Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Tutorial] RSBuild Incremental Update

Reaction score
So, i think the creator of the thread erased how to, pretty much this scans existing RSBuild BIN files, scans them, and makes faster updates.
How to do it

In RSBuild.xml, search for
Code:
<!--  set base archive for incremental update  -->

Below it should be like

Code:
<!-- <base file="C:\inetpub\wwwroot\wz\wz4711040D"/> --!>
Remove the <!-- on both sides
Change
\inetpub\wwwroot\wz\wz4711040D to your BIN directory, and change wz4711040D to your most recent RSBuild generated BIN File.

Reaction score
Ok thanks , and every time I do an update I have changed the :
Remove the <!-- on both sides
Change
\inetpub\wwwroot\wz\wz4711040D to your BIN directory, and change wz4711040D to your most recent RSBuild generated BIN File.

to the last bin which to generate?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I really don't get it. I did this incremental and just generated two files, one with 8mb and another one with 103 bytes.

LIKE? WTF

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
when we change code I have to do whole rsbuild?
Ido not understand

Reaction score
when we change code I have to do whole rsbuild?
Ido not understand
I don't understand how you DON'T understand. I probably write a stupid in-depth tutorial and of course there will always be this guy who doesn't have a clue whats going on.

The whole point of Incremental build is to scan the current bin files, and make smaller bin files that contains the edited files. This means RSBuild will take around 5 minutes instead of an hour on a full build.

Back