Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[RELEASE ]TERA v100.02 RETAIL FILES

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Thank you all for support. I need to explain some stuff regarding quests. There are 2163 of 2500 used quests, other xmls from 2163-2499 are all empty. Narcis96 dc already had around 60% of text correctly translated, I fixed double lines in about 35%. Remaining 5% are xmls from 1975-2022 that I couldn't find any matching references in EUR v368189 dc. If someone has EUR v366226 maybe those quest can be fixed. There is also issues with double quests in single line entries which is caused by TW dc page structure, I will make a new post soon explaining the problem. In regards to Mystel APEX quests I haven't found any differences in the quest dialogues ( QuestDialog: 1730-1741; StrSheet_Quest: 1837-1847). LordVenom explanation of the bug in DC Tool thread was to broad to narrow it down. I didn't spend lot of time in search for bugfix, so I focused more on correcting double dialogues.

Reaction score
Thank you all for support. I need to explain some stuff regarding quests. There are 2163 of 2500 used quests, other xmls from 2163-2499 are all empty. Narcis96 dc already had around 60% of text correctly translated, I fixed double lines in about 35%. Remaining 5% are xmls from 1975-2022 that I couldn't find any matching references in EUR v368189 dc. If someone has EUR v366226 maybe those quest can be fixed. There is also issues with double quests in single line entries which is caused by TW dc page structure, I will make a new post soon explaining the problem. In regards to Mystel APEX quests I haven't found any differences in the quest dialogues ( QuestDialog: 1730-1741; StrSheet_Quest: 1837-1847). LordVenom explanation of the bug in DC Tool thread was to broad to narrow it down. I didn't spend lot of time in search for bugfix, so I focused more on correcting double dialogues.

EUR 366222 (92.03)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Quick fix for remaining quests using argeus99 eur 366222 dc:

More details of the page structure problem in TW dc. Image shows Narcis96 DC Tool v2 while editing 3 datacenters. First window shows original TW dc, second is translated TW dc (MOD) and third is EUR version 366222. Notice page numbers in red boxes in TW and MOD versions - they share same page id 3393585174_Page under Text 11 and 12 while EUR ver. has all together different ids (3613589526_Page). So for example when I try changing string "What's happening to me?..." in MOD ver. it automatically changes and copies both values in text 11 and 12. EUR ver. works as expected. I'm sure this is NOT the DC Tool bug or result of automatic translation.

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
@zoran8844, The translation tool matches elments by the given keys(attribute names) and map values of the given attributes to the one in the source DC. If you have the v2.0 (value editing tool) you can edit directly the values of attributes of elements, but that wont help much to as you need to be able to add/remove elements which is present in my latest, private version.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Thanks for explaining DC Tool inner workings. I'm glad that you already found a way to add/remove dc elements. Just to clarify I didn't have any issues with DC Tool v2 editing at all, my problems are with TW datacenter itself. I'm sorry for suspecting DC Tool for adding extra Asian characters. Today while hex-editing the dc I found leftover Korean text which caused extra square symbols. Fix for quests and bugged movie will be in a day. I also edited my last post to not be misleading in regards to DC Tool.

APEX QUEST FIX:

Fix for Npc Indecision dialogue in APEX quest-line (Dream). Issue was in VillagerDialog-6562 file, auto translator copied wrong dialogue strings. Folder VillagerDialog has 7933 files and they are also affected by double dialogue problem from last posts (similar to quests). I'm not sure how many files have broken quests or wrong text lines, but fixing them manually won't be easy :( Extra TW text is fixed in 10 quests and in "Your Worst Nightmare" movie from page 6/11. I also corrected space formatting of StrSheet_UI (Level5 -> Level 5)

Last edited by a moderator:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
APEX and NPC Text Fix ( DC v4):

Checked 7933 VillagerDialog files. The auto translator correctly translated about 85%, the rest were untranslated text (~10%) and double lines (~5%) that could have effected quests similar to apex bug. Quest and NPC dialogues should now be mostly all in English, but there are still some text misalignment and double lines because of TW dc string elements sharing same ids (which is not present in EUR dc). This file also includes APEX QUEST FIX. When I check rest of xml-s or make enough substantial changes to the DC, I will release the v4 of TC files.

v2 - Fix for few quests that had wrong text lines and some quest buttons that were broken.

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
APEX and NPC Text Fix (updated):

Checked 7933 VillagerDialog files. The auto translator correctly translated about 85%, the rest were untranslated text (~10%) and double lines (~5%) that could have effected quests similar to apex bug. Quest and NPC dialogues should now be mostly all in English, but there are still some text misalignment and double lines because of TW dc string elements sharing same ids (which is not present in EUR dc). This file also includes APEX QUEST FIX. When I check rest of xml-s or make enough substantial changes to the DC, I will release the v4 of TC files.

Hey man, thanks for ur work again. Little feedback on my side, I did the apex questq with two characters, and game is crashing when cinematic appear after we done with the awakening skills. Thus we don't get an apex scroll, so we can't convert the guardian of velika item to get the 5 additional glyph points.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
@hexaDoc thanks for feedback and support. I play tested Apex quest line (until the Velik's Dream quests) and didn't encounter any bugs. If you are referring to the Mystel cutscene when you acquire all the apex skills than it could have been normal game crash. I remember year ago, players were complaining on official TERA forums that apex quests had problems. Here is example video of crash from 2019: . You can use this command to add one Apex Scroll: "/@insert_item 88710 1" Just remember that this TERA 32-bit engine has memory leak and game will experience slowdown when playing for long and eventually crash. Also I want to use this opportunity to thank @narcis96 for his work on translating TW dc and releasing DC Tool.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
@hexaDoc thanks for feedback and support. I play tested Apex quest line (until the Velik's Dream quests) and didn't encounter any bugs. If you are referring to the Mystel cutscene when you acquire all the apex skills than it could have been normal game crash. I remember year ago, players were complaining on official TERA forums that apex quests had problems. Here is example video of crash from 2019: . You can use this command to add one Apex Scroll: "/@insert_item 88710 1" Just remember that this TERA 32-bit engine has memory leak and game will experience slowdown when playing for long and eventually crash. Also I want to use this opportunity to thank @narcis96 for his work on translating TW dc and releasing DC Tool.

Hey, thanks for reply, I don't think its a normal game crash, happened twice with this DC, and didn't happened once with original/narcis one. Im thinking just now, maybe its because of the video translations that are not compatible with the "vanilla" client?
Cuz if I remember correctly, you did plenty of modifications with some other files that I haven't made yet.
i will do it tomorrow to check, cause that must be the reason I think, so sorry for calling you out for this!

Thanks for the command, but i know about it already ;)
Like its on a serv i run to play some pvp with friends, i disabled gm commands, so ill be looking into createParcel procedure to send it through parcel tmrw.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
No worries for calling me out, if I made some mistake I will try to fix it. What is odd is that Mystel cut scene "Awakened", black dragon defeat "The Fallen Dragon" and second banquet in Velika "A Brighter Future" (cinematic page 9/11) haven't been changed at all because they didn't have any subtitles nor Asian voices so files haven't been replaced with eng versions. I will recheck dc and report back in this post if something is broken.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
No worries for calling me out, if I made some mistake I will try to fix it. What is odd is that Mystel cut scene "Awakened", black dragon defeat "The Fallen Dragon" and second banquet in Velika "A Brighter Future" (cinematic page 9/11) haven't been changed at all because they didn't have any subtitles nor Asian voices so files haven't been replaced with eng versions. I will recheck dc and report back in this post if something is broken.

Nice :) if you need, i can dm u my client's version so you could check it directly with my server's version.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Not sure if it's necessary but if you want then send it in DM. If you say that original narcis96 dc works fine than problem is in my modified version. I don't think this is server problem, maybe your friends in pvp didn't all have same version of dc.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Not sure if it's necessary but if you want then send it in DM. If you say that original narcis96 dc works fine than problem is in my modified version. I don't think this is server problem, maybe your friends in pvp didn't all have same version of dc.

Its all same versions as mine tho...
Well, I do think it will be faster to know if its because of me not doing smth right or an issue with the DC. Im sending you in DM, thanks for your time !

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
-- SOLUTION TO MYSTEL APEX SCROLL BUG --

Fix for issue from last posts reported by @hexaDoc. It turns out that extra event buffs (Boon of Prosperity, Forager and others) were causing Mystel to NOT give one Apex Scroll before final battle with Black Dragon. I suspect that boon of prosperity (100% reward bonus) somehow effects that apex scroll because it is given directly to PC in inventory bag unlike the others that are quest rewards. This weird problem only effect my modified version of DC not the original narcis96 one. Event buffs can be disabled or deleted in "WorldFestival_KR.xml" in "TERA_SERVER\test_te_server\Executable\Bin\Datasheet", scroll to very bottom of the file and you will find lines for them under Michael comment. Here is my xml file with already deleted buffs:

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Small but important update to DC:

Fix for few quests that had wrong text lines and some quest buttons that were broken. I also edited previous post, one with apex and npc text fix and replaced old links with links to this new files.

In case somebody is interested here are two new guides for TERA client ini tweaks:

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
DataCenter v4 Only:

v4 - Includes APEX and NPC fix. Corrected wrong quest lines and broken dialogue buttons.

In last two days, I rechecked multiple times all quest and npc files, fixing remaining mistakes. This version will be somewhat final and I will not update dc as regularly. Unfortunately I couldn't fix element string issues inherit to original TW dc, so few quests and npcs will still have double text. Maybe someone smarter than me can fix this problem in future ;) While checking the dc, I found some new info in regards to Mystel apex scroll bug. DataCenter itself contains 6/7 entries for apex scrolls: ; Sixth Mystel scroll is not present in the dc, instead is send by the server somehow. This is odd because if server or client lose the connection in that moment PC can end up with one scroll missing. One way to fix this issue is to edit dc in a way that Braga gives one scroll extra but in that case PC will have one scroll permanently in inventory. Apex Scrolls are quest essential and can't be traded, stored or destroyed. In the end, I decided to NOT include any changes to quests and scrolls because I wanted just to make TW client more like retail EUR version.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Good job, but anybody can fix RUS ver of TC datacenter? So it's include problem with incorrect fonts for subs and other dilogs in quests and NPC speak...
Me will try if anybody give correct encription and decription keys, from EUR ver - nat applicable...

Back