Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Any Updates Regarding Newer PhysX, DirectX, and Other Things?

Reaction score
As the title suggests, I was wondering if anyone has made any improvements in the past couple years regarding implementing newer SDK's and Libraries. As most of you know, WarZ Still runs on DirectX 9, and was wondering if anyone got DX 10, or Even DX 11 working, along with newer PhysX, and maybe even implementing multithreaded support.

Any help / direction would be nice, I'm going to play around with PhysX and see if I can get a newer version working. If I get anything, I'll report back here.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I know that there are some sources out there with Multithreading support but as far as I know nobody was able to implement a newer Physx Version

Upvote 0
Reaction score
duck DX9, Vulkan for the lulZ

wOvnzFK - Any Updates Regarding Newer PhysX, DirectX, and Other Things? - RaGEZONE Forums

I'm going to play around with PhysX and see if I can get a newer version working. If I get anything, I'll report back here.

It's pretty cancer todo, we finished like 80%, should take a look at it too.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Upvote 0
Reaction score
you can upgrade to PhysX SDK version 3.2.5 without any problem, above that version you need to update your code. I was updating all the code to PhysX SDK version 3.3.0, but later I ended up running out of time.

if you have time and patience you can try to implement version 4.0, instead of climbing stairs like i was doing...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Reaction score
you can upgrade to PhysX SDK version 3.2.5 without any problem, above that version you need to update your code. I was updating all the code to PhysX SDK version 3.3.0, but later I ended up running out of time.

if you have time and patience you can try to implement version 4.0, instead of climbing stairs like i was doing...
I already have 3.2.5 implemented :)
I just got Vulkan added as a compatibility layer to DirectX 9, (super ez), but i really want to do directX 11 for better shader, graphics, and FPS increase.

Upvote 0
Reaction score
D11x and D12X is included Windows SDK Tools. You will need remove first current dx9 of the source for later add your preference version.

the job will be easier.as I told you on pm-discord. doing it the way I am doing will make the code much cleaner, organized and updated for future libraries.Remember? Clean up all the code first of all.

Upvote 0
Reaction score
D11x and D12X is included Windows SDK Tools. You will need remove first current dx9 of the source for later add your preference version.

the job will be easier.as I told you on pm-discord. doing it the way I am doing will make the code much cleaner, organized and updated for future libraries.Remember? Clean up all the code first of all.

There is no need to remove the dx9, you can use it together just like other games do and everything he needs is already included in the source at "External\dxsdk", he will only need to update his code and shaders to dx11...

Upvote 0
Reaction score
There is no need to remove the dx9, you can use it together just like other games do and everything he needs is already included in the source at "External\dxsdk", he will only need to update his code and shaders to dx11...

Yes, he can make a selector for this. even automatic driver detector.more... why stick to old things?

I say this: I do it for fun and not for others to criticize. more is just my opinion about keeping something that’s no longer relevant, the code is totally open and free to expand.

Upvote 0
Back