Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

TERA 100.02 Server VM 16

Mythic Archon
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
For a few days I thanked you for your work.
I think you have misunderstood what I ment.
I only ment, that it's not worth to install a Gameserver with not enough "real" RAM.
A big Pagefile is only worth when you have much RAM.
Sorry, but many users haven't understood the function of a swap-file, yet.
I have experience with different hardware and systems since 1987.

Greetings and have a nice day.

"A big Pagefile is only worth when you have much RAM." - is worth when you don't have enough RAM

Pagefile = Virtual memory

Pagefile is working same way like swap file on Linux

"I think you have misunderstood what I ment." = you write clear enough "For me it makes no sense to apply such a big page file"

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I have experience with different hardware and systems since 1987.

Greetings and have a nice day.

A car mechanic can be servicing cars for 60 years and still not know that a pipe wrench isn't as good for loosening nuts than a regular set of wrenches is, simply because it has worked for him thus far.

Edit: Could open the VM but man, you frankly need to review your instructions and redo them somewhat. It's very difficult to read and figure out with the broken grammar all over. Also no mention as to how one would know if Laragon is even running. But the task bar is top notch on the other hand. You structured everything in a simple and obvious way and also left some of the important files open for directly accessing the IP lines needed for editing. Also the way the command prompts are organized and launching in order.

Some troubleshooting also is missing. For example:
[2022-09-15 09:31:48.792] (error) Steer: Error: connect ECONNREFUSED 127.0.0.1:8105
Can this be ignored? What is it about? Which setting did I forget to change? If any setting is missing, then you forgot to include it in your instructions. Huge mistake on your end because that only complicates debugging.

[LAG] ArbiterThreadTick Lag thread: 4, tick: 47
Same thing

Also some things that need clarifying: Do I need to run ALL batch files for playing? What if I don't intend to enter any dungeons?

If you really want to flesh out your server VM, you could also write a batch file that does the launching for you, since it's a huge amount of files that need launching. Not very user-friendly if all you want is a short session after work. Haven't set up the client and tried connecting yet though, need to do that on the weekend when I have more time.

Last edited:
Mythic Archon
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
@xSpeedx

steer, box can be prompt they do not affect run the server for just play. About all BOX and Steer its nice tools that you can with easy steps add items to calendar, Tera shop, Dressing and many other like play Time reward, login reward and many other things, you even can send item to your character from WEB APP. So you no need use GM command and set server in qamode.

All is just change IP in 3 place + in launcher. All is preinstalled no need do anything.

About Laragon after start you can press LMB on icon that appear on task bar and you will see that he is up and running or not.

Last edited:
Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
[2022-09-15 09:31:48.792] (error) Steer: Error: connect ECONNREFUSED 127.0.0.1:8105

This will pop up in the api because when you start it you do not have the steer part running yet. As soon as you start it the error will dissapear as it can reach the api.

[LAG] ArbiterThreadTick Lag thread: 4, tick: 47
This is pretty normal, you will see it occasionally for a bit but for me it goes away after a few minutes.

Also whether you want to enter dungeons or not you NEED to run worldserver and dungeon servers because some solo dungeons are a requiremenet for story progression, without them you will not be able to complete the story.

The ones you do not need to run is party matching, battlefield since those are only for the queue option.

As for laragon, you see a big green the blue icon pop up in the system tray area when you start it.
Blue means running, green means not running / starting up.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Regardless, it'd be very useful to have some info on which services are needed to run when you want to play by yourself. Regular gameplay, itemshop access and what you need if you want to (or need to due to a quest) access a particular dungeon.

Runes of Magic is a hell lot easier to handle than whatever these cracked up idiots at Bluehole came up with when they made that thing.

Also whether you want to enter dungeons or not you NEED to run worldserver and dungeon servers because some solo dungeons are a requiremenet for story progression, without them you will not be able to complete the story.

That's good to know. Actually important and should be mentioned in the readme file too. The more troubleshooting you include with your guide, the less posts about errors you end up having. Compare my RoM guide to the 6.0.7 one if you want to see what I mean.

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
Regardless, it'd be very useful to have some info on which services are needed to run when you want to play by yourself. Regular gameplay, itemshop access and what you need if you want to (or need to due to a quest) access a particular dungeon.

Runes of Magic is a hell lot easier to handle than whatever these cracked up idiots at Bluehole came up with when they made that thing.

That's good to know. Actually important and should be mentioned in the readme file too. The more troubleshooting you include with your guide, the less posts about errors you end up having. Compare my RoM guide to the 6.0.7 one if you want to see what I mean.

Generally, you need to run Arbiter, topography, worldserver, and both dungeon servers. Those are mandatory for you to be able to play and complete the story.
hub, hubgw, arbitergw and api are a must
Battlefield and PArtymatching are optional.
Xigncode proxy only if you do not use the xigncode bypass for the client

As for shop:
Tikat shop will work regardless, its part of world server.
If you want to use the other shop, you essentially need to run all of the services with i in front (steer, boxweb, fcgi etc) as they are managing the shop, web panel, item claim.
If you do not run them, you will have to use QA commands to get what you want

Mythic Archon
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score

Runes of magic server need at list 300GB RAM so don't tell to ppl the ROM is easy to handle because each zone must be loaded and for Dungeons as well, so please stop write that crap.

If they are idiots why you try play Tera> LoL

if you don't like it what ppl did here don't waste our time, because looks like you want all on gold plate.

Many ppl download my release and all what i see most you get some problems and errors. i make this VM to ppl who don't have time and experience to play with settings files and installing all what this server needs, so take what it is or get lost.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Runes of magic server need at list 300GB RAM so don't tell to ppl the ROM is easy to handle because each zone must be loaded and for Dungeons as well, so please stop write that crap.

Runes IS easier to operate and handle, that's a fact because of the way its server controller is made up. True, with all zones active it wastes a fuckton more memory than Tera does and 16GB vs. 256GB is a huge difference. But your argument misses one crucial point: When do you even need to run ALL zones at once unless you intend to host your own community and know that you will have people in every zone sooner or later? If you play by yourself or with a few friends, you can swap zones on and off as needed.

If they are idiots why you try play Tera> LoL
Game design != server design. Compared to Aion's Lightning emulator, even Runes is a piece of crap with its 5 databases and it's still a nice game. Dunno what the official Aion software is like, I'd be dying to have it though because official is always superior over emulator.

Many ppl download my release and all what i see most you get some problems and errors. i make this VM to ppl who don't have time and experience to play with settings files and installing all what this server needs,
That's pretty much the point of a VM, which is nothing more than a repack. I strove to achieve the same with Runes by installing the whole thing in a VM that's just plug&play. It also minimizes the need of troubleshooting needed. Progress is only possible if one guy takes the burden to set everything up so others don't have to. Literally no different from any other type of development in life. Where would we be if we'd have to assemble our car engine blocks ourself because the inventor didn't feel like making it ready to use?

Edit: So after a few hiccups, I'm ingame. One thing OP should definitely add to his OP is that sometimes, the DungeonServer can cause the WorldServer to shut down. Happened to me on all occasions I've been booting the whole server up so far. Just starting the WorldServer afterward again is fine though. And how do I change the default spawn location? I'm spawning in Velika with a fresh char, not on Stepstone Isle.

Last edited:
Mythic Archon
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Edit: So after a few hiccups, I'm ingame. One thing OP should definitely add to his OP is that sometimes, the DungeonServer can cause the WorldServer to shut down. Happened to me on all occasions I've been booting the whole server up so far. Just starting the WorldServer afterward again is fine though. And how do I change the default spawn location? I'm spawning in Velika with a fresh char, not on Stepstone Isle.

world server will crash if topography server is not fully started

If you was read in other post what ppl write then you should know about that. I was making same mistake when i start with Tera, but now i don't."

And there is no chance that when you start with fresh clean account and new character you appear in Velika.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

I think CreateCharData.xml... It's at the bottom of the xml

Pos continent="5" pos="16260,1253,-4410" dist="100" dir="-18" /

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
And there is no chance that when you start with fresh clean account and new character you appear in Velika.

Except I did. I don't know of any teleportation or GM access yet, so I couldn't have jumped to that city on my own. Can show it later.

Edit: Another strange behavior occuring out of the blue now: The launcher won't show up anymore. The exe starts, I see a loading splash for a minute or two, then Tera Launcher appears in task manager with 5.8MB of RAM use but nothing else happens for at very least fifteen minutes. During the first time launching, the launcher showed up just a few seconds after clicking the exe. What's this about? I haven't touched the firewall, AV or anything else.
5JixjM - TERA 100.02 Server VM 16 - RaGEZONE Forums

Supposedly that's likely due to an IP change. For whatever unknown reason, the IP in the VM changed by a single digit from .128 to .129. I'll just extract it again, retrace the instructions and then make a snapshot of the thing. So in case Windumb borks something again, I can revert to the previous version in a matter of minutes.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
You need to start the servers in the order they are named and you have to do it after the previous one is finished loading and says "server ready" in the console window. If you just click on all of them immediately they will crash since other dependent ones havent loaded yet.

So far with shadows VM, the worldserver has not crashed a single time for me, everything essentially works perfectly.

Mythic Archon
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
@xspeedex every time when you run a new VM server even same on different name in VM

examople: the same server inside both VM

Tera_SV_1
Tera_SV_2

both of them have saame installed os and server files so:

Tera_SV_1 have IP 192.168.45.130
Tera_SV_2 will have IP 192.168.45.131

and if you will start same server but on different name like

Tera_SV_3 the server inside is same, still will get new IP and will get 192.168.45.132

because each of this is New machine it's like in LAN each new PC or Laptop and mobile device connected to that LAN will get new IP if IP is assign to one device mostly this device get same IP all the time.

any way here is a proof that is not possible that new Account with new character have some issue.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Weird, I didn't even get that intro movie. Then again, I also didn't create a new account (don't even know how just yet lol), I used the existing one. But that shouldn't matter. I've also checked the XML file and confirmed the zone and coords are the same as movethecoin posted.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Something important that should be done right after starting the VM: Change group policies to disable Windows Update as best you can so it can't mess at all with the VM. If you use Workstation Pro, make a snapshot too in case you need to revert.
shadow66 do you have the database login credentials somewhere? Before I extracted the VM again, my laragon had lost its database connection for some reason. Not sure how exactly, it just vanished at some point. Would be good to note them down in case they are needed. Also, are there any limitations for password and email? Or could I do "1" as password and b@c.com as email too?

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
Something important that should be done right after starting the VM: Change group policies to disable Windows Update as best you can so it can't mess at all with the VM. If you use Workstation Pro, make a snapshot too in case you need to revert.
@shadow66 do you have the database login credentials somewhere? Before I extracted the VM again, my laragon had lost its database connection for some reason. Not sure how exactly, it just vanished at some point. Would be good to note them down in case they are needed. Also, are there any limitations for password and email? Or could I do "1" as password and b@c.com as email too?

they were posted in an earlier post:

webapp: login: gadmin pass 111111111
webapi: login: imsadmin pass: password
BOX: login: boxadmin pass:password
Steer: login: steeradmin pass: password

SQL: sa / pass: U6SjJk3ZyQhrv5tq

MySQL: root / pass: 123456

Reaction score
Can you change the language of the game to French?

How to change the language to French (or English) of the WebShop_Admin_panel please?

PS Edit : I created a Discord server to make a complete tutorial translated into French (Textual with images, very complete) which helps a lot.

I made the credits that belong to you :

With your permission, I can place the Discord server link (Public Server) here.

Someone asked the same for KOR region support here, maybe replicating the config for French might work

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
Can you change the language of the game to French?

How to change the language to French (or English) of the WebShop_Admin_panel please?

PS Edit : I created a Discord server to make a complete tutorial translated into French (Textual with images, very complete) which helps a lot.

I made the credits that belong to you :

With your permission, I can place the Discord server link (Public Server) here.

You can change the webshop language in the api .env file.

Back