Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Tutorial] HOW TO SETUP AN INFESTATION MMO SERVER (it's back, yay!)

Master Summoner
Reaction score
DNC, feel free to repost this if you want to. Also, get better dude.
Code:
Visual Studio 2008 Professional Edition:
[URL]http://download.microsoft.com/download/8/1/d/81d3f35e-fa03-485b-953b-ff952e402520/VS2008ProEdition90dayTrialENUX1435622.iso[/URL]

Visual Studio 2008 Professional Edition SP1:
[URL]http://download.microsoft.com/download/a/3/7/a371b6d1-fc5e-44f7-914c-cb452b4043a9/VS2008SP1ENUX1512962.iso[/URL]

Microsoft® SQL Server® 2008 R2
[URL]http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=23650[/URL]
Make sure to install SQL Server with "Mixed Mode Authentication"

Microsoft Web Platform Installer 4.5 in order to install ---> PHP for IIS
[URL]http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=255386[/URL]

DirectX Software Development Kit: 
[URL]http://download.microsoft.com/download/A/E/7/AE743F1F-632B-4809-87A9-AA1BB3458E31/DXSDK_Jun10.exe[/URL]
[/COLOR]
After you've installed all of the software listed above, it's time to download the Server Bins & Client Source. Click here!

Extract the zip file to C:\WarZ. If successfully extracted, you should see a src and bin folder inside C:\WarZ.

Now, open up C:\WarZ\src\EclipseStudio\WarZ.sln, go to Tools / Options / Projects and Solutions / VC++ Directories. Select Include files, and then add a new line containing: C:\WarZ\src. Do the same for Library files.

Don't forget to add DirectX SDK's Includes and Libraries.
Code:
Include:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft DirectX SDK (June 2010)\Include
(if your VPS/Windows is 32-bit, it will be C:\Program Files.)

Libraries:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft DirectX SDK (June 2010)\Libx86

• Compile server (C:\WarZ\bin\server) in RELEASE build.
  • After that, compile EclipseStudio in RELEASE (Studio.exe) and then FINAL (WarZ.exe) build.
  • Compile WZBackend-ASP.NET (C:\WarZ\src\scripts\WZBackend-ASP.NET) in DEBUG build and PUBLISH it to your API folder (default is C:\inetpub\wwwroot\WarZ\api\)
  • Compile RSBuild in RELEASE build.
  • Compile RSUpdate in RELEASE build.

DON'T DO THIS UNLESS IF YOU WANT TO MAKE YOUR SERVER PUBLIC!!
Now, go to C:\WarZ\bin, open the file game.ini and replace where it says 127.0.0.1 to your server's IP.

Open up SupervisorServer.cfg and replace where it says localhost to your server's IP, and 127.0.0.1 to your server's IP.

Go to C:\WarZ\bin\build\data\updater\, locate Launcher.cfg, and replace all of 127.0.0.1 and localhost to your server's IP. Run the .bat file, copy WarZlauncher.exe_0.9.3.exe to C:\inetpub\wwwroot\wz\updater.

Go to C:\WarZ\bin\build\RSBuild.xml and edit where it says 127.0.0.1 and/or localhost to your server's IP.

Run RSBuild.exe, wait until it finishes. When it's done, go to C:\WarZ\bin\build\data\, copy all files to your WZ directory (default is C:\inetpub\wwwroot\wz\).

Done! Now you can connect to your WarZ/Infestation server!

USEFULL TIPS:

1. To set your account as Developer, open up UsersData, find your CustomerID and change IsDeveloper to 1.
  2. To apply any of the updates that DNC made, just replace their files and re-compile alll of the modified solutions.

CREDITS TO: VUSION, CRUM, FINITO, DNC, IKASU, AND ALL OF THE PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY HELPED DNC MAKE HIS COMMUNITY EDITION.

sticky pls

Last edited by a moderator:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Re: [TUTORIAL] HOW TO SETUP AN INFESTATION MMO SERVER (it's back, yay!)

One of the better, more clear tutorials. Thanks for reposting it man.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

What they said!

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Thanks for reposting this Jonny, appreciate it.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

First and foremost thank you very much, thanks to this guide will try to make my local server and have fun.
I have a question though, and not tell you to explain me just ask for a link haha

there goes How it compiles? Is there any tutorial? It may seem like shenanigans but never encouraged me because I do not understand this step, if there is a link to teach you really appreciate it, thank you for your work

Oh, and apologies for the English is google translator who helped me XDD

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Ok, so the trial version of Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 ended, and I can't find a way to crack it, any ideas?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

Try uninstalling VS and reinstalling, I know you could do that with 2005 and it would restart the trial period..maybe it still works?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

This tutorial is rubish, none of this did work.

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Try uninstalling VS and reinstalling, I know you could do that with 2005 and it would restart the trial period..maybe it still works?

Ok that works, thx bro :)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

I am kinda lost on something, am I supposed to be able to connect to my emulator through the "Dev Client" in the Studio or the launcher after doing this tutorial? or are there more things I have to do to be able to connect?

Back