Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Tera is shutting down

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Servers will close on June 30 after studio decides to cease development after eleven years. big sad.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
it ended too soon, many older mmos are still alive ...it was a shock ... it seems it wasn't generating enough money ...

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
Still it's hard to be the same...
I'm planning it too, but it won't be the same thing.

I know it wont. ;/
I kinda wanted to do it too, but I do not have that much...programming skills and knowledge so i wouldnt be able to. But i do have a server to use xD
I just wish we had at the very least a version 97 leak with the 64bit client.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I know it wont. ;/
I kinda wanted to do it too, but I do not have that much...programming skills and knowledge so i wouldnt be able to. But i do have a server to use xD
I just wish we had at the very least a version 97 leak with the 64bit client.

I'm with this one. 64 bit client could be so helpful.

I do already have a server up and functioning, everything works except the shop. I'm in search of someone who does web development that can put together a site/backend for registration/account management (waiting on response from a friend). I'm also tinkering with the API that was posted in the 92.03 thread to see if I can get the Launcher/patcher functioning. So really, if I can just get another dev to work alongside me, I could be open to the public soon. Right now it's just me and 6 other people playing on it.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
There's currently a couple of private servers running around

v92.04
v92.04
v92.03

Right, and I knew that, But I'm trying to go with an "authentic" feel and all of them are modified/made easier for leveling etc. I'm trying to keep things authentic

Reaction score
Right, and I knew that, But I'm trying to go with an "authentic" feel and all of them are modified/made easier for leveling etc. I'm trying to keep things authentic

Yeah, i know what you mean, but keep in mind most of the playerbase are veteran or people who played some years ago, then start from scratch is a pain in the butt

(From my perspective, no offense of course)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yeah, i know what you mean, but keep in mind most of the playerbase are veteran or people who played some years ago, then start from scratch is a pain in the butt

(From my perspective, no offense of course)

I agree .

RaGEZONE VIP
[VIP] Member
Reaction score
For the time being TERA Console will continue. However, Bluehole/Krafton has been radio silent with issuing even a formal press release to the console player base about this. Console is on a completely different patch cycle/cadence since the content and gearing has diverged from the PC version. However, the base produced content (which is normally some of the most expensive stuff to design/create) was still sourced from the PC version.

Looking at it from that perspective, the console team has approximately 2 years worth of produced content/designs from PC TERA which they could utilize if they decide to implement level 70 in console. I know they had sunk some money into the "enhanced graphics" edition for latest generation consoles. Beyond that and given Bluehole Studio's (Krafton's subsidiary design studio that handles Elyon and TERA) precarious financial situation as a result of the financial audit report that was the week before the announcement was made that development would be ending for PC (in short, the Bluehole Studio subsidiary was close to shutting down if it did not receive help from the parent corporation, Krafton; if you really want to know more about this, this is while this is a short look at the financial picture where I have a difficult time seeing TERA Console surviving past a certain point; again, Krafton overall is doing fine due to PUBG; it's just the Bluehole Studio subsidiary that handles Elyon and TERA, being in trouble).

Back