Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

"92.03" on VMware

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Okay, thanks for the response. I was wondering, are the En Masse Entertainment and Gameforge versions of this client not available or do they just not work with this server?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Okay, thanks for the response. I was wondering, are the En Masse Entertainment and Gameforge versions of this client not available or do they just not work with this server?

It should work, but unfortunately they are not available...

TERA Foundation
[VIP] Member
Reaction score
It should work, but unfortunately they are not available...

You can still download the client from steam depots. For 92.03 the GF client is works.
But I did not upload this client to disk, maybe I will upload it later.

Steam depots:

9170398820790121141 - Live-92.03 GF #14 (Gold):
SrcRegVer: 366490
ReleaseName: Live-92.03 GF #14 (Gold)
Version: Live-92.03 GF #14 (Gold)
ReleaseDate: 2020-03-26 오후 4:50:15
ShareRevision: 366222
ClientRevision: 366033
ServerRevision: 366490
ReleaseDataRevision: 457642
WebAppRevision: 366296
TeraReleaseName: Live-92.03 GF #14 (Gold)
1288331585112955976 - Live-92.04 GF #2 (Gold):
SrcRegVer: 367078
ReleaseName: Live-92.04 GF #2 (Gold)
Version: Live-92.04 GF #2 (Gold)
ReleaseDate: 2020-04-09 오전 11:06:31
ShareRevision: 367078
ClientRevision: 366453
ServerRevision: 367024
ReleaseDataRevision: 459563
WebAppRevision: 366293
TeraReleaseName: Live-92.04 GF #2 (Gold)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thank you for this release.
Got it working (finally).
For those new to Tera server setup, please see my tips below:

1. Download the client from here (TERA Client 92.03 TW (proto. 366226))
https://forum.ragezone.com/f797/tera-clients-and-servers-collection-1209317/
1.1. Note that the client comes with an anti-cheat removal (xingcodepatch.zip). You have to copy it to your client directory and overwrite files.
1.2. I do not recommend installing the EUR Font Mod - it makes the text impossible to read.

2. Use the launcher from this post. It has a correct URL and port set (Server IP is set to 192.168.15.12)
https://forum.ragezone.com/f797/92-03-vmware-1198583-post9156268/#post9156268

3. Disable firewalls on both VM and the host OS and make sure they can ping each other.
3.1. You can re-enable firewalls back once you make sure everything connects.

4. Create new accounts using the Tera API console available on
Default login: imsadmin
Default pass: 12345
4.1. You can also set your Account to have GM Privilege from there.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
3. Disable firewalls on both VM and the host OS and make sure they can ping each other.

Remembering that in the VM, Robyson disabled the necessary ports in the firewall,
and i believe that it's not necessary to disable in the OS.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello,

So, the VM is DoA. Not sure why or how, but this isn't something a virtual appliance should suffer from. Can't boot from CD for file recovery, can't boot into safe mode. It just dies with the same error ( ) I searched for the error code (0x0000005C) in the thread and got nothing. I searched google and I need to get into a command prompt to run chkdsk and sfc /scannow but, even with a created virtual DVDROM and a Windows Server 2012 R2 ISO, it will not boot. This has to be a me problem, or someone else would have pointed it out, but, I am at a loss as to what this is or how to get past it. I can resolve it if I could only get past it to boot from CD.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello,

So, the VM is DoA. Not sure why or how, but this isn't something a virtual appliance should suffer from. Can't boot from CD for file recovery, can't boot into safe mode. It just dies with the same error ( ) I searched for the error code (0x0000005C) in the thread and got nothing. I searched google and I need to get into a command prompt to run chkdsk and sfc /scannow but, even with a created virtual DVDROM and a Windows Server 2012 R2 ISO, it will not boot. This has to be a me problem, or someone else would have pointed it out, but, I am at a loss as to what this is or how to get past it. I can resolve it if I could only get past it to boot from CD.
LOL!! So you managed to corrupt the Windows Server startup files?
I think you better download the VM again :lol:

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
LOL!! So you managed to corrupt the Windows Server startup files?
I think you better download the VM again :lol:

Lol dude, that shouldn't be possible with a VM. It's a package. If the VM download was incomplete or corrupt, VMware just wouldn't run the VM. That issue is with the system files inside of the VM. If I never ran the VM ever until now, how would I have corrupted start up files? I tried again and still the same issue, I'm just not sure why.

I ran into a weird problem many years ago when virtualization was starting to become a big deal. My companies DNS server kept disconnecting and reconnecting. The system was up, never went down. It was the NIC that kept resetting. I had to call our vendor and we went over it on the phone and did some remote troubleshooting. I don't know what he did to fix the NIC bouncing, but he explained to me that in a physical world, what happened to our NIC wasn't possible. Because our NIC in the VM was virtual, some rules of physical hardware didn't apply to it. VMs do weird/dumb stuff sometimes and there's no way to explain it because it shouldn't happen.

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
Lol dude, that shouldn't be possible with a VM. It's a package. If the VM download was incomplete or corrupt, VMware just wouldn't run the VM. That issue is with the system files inside of the VM. If I never ran the VM ever until now, how would I have corrupted start up files? I tried again and still the same issue, I'm just not sure why.

I ran into a weird problem many years ago when virtualization was starting to become a big deal. My companies DNS server kept disconnecting and reconnecting. The system was up, never went down. It was the NIC that kept resetting. I had to call our vendor and we went over it on the phone and did some remote troubleshooting. I don't know what he did to fix the NIC bouncing, but he explained to me that in a physical world, what happened to our NIC wasn't possible. Because our NIC in the VM was virtual, some rules of physical hardware didn't apply to it. VMs do weird/dumb stuff sometimes and there's no way to explain it because it shouldn't happen.

I actually re-downloaded this yesterday cause needed to double check some things, and have no issues, the VM works perfectly.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I actually re-downloaded this yesterday cause needed to double check some things, and have no issues, the VM works perfectly.

That's what I am saying. It works for others, but not for me, but there's nothing out of the ordinary in my working environment that would cause a VM to bomb. So I am confused as to how it's not working. The issue it has is disk related (system files, boot files etc) and all of those are encapsulated in the VM, like a snapshot of a computer. If the VM file itself is missing data, like corruption, the entire VM becomes corrupt and VMware won't load it.

This is a system file issue.

[Edit:] I just did a sanity check and downloaded the VM again, and the issue persists. I wonder what's up. Anyone who got it to work, can I get your system specs to compare to mine?

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I use the VM on my PC and it's old...

Intel core i7 3770, 4 cores and 8 threads.
Biostar TP67XE Motherboard Ver. 5.1.
Corsair memory 32GB dual channel.
Video Card Nvidia Gtx 970 4GB Ram.
2 HDD Western digital 1TB 7200RPM, 64mb cache, SATA 3.
(On the first HDD is the VM, on the second HDD the client).

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I use the VM on my PC and it's old...

Intel core i7 3770, 4 cores and 8 threads.
Biostar TP67XE Motherboard Ver. 5.1.
Corsair memory 32GB dual channel.
Video Card Nvidia Gtx 970 4GB Ram.
2 HDD Western digital 1TB 7200RPM, 64mb cache, SATA 3.
(On the first HDD is the VM, on the second HDD the client).

Yeah I can't think of any other reason why this wouldn't work unless it's an issue with the vdisk file (Vm Hard Drive) It's set to 200GB, and my drive has 270GB free. I thought maybe it was a space issue but I have the space. This is a head scratcher.

Reaction score
Yeah I can't think of any other reason why this wouldn't work unless it's an issue with the vdisk file (Vm Hard Drive) It's set to 200GB, and my drive has 270GB free. I thought maybe it was a space issue but I have the space. This is a head scratcher.

Let me check too, i'll post the result sooner than later

Done.

Got that error too, but i downgrade the hardware compability to workstation 15 and worked

Proof

DwfXJqU - "92.03" on VMware - RaGEZONE Forums

MVtLzm2 - "92.03" on VMware - RaGEZONE Forums

XpOUdUm - "92.03" on VMware - RaGEZONE Forums

Hope it helps to solve your issue as well

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
@Pagefault404 this VM uses VMware version 16.2.5...

Robyson - "92.03" on VMware - RaGEZONE Forums

Yeah I am using 17 pro. I will downgrade and see what happens. This might be the issue.

[Edit:] Winner winner chicken dinner, argeus99. Dropping it to version 15 in compatibility worked. Remember what I said earlier, virtual machines are not bound by all rules a physical machine is bound by, eh?

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I had the same error. Solved without downgrading VMware.
This is a common CPU compatibility error in Windows. You can google for possible solutions:

1. make sure Virtualization is enabled in your Bios (it is ON by default)
2. make sure "Virtualization engine" options are enabled in VMWare settings for this machine (check under Processors settings)
2.1. try changing Processors configuration from "2 CPUs 4 cores" to "1 CPU 8 cores".
3. try changing your vmx configuration file and disable apichv as described here:

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Are you aware of any downsides to downgrading the VM? Also, I can't be the only person here with a Ryzen 7 5800X, so I am not sure why I would need to fiddle with the core/thread counts, but, again, VMs don't always follow physical laws, so it's something to look into. As far as the virtualization stuff, all of that is enabled. Those are the first things I enable (In BIOS and Hypervisor application) for performance reasons. I will look into these though, see if I can get one to work or both, narrow down and isolate the issue.

Reaction score
Are you aware of any downsides to downgrading the VM? Also, I can't be the only person here with a Ryzen 7 5800X, so I am not sure why I would need to fiddle with the core/thread counts, but, again, VMs don't always follow physical laws, so it's something to look into. As far as the virtualization stuff, all of that is enabled. Those are the first things I enable (In BIOS and Hypervisor application) for performance reasons. I will look into these though, see if I can get one to work or both, narrow down and isolate the issue.

Mine is a Ryzen 9 5900x, maybe is amd thing? anyways, it worked.

Reaction score
No problem!! but since you are using my VM, you can downgrade hardware compatibility to version 16.2.5.

Back