Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Teleport to a safe location when switch between servers

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
hello, as the title says, in my own warz server, i put 2 server, so when i switch between servers the player doesnt go to a safe location. Per exemple, in original ISS or Newz when you swap from colorado1 to colorado2 the game teleport you to a safe location, but in my own game he still in the same place whatever if i go from colorado1 to colorado2. I hope u can understand, im not so good on english and a very noob on this warz servers and i dont know programming nothing. I just fallow a youtube videos to build my own game.

my MasterServer.cfg is in this way:
clickptg - Teleport to a safe location when switch between servers - RaGEZONE Forums

Reaction score
Welcome to Ragezone,

you can check that :

void CJobProcessUserJoin::DetectServerHop()

and

void ServerGameLogic::GetSpawnPositionAfterDeath(const r3dPoint3D& GamePos, r3dPoint3D* pos, float* dir)
void ServerGameLogic::GetSpawnPositionNewPlayer(const r3dPoint3D& GamePos, r3dPoint3D* pos, float* dir)
void ServerGameLogic::GetSpawnPositionAfterDeath2(const r3dPoint3D& GamePos, r3dPoint3D* pos, float* dir)

take your choice :)

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
thx for your help. Im really noob on this, so what soluction i need to check, WarZ_Server, WarZ, RSBuild, other? Which those three is better?

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
do not waste money on such micro changes... Oosmar02 literally sent you the solution...

Upvote 0
Reaction score
Why all big work to it?

Create a table ServersPositions and small work in WZ_Char_SRV_SetStatus

Do for any diff map id, you save positions and when back to another map id. Get current pos and work in WarZ_Server.sln for "teleport to near spawn"

ragezone has a tutorial on how you can get these "crumbs" of code.

hf9YXfb - Teleport to a safe location when switch between servers - RaGEZONE Forums

I don't advise you to pay for it.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
for sure i will not play for nothing and that guy should be banned. this forum its free and its about to help other for free...thx all for the free help

Upvote 0
Back