I changed the Main Layout a little bit, added rewards and the Quests will be loaded from the Database via API Site :D

Now i need to add the Global Quest System with predefined Quest Types like Kill, Collect, Deliver, etc.
So yeah - more weeks to work on xD
Thumps up :thumbup:

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

I found my old swf :D: :lol:
This was the First Thing i ever did in Flash before everything else has been done.
(1 week ago at 16.06.2013 xDD)

Master Summoner
Reaction score

Are u serius?!
You are really unable to locate 1 packet that get's send to the Server?!
I mean, whats about PKT_SetPlayerReputation ?
Isn't it a packet?
Thanks for the TIP.

Back