Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

TERA 100.02 Server VM 16

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
hi, can you help? when i open 8. wordl server, i get error ? ? ? ? ?, then the console crash.. Where can i go to read the log?

EDIT : Nvm, found the error.. sorry for the trouble! thanks alot!
Had the same issue, since this person did not share the solution I had to figure out myself

The VM comes with default settings 20gb of ram and 4 processors (4 cores 1 thread). Lowering the ram is recommended depending on your system (8gb for vm on 16gb PCs) but lowering the processor count will lead to world server crashing.

I tried 2 core 2 thread and world server crashed several times while hooking connections (probably related to arbiter server needing several threads?), while 4 cores and 1 thread had one crash and second attempt was successful. Couldn't try more cores as my system has only 4 processors but should help for no crashes.

Mythic Archon
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Had the same issue, since this person did not share the solution I had to figure out myself

The VM comes with default settings 20gb of ram and 4 processors (4 cores 1 thread). Lowering the ram is recommended depending on your system (8gb for vm on 16gb PCs) but lowering the processor count will lead to world server crashing.

I tried 2 core 2 thread and world server crashed several times while hooking connections (probably related to arbiter server needing several threads?), while 4 cores and 1 thread had one crash and second attempt was successful. Couldn't try more cores as my system has only 4 processors but should help for no crashes.

if world server crash then run different way

1) Laragon
2) TeraApi
3) Arb_gw
4) Arbiter
5) Topography <- if i good remember topo need 4+GB of ram :)
6) World server <- Need at list 13GB of ram :)

About Ram I have 32GB installed that's why ram is set to 20GB

About CPU this is how is set

2 CPU

And 2 Virtual

Desktop 22-09-2022 14-53-05-964 - TERA 100.02 Server VM 16 - RaGEZONE Forums

At last all gives 4 thread so for this is OK ((like for me i have no any issue with this) if you have a problem with this don't use it simple as f......))

Or if you are boring :D: you always can make own VM :dancemental:

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The VM is neat and works perfectly :thumbup1:, the issue lies on my end trying to boot this up with an underpowered rig

By the way once I logged in, the item names were missing, is that related to any of the servers?

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
The VM is neat and works perfectly :thumbup1:, the issue lies on my end trying to boot this up with an underpowered rig

By the way once I logged in, the item names were missing, is that related to any of the servers?

Item names / strings are handled by the client. What language version are you using? EUR or a different one?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm using the dressing room fix client provided on the first post (mediafire link), with the launcher included inside

Mythic Archon
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
I'm using the dressing room fix client provided on the first post (mediafire link), with the launcher included inside

i don't see any issue there with any name for the costume what is there, btw i use EN language so maybe in different language something are missing.

like the price is invisible and icon for Tcat currency.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
hi.. i was able to log into the launcher now. But, when I clicked the Play button, i got an error, it says Error 275 (2) : Tera.exe Execution Failed.. what might be the problem here? thanks in advance and thanks alot for this VM!

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
hi.. i was able to log into the launcher now. But, when I clicked the Play button, i got an error, it says Error 275 (2) : Tera.exe Execution Failed.. what might be the problem here? thanks in advance and thanks alot for this VM!

Do you have the Tera.exe in the binaries folder? and the launcher in the folder before that one?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Do you have the Tera.exe in the binaries folder? and the launcher in the folder before that one?

WOAH!! THANKS ALOT MAN!!! I put the launcher together with Tera.exe, I tried putting it in the folder before, now it is working perfectly!! THANKS ALOT MAN!! I REALLY APPRECIATE IT!! Been having trouble with this one for 1 month now.. and thanks alot to sir Shadow too for the amazing VM!

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Finally got around to set this thing up again. This time I made a snapshot after the basic configs. Started up processes 1 to 5 and tested the launcher with the correct IP added via resource hacker. Could confirm that the launcher opens, no more getting stuck in task manager hell. I'll report back when the rest is running and I've made a new account and character to see where I'll end up.

This is odd. A fresh account indeed spawns chars on Stepstone Isle as it should. When I made a new char on the existing account included with the VM though, I spawned in Velika.
shadow66 do you have a notes file from when you prepared the VM with info about changing rates, player damage, account access level, command access and such things? I've sifted through both the server folders and the database but couldn't find any hints of that. In RoM rates are stores in the DB, player damage is in the client source itself while in Black Desert, both of those are stored in text files.

EXP gain feels a tad too high. Killing one of them large level 2 trees suddenly yielded a crazy 477exp.

Last edited:
Mythic Archon
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Finally got around to set this thing up again. This time I made a snapshot after the basic configs. Started up processes 1 to 5 and tested the launcher with the correct IP added via resource hacker. Could confirm that the launcher opens, no more getting stuck in task manager hell. I'll report back when the rest is running and I've made a new account and character to see where I'll end up.

This is odd. A fresh account indeed spawns chars on Stepstone Isle as it should. When I made a new char on the existing account included with the VM though, I spawned in Velika.
@shadow66 do you have a notes file from when you prepared the VM with info about changing rates, player damage, account access level, command access and such things? I've sifted through both the server folders and the database but couldn't find any hints of that. In RoM rates are stores in the DB, player damage is in the client source itself while in Black Desert, both of those are stored in text files.

EXP gain feels a tad too high. Killing one of them large level 2 trees suddenly yielded a crazy 477exp.

look closer at worlddata on server side (but like i write on the first post i did not change any things on server side and client) but the problem is not only wit this (exe is different from this what it should be and I agree is to boost) another problem wit this is that till lv 50 or 60 exp what is needed for each lv is to low) if you will look in worlddata you will know what I mean

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
look closer at worlddata on server side (but like i write on the first post i did not change any things on server side and client) but the problem is not only wit this (exe is different from this what it should be and I agree is to boost) another problem wit this is that till lv 50 or 60 exp what is needed for each lv is to low) if you will look in worlddata you will know what I mean

That EXP amount needed is correct. Stepstone Island is a tutorial area, you are meant to be level 11 when you leave it to start the next story line which begins in a level 10-12 area. Once out of tutorial, you will be seeing a slower progress, however, things were streamlined in the live version so you actually level faster (they increased quest EXP rewards, and removed a lot of the side quests and story parts to get you to level 65-70 as soon a possible)

You can set / check rates in Worlddata.xml but those only apply to monster kills. If you want quests to give less exp you either increase EXP needed per level or you modify the quests to reward less.
100.02 is not the same as the "old school" a lot of things were cut and streamlined.

Mythic Archon
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
That EXP amount needed is correct. Stepstone Island is a tutorial area, you are meant to be level 11 when you leave it to start the next story line which begins in a level 10-12 area. Once out of tutorial, you will be seeing a slower progress, however, things were streamlined in the live version so you actually level faster (they increased quest EXP rewards, and removed a lot of the side quests and story parts to get you to level 65-70 as soon a possible)

You can set / check rates in Worlddata.xml but those only apply to monster kills. If you want quests to give less exp you either increase EXP needed per level or you modify the quests to reward less.
100.02 is not the same as the "old school" a lot of things were cut and streamlined.

to get you to level 65-70 as soon a possible

and at that point you are bit wrong because hit lv 70 after lv 65 it takes a time. best way is just edit needed exp for each lv second way is reduce boost.

And making changes in the quest it takes more time. Any way dziobus it is what it is :)

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
and at that point you are bit wrong because hit lv 70 after lv 65 it takes a time. best way is just edit needed exp for each lv second way is reduce boost.

And making changes in the quest it takes more time. Any way @dziobus it is what it is :)

The 65-70 EXP curve was made that way deliberately on cap raise. On average you will spend about 150h give or take to level from 65 to 70.
This is just arificially stretched because you have a ton of quests that give insane amounts of EXP, and the more you do them the more you unlock, and you can farm bams to get there. They simply wanted to stretch those 5 levels as opposed to keeping it in sync with the rest.

But yes, changing EXP requirements for each level would be to make it take longer is the easiest way however you need to watch out as there are things which are level dependant so if you do not reach that treshold you will be locked out of certain content until you do, which means you would reduce yourself to hours of pointless grind in a low mob area jsut to progress further.

I would love if the side quests gave exp that would make it better but thats so much quest changing and modifications x.x

Mythic Archon
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
I would love if the side quests gave exp that would make it better but thats so much quest changing and modifications x.x

yes i agree with that to give some amount of exp to side quest

Another one idea what i have is change some Dungeon Lv enter for Hard dungeon (because i increase Max Lv on my test server from max lv 70 to 110 at the moment so that's why i came with increase max minimum lv for some hard dungeon)

And this game will be long term play no only play with dressing room.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Thanks shadow66!
took a day of thinkering but got it all working.

the only problem i seem to be getting is characters don't login in the same position as they logout they all spawn back on starter island tangle point.
I can see in the TERA Admin tool that LastLogoutPos "Velika"

i am new to the game but doubt spawning back at starting point is normal ?
i tried on shadow acount and a fresh acount (added trough api panel)

Mythic Archon
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Thanks shadow66!
took a day of thinkering but got it all working.

the only problem i seem to be getting is characters don't login in the same position as they logout they all spawn back on starter island tangle point.
I can see in the TERA Admin tool that LastLogoutPos "Velika"

i am new to the game but doubt spawning back at starting point is normal ?
i tried on shadow acount and a fresh acount (added trough api panel)

this is happen if you don't wait till world server is not ready * server ready*

i notice that when i was not wait till world server is not ready. and when i did that my character appear in Velika

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
yes i agree with that to give some amount of exp to side quest

Another one idea what i have is change some Dungeon Lv enter for Hard dungeon (because i increase Max Lv on my test server from max lv 70 to 110 at the moment so that's why i came with increase max minimum lv for some hard dungeon)

And this game will be long term play no only play with dressing room.

Not sure if you checked but this would be where we add the EXP reward to the side quests right?

<Quest questId="721">
<Compensation compensationId="1">
<CompensationType type="normal" exp="0" gold="780000" itemBag="allpay" memo="" policyPoint="">
<Item templateId="94113" quantity="1" /><!--유물의 파편 I-->
<Item templateId="94116" quantity="1" /><!--유물의 조각 I-->
<Item templateId="98310" quantity="1" /><!--Lv.26 장비 교환 토큰-->
<Item templateId="6550" quantity="3" /><!--하급 HP 회복 포션-->
<Item templateId="6560" quantity="3" /><!--하급 MP 회복 포션-->
</CompensationType>
</Compensation>
</Quest>

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
yep it worked, restarted the vm and this time i waited until $ server ready $ passed on all systems .
though on the worldserver related ones it might be harder to see, since a lot of stuff happens after so need to scroll back up to see it

Mythic Archon
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Not sure if you checked but this would be where we add the EXP reward to the side quests right?

<Quest questId="721">
<Compensation compensationId="1">
<CompensationType type="normal" exp="0" gold="780000" itemBag="allpay" memo="" policyPoint="">
<Item templateId="94113" quantity="1" /><!--유물의 파편 I-->
<Item templateId="94116" quantity="1" /><!--유물의 조각 I-->
<Item templateId="98310" quantity="1" /><!--Lv.26 장비 교환 토큰-->
<Item templateId="6550" quantity="3" /><!--하급 HP 회복 포션-->
<Item templateId="6560" quantity="3" /><!--하급 MP 회복 포션-->
</CompensationType>
</Compensation>
</Quest>

i did not try jet this but I will look closer to that.

And dziobus some time ago you write something about castle or something like that, i was look on to that, and I might be wrong, but looks like some one remove that from planetdb_2800 on SQL server side. So we need look inside same DB in 92.03 SQL DB PlanetDB_2800

Back