Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

TERA - The Last Quest Cinematic

RaGEZONE VIP
[VIP] Member
Reaction score
Gameforge posted the subtitled video for the final mission quest in TERA which is part of the closing events for the final 2 weeks, that went live the other day in KTERA; unfortunately, GF players won't be able to actually experience playing the quest itself (where your characters would also be part of that final cinematic). Updated the following to my backup since GF removed their YouTube channel)

English:
French:
German:
Russian:

GameOn/Pmang (the publisher of TERA JP), a Japanese subtitle version of The Last Quest cinematic which they added to their web site (they didn't have to do any of this since their official role was over as of April 20th): (mirror)

The following is a VOD of the final quest from a KR player:

They missed recording the NPC's and respective messages in Velika/east side of Highwatch though:

mej2sql - TERA - The Last Quest Cinematic - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
RaGEZONE VIP
[VIP] Member
Reaction score
I feel the same. Even though we have the ability to continue to run the game, the finality of TERA no longer being further developed, nor officially available, really hit home after watching the quest and ending cinematic. I asked another player from KR if they could record the NPC's in Velika for us for posterity sakes (I'll post a link to that if they are able to do it).

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Please, tell him to share the full client with us, I'm sure that if it becomes available someone in the future will be able to port the stuff that Gameforget didn't bother to get for us to a private server. Koreans have a pretty good internet ;)

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Geez... I felt that video and I didn't play this game back in its heyday. I actually only started "playing" TERA about a month ago (currently mostly on the tinkering side) but it's always sad when a online only game reaches EOL and gets shutdown.

This is why I strongly believe in game preservation of all types of media, imagine how many more MMOs/online-only games will vanish in 20+ years and will never return, a real shame. To me it's not just about hosting a large server to play with others, it's also about being able to revisit places you may have visited on your journey, take in the scenery/music and reminisce of the older days. I tend to do that quite a lot with FFXI for example. :p .. Which just isn't the same in today's age compared to the 2004-2007 era.

Anyhow, I know I've said it countless times in the other threads but its never enough! So once again, thank you to everyone involved in developing/leaking/fixing these things to allow others to revisit these places in some capacity.

RaGEZONE VIP
[VIP] Member
Reaction score
Please, tell him to share the full client with us, I'm sure that if it becomes available someone in the future will be able to port the stuff that Gameforget didn't bother to get for us to a private server. Koreans have a pretty good internet ;)
I've been asking some other non-KR folks who have a KR account to save the client for this purpose.

This is why I strongly believe in game preservation of all types of media, imagine how many more MMOs/online-only games will vanish in 20+ years and will never return, a real shame. To me it's not just about hosting a large server to play with others, it's also about being able to revisit places you may have visited on your journey, take in the scenery/music and reminisce of the older days. I tend to do that quite a lot with FFXI for example. :p .. Which just isn't the same in today's age compared to the 2004-2007 era.

Anyhow, I know I've said it countless times in the other threads but its never enough! So once again, thank you to everyone involved in developing/leaking/fixing these things to allow others to revisit these places in some capacity.
Same here (very strong proponent of preservation; especially online only games). This is my second Bluehole owned title that I enjoyed playing to shutdown (the first one was Devilian which closed in 2018; unfortunately, that one had no leaks and there's a small Chinese emulator somewhere out there that was used to at least create characters which could navigate around the game world, but has never been shared). So I've been so thankful for these TERA server binaries where I've also said it many times as well regarding how thankful I am for all of the generous efforts by so many, where we can continue to experience the game.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
wow I just realize my characters were 10 year old, i started during open beta, but stop playing a few years ago and would hop on occasionally to see the new costume/changes to skills etc...
I still have the original gamebox with the compass and map

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Please, tell him to share the full client with us
, they asked me on youtube but the comment was deleted

I asked another player from KR if they could record the NPC's in Velika for us for posterity sakes (I'll post a link to that if they are able to do it).
The video I uploaded originally for the quest line has them at the end of the video with timestamp

RaGEZONE VIP
[VIP] Member
Reaction score
, they asked me on youtube but the comment was deleted

The video I uploaded originally for the quest line has them at the end of the video with timestamp
Thanks so much for taking the time to upload it! Much appreciated; I'll mirror the client on my MEGA as a backup. (I also forgot to link your video with the NPC's; everyone else I had asked kind of got lost in the translation with recording the interaction with them).

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
here is the entire guide book and the letter scanned in incase anyone wants to reference it (if you are on mobile, imgur sets a max image width, so if its super low res, thats why)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Mmm, very sad, mean they do not want to continue the development at all, but perhaps is possible that someone else can take over the project and restart it? With some improvements? Fix what didn't work and add new content, expecially teamwork content? Hub quest were solo content and was very boring, korean devs should learn from games like GW2, how to make the leveling experience more fun and engaging with the help of other players in thesame zone, without channels.

Hope to see Tera back for the better since there is nothing like that on the market at all.

ps: Any news about a possible Tera 2? I read something a while back (remember new Elin model) but since then no news.

RaGEZONE VIP
[VIP] Member
Reaction score
Mmm, very sad, mean they do not want to continue the development at all, but perhaps is possible that someone else can take over the project and restart it? With some improvements? Fix what didn't work and add new content, expecially teamwork content? Hub quest were solo content and was very boring, korean devs should learn from games like GW2, how to make the leveling experience more fun and engaging with the help of other players in thesame zone, without channels.

Hope to see Tera back for the better since there is nothing like that on the market at all.

ps: Any news about a possible Tera 2? I read something a while back (remember new Elin model) but since then no news.
Since over an year has passed since the official closure of the PC version, Krafton doesn't seem to have plans to sell off the TERA intellectual property. Console continues chugging along, but it's mainly recycling dungeons, cycling the seasonal events, performing general tweaks, and battle pass updates. The last remaining developed content from the PC version that hasn't been released yet for console is Exodor and Baldera (it's possible they are stringing that out since they've also kept the level cap at 65 yet).

As for TERA 2, that never really existed as an actual in development project at Bluehole. The concept artwork that was first reported by Steparu in 2015, was posted by the freelance 3D artist on their (Jang Seonghwan was contracted with Bluehole at the time, and would often times post a bunch of concept art); those concepts have long been removed from it. The Elin one of course created a bunch of speculation in South Korea at the time; Bluehole quickly came out and stated there was no TERA 2 being worked on, and that such a sequel would likely not be happening. There's been a bunch of rehashed clickbait though (leading to the renewed rumors on at least 3 separate occasions).

Ever since PUBG (which made them revenues/profits many times over what TERA had made them), the companies focus has shifted away from MMORPG's (it's even more clearer when you go through ). Project W aka Ascent: Infinite Realm was a contractual obligation due to the investment/partnership agreement (for the publishing rights in Korea and NA/EU) by Kakao Games in 2014 and was rebranded to Elyon after the bug filled SEA OBT in 2019 caused them to pull the game, and re-evaluate it. It unfortunately resulted in this watered down soulless failure that was finally shutdown in Japan back in September; they were the sole remaining region running (there was even a TERA collab event in July which a ) since NA/EU closed in December 2022, KR in March 2023, and SEA in April 2023. But since the Project W prototypes, they had no other MMO design concepts in the work. Furthermore, the company began using TERA development as a "bootcamp" for interns and new designers hired by the company. Most of the veteran MMO designers at Krafton, either moved on from the company, or transferred to other projects. One veteran dev who continued to work with the game until the end, gave a rare interview to a reporter in the Korean gaming media that one of my former colleagues (who lives in Seoul), had kept trying to get them to find sources that would provide a bit more insight on the closure; that finally happened in April 2022 under anonymity.

I (which quotes that regarding how TERA was considered the companies "military academy" since it was the bootcamp for wannabe MMO game designers, but also how they felt disappointed about development ending and how they felt that company has changed to this lifeless thing; where it lacks that old school collaborative design ethos the company had when their primary breadwinner was TERA). On top of this, the game had multiple design teams over the years (the original one that came from NCsoft; the early patches that people have huge nostalgia for, was from that team; but that whole lawsuit thing, caused a lot of those folks to bolt for cover) resulting in this schizophrenic mess of ideas, game system changes, and zero sense of cohesion/direction. Now imagine throwing in this "bootcamp" mentality for aspiring designers to learn and cut their chops on; you end up with TERA post Fate of Arun... and this just got worse when they hired some ex-Pearl Abyss (Black Desert Online) folks which I believe the last product director was from to initially work on Ascent: Infinite Realm, before they were assigned to take over TERA around the 2017 timeframe when they did that .

Coming back to the present, Krafton had little to show this year at G-STAR 2023; they are still running on momentum from PUBG since that is still doing well for them especially in Asia. But as I tell people realistically, Krafton has long stopped looking at MMORPG development. Elyon turned into a wasted investment/rapid failure and as of now, Krafton's Bluehole Studio subsidiary which was in charge of both Elyon and TERA, effectively only has TERA console (and that studio subsidiary was already on the financial ropes when the decision to end development was made on April 20, 2022). So yeah, it's only a matter of time IMHO before the franchise ends up going poof completely (which makes these official server binaries even more precious; they may not be the best of what the game once was, but it's something that those of us who played and enjoyed over the years, can continue to do so in some capacity).

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thank you for the detailed informations, this is sad that nobody really picked up the concept of Tera, expecially the combat system, and develop a better open world sandbox from it, like somehow did Archeage, great concept but crappy ruleset and combat system.

Today mmorpg are all poop chinese single player instanced flashing brawlers without any real content, a true desolation. I'm somehow happy that there are private servers for Tera, but unfortunately such servers have heavy limits and there is not any content upgrade.

Indeed Tera 2 is now a pure dream, moreover Nexon cancel Peria Chronicles, the only game i had a little interest in and amazon kills Blue Protocol too with content altered and removed.

Still, i do not lost hope to see a true mmorpg again, expecially from indie development.

Last edited:
Back