Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Tera is shutting down

RaGEZONE VIP
[VIP] Member
Reaction score
Fireworks at the Velika Outskirts beach (NA Velik)

Final few minutes at Velika Freedom Plaza (there were actually a lot more characters but around 15 minutes before closure, the amount of fireworks going off caused major client FPS lag where a lot of folks crashed; I experience two lockups; so some folks went to other locations after crashing multiple times)

Small note: It's been over a day now since the official closure, but that empty feeling of loss still exists. I know we have the server files and can therefore recreate our characters/costumes/everything on top of being able to continue experiencing the game. But what an offline setup or restarting on a rogue/private server cannot replace/replicate, is the time, the friendships, the memories (good or bad) over the years that we played those characters. Additionally, the finality that there will be no more newly designed content (good or bad), really set in. That's the loss/sadness that I've been experiencing this past 24+ hours. :(:

P.S. - I watched some KR streams as they went offline last; looks like their entire setup was kill switched because the game client simply exited; that must have felt abrupt/jarring for a lot of their players (most of the streamers sort of gasped when the game just quit). The GF termination was a network disconnect so most folks got the server disconnect message; in my case, the dialog didn't popup as seen in the video where I left 1 minute of it as a "moment of silence").

Last edited:
RaGEZONE VIP
[VIP] Member
Reaction score
It was the authentic client FPS drop, stutter/freeze, and inevitable crashing TERA experience (if there were a lot of players and/or dragon fireworks going off) near the end.

After freezing twice, I headed over to Pora Elinu (6 minute mark) since a bunch of elins were going to make that their final resting spot at the bridge. Once I got there, I remembered I had pre-parked all my characters at Velika Freedom Plaza so I headed back (just wanted all my account characters to symbolically be together). But this was the scene over at Pora Elinu as captured by another player.

Back