Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

TERA 100.02 Server VM 16

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I'm sorry but I feel stupid. I've looked through WorldData.xml but I don't really understand how it works. Doesn't the game have two overarching EXP multipliers, one for quests and one for kills? I've known those from Runes, Aion, Black Desert, Forsaken World, WoW too. I thought BDO was an oddball because it uses Mongo but this is nuts.

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
i did not try jet this but I will look closer to that.

And dziobus some time ago you write something about castle or something like that, i was look on to that, and I might be wrong, but looks like some one remove that from planetdb_2800 on SQL server side. So we need look inside same DB in 92.03 SQL DB PlanetDB_2800

Yes but its not jsut that, you log in game and look, you can see the skycastles "base" / floor but all other textures are missing. This happened when the client was migrated from 32bit to 64bit. So it looks like they removed them from the textures aswel or from some sort of manifest that prevents them from loading.

I'm sorry but I feel stupid. I've looked through WorldData.xml but I don't really understand how it works. Doesn't the game have two overarching EXP multipliers, one for quests and one for kills? I've known those from Runes, Aion, Black Desert, Forsaken World, WoW too. I thought BDO was an oddball because it uses Mongo but this is nuts.

Each game has it different. I have not seen anywhere a quest multiplier itself. So very likely Tera does not have that and its only managed by hard numbers. Have you tried looking through the web app and see if there is any event for EXP that would include quests?

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Not yet, no. Haven't messed much with the website interface at all yet because I thought that server config was done through database or config files, not a web interface.

Reaction score
Yes but its not jsut that, you log in game and look, you can see the skycastles "base" / floor but all other textures are missing. This happened when the client was migrated from 32bit to 64bit. So it looks like they removed them from the textures aswel or from some sort of manifest that prevents them from loading.

I don't think they are removed, maybe some one just make them transparent thats why they look how they look to give ppl wrong way. i don't get jet how unpack textures and 3D models for this game. So if any one have some tools for that this will help a lot to figure out many other things.

And probably something is missing in the WorldData.xml

<WeakEnemy levelGap="1" expAdjust="0.0" goldBagAdjust="0.0" itemBagAdjust="0.0" />
<WeakEnemy levelGap="2" expAdjust="0.0" goldBagAdjust="0.0" itemBagAdjust="0.0" />
<WeakEnemy levelGap="3" expAdjust="0.0" goldBagAdjust="0.0" itemBagAdjust="0.0" />
<WeakEnemy levelGap="4" expAdjust="0.1" goldBagAdjust="0.1" itemBagAdjust="0.0" />
<WeakEnemy levelGap="5" expAdjust="0.2" goldBagAdjust="0.2" itemBagAdjust="0.0" />
<WeakEnemy levelGap="6" expAdjust="0.3" goldBagAdjust="0.3" itemBagAdjust="0.1" />

so if you will increase from expAdjust="0.0" to expAdjust="0.50" you will get less exp

yes I was asking my self how this is works if this works totally different way.

if you will set "0.999999" you will not get any exp from mob after kill

to increase and decrease exp rate all is here:

<WorldExpGainRatio applyExpGainRatio="false"> <!-- set to true and play with ratio -->
<level apply="true" min="1" max="10" ratio="1" />
<level apply="true" min="11" max="11" ratio="2" />
<level apply="true" min="12" max="12" ratio="2" />
<level apply="true" min="13" max="13" ratio="3" />
<level apply="true" min="14" max="14" ratio="4" />
<level apply="true" min="15" max="15" ratio="6" />
<level apply="true" min="16" max="16" ratio="7" />
<level apply="true" min="17" max="17" ratio="9" />
<level apply="true" min="18" max="18" ratio="10" />
<level apply="true" min="19" max="19" ratio="12" />
<level apply="true" min="20" max="20" ratio="13" />
<level apply="true" min="21" max="21" ratio="15" />
<level apply="true" min="22" max="22" ratio="16" />
<level apply="true" min="23" max="23" ratio="18" />
<level apply="true" min="24" max="24" ratio="19" />
<level apply="true" min="25" max="25" ratio="21" />
<level apply="true" min="26" max="26" ratio="22" />
<level apply="true" min="27" max="27" ratio="24" />
<level apply="true" min="28" max="28" ratio="27" />
<level apply="true" min="29" max="29" ratio="28" />
<level apply="true" min="30" max="30" ratio="30" />
<level apply="true" min="31" max="40" ratio="45" />
<level apply="true" min="41" max="50" ratio="60" />
<level apply="true" min="51" max="60" ratio="75" /> <!-- Most high exp ratio -->
<level apply="true" min="61" max="65" ratio="45" /> <!-- And on 61 - 65 exp ratio go down -->
<!-- also was missing line for exp ratio between 66 - 70 -->
<Level apply="true" min="66" max="70" ratio="80" />
</WorldExpGainRatio>

By the way i have a question how change max altitude ?

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Skimmed through the web admin interface too but other than on/off options, there's nothing that allows me to change the exp rate. Or any other rate for that matter.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
For some reason I cant use skills? NPC's cant use skills either, if I accidentally disabled skills, where do I re-enable them?

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
For some reason I cant use skills? NPC's cant use skills either, if I accidentally disabled skills, where do I re-enable them?

Did you start everything in order properly and waited that is says "server ready" before starting the next? Sounds like something is out of order.

Reaction score
Did you start everything in order properly and waited that is says "server ready" before starting the next? Sounds like something is out of order.

dziobus the order how all api are started is no matter.

you can start only 5 of them and all should works ok. but if some one mess around with the files not our problem

1:tera_api
2:arb_gw
3:arbiter
4:topography
5:workdserver

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
ah mate thanks for your reply! I just figured it out. I have to every time I log in, type in /@set_go on, then /@set_go off and my skills work. non-gm accounts dont have this problem so I just turned gm off for myself to not bother. But yeah everything is loaded and ready, I load every server one by one until it says its ready including the webapps.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
How do I change the language of the shop admin panel? It's entirely in russian and therefore impossible to navigate. Why wasn't it left in English (a language anyone can understand) to begin with?

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
How do I change the language of the shop admin panel? It's entirely in russian and therefore impossible to navigate. Why wasn't it left in English (a language anyone can understand) to begin with?

Navigate to the Tera-api folder. In the.env file you can change the language from ru to en.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Perfect, thanks. Found two instances of language lines there and changed both from russian to english. No idea what the guy at Bluehole was smoking when he thought "oh, let's name this interface WebShop instead of API Admin" though. Found the "privilege" line too. It's in the account overview when picking one from the Accounts category on the left of that web interface. Set the value to 31 but didn't click "Set GM".

Edit: This release and likely the original leak too has one glaring issue with experience gain. Killing mobs yields absolutely absurd amounts of experience:
MWQ5w0Y - TERA 100.02 Server VM 16 - RaGEZONE Forums

Changing the ratios down to 1 in WorldData and enabling ExpGainRatio by setting it to true doesn't have any effect because without the Tera PC cafe bonus, it's still a huge amount:
IJNwgyE - TERA 100.02 Server VM 16 - RaGEZONE Forums

according to dziobus, it's related to the game itself speeding up the leveling process to 70 but this is not normal by any means.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
for some reason, I cant go above level 65? Wasnt the level cap raised to 70 back in patch like 86? There is a level 70 character in the database, but I cant go above 65 via any method including commands. Is there a quest or something I need to complete?

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
for some reason, I cant go above level 65? Wasnt the level cap raised to 70 back in patch like 86? There is a level 70 character in the database, but I cant go above 65 via any method including commands. Is there a quest or something I need to complete?

Ugh its been a while....did you complete the apex quest? Try doing that one first. I believe that is the one limiting you.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ugh its been a while....did you complete the apex quest? Try doing that one first. I believe that is the one limiting you.

I completed the apex quest. I have no purple [important] quests, and I did the yellow side-quests in Tria just incase.
I tried to insert an image of my quest thing dunno if worked?
shadow66 - TERA 100.02 Server VM 16 - RaGEZONE Forums

shadow66 - TERA 100.02 Server VM 16 - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
I completed the apex quest. I have no purple [important] quests, and I did the yellow side-quests in Tria just incase.
I tried to insert an image of my quest thing dunno if worked?

Odd, Do you have a quest called Fresh arms and legs? Check the map aswel. It is a quest that gives you 65 gear if I aint mistaking.
You also downlaoded the client from the l;ink right? You didnt make any changes?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I didnt make any changes, and I do not recall having seen such a quest. The only exclamation marks I can see on the map are 2 red event quests

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
After a little bit of fiddling, managed to enable dreadspire and everything seems to work. The only thing I need to change still is the requirement to enter without a party but for the rest all works.

Fixed also the kelsaik raid teleports and enabled a few dungeons that were missing (at least for me):
- antaroth's Abyss Normal and 7-man
- Labyrinth of Terror Hard
- Balders Temple Hard and Solo (were enabled but teleport did not work)

Reaction score
After a little bit of fiddling, managed to enable dreadspire and everything seems to work. The only thing I need to change still is the requirement to enter without a party but for the rest all works.

Fixed also the kelsaik raid teleports and enabled a few dungeons that were missing (at least for me):
- antaroth's Abyss Normal and 7-man
- Labyrinth of Terror Hard
- Balders Temple Hard and Solo (were enabled but teleport did not work)

good :) are you will share what and where?

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
good :) are you will share what and where?

Yes, had to first tripple check everything is working. Here is the link:

Changelog:

- Enabled Dreadspire [9034], Dreadspire Upper [9885] floors and the Updated Dreadspire [9886]
- Enabled / fixed Teleport options to Balder's Temple Hard, Balder's Temple(Solo) and Labyrinth of Terror Hard
- Enabled Antaroth's Abyss Normal and 7-man versions
- Fixed Kelsaik's 10/20 man Raid Teleport options and added missing area data to the client.
- Added missing Area Data to Client for Kelsaik's Nest Hard

The already packed DC included in the link has additional changes:
- Adding 25 tikats to Side Quests (not all. its still Work in progrss. If you use this DC you will see the tikat reward but you will not actually get the tikats)
- Some text/ spelling fixes and a Few Boxes that are named "dummyBox[number] have a proper name added.
- Some corrections for Azart Hatchery
(For both the above I will release a complete set once everything is done for both client and server)

!!!!! - NOTE - !!!!!
Remember to always make a backup of the files so you can revert back in case something doesnt work.

<<<UPDATE>>>
Seems to crash the client after floor 3 at least for me. Let me know if you also experience a crash.

Last edited:
Back