Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

TERA 100.02 Server VM 16

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
PVP servers in tera worked with use of outlaw declaration. If the server is set to PVP, you use the skill and you can PVP anywhere outside cities as far as I remember.

by free and open pvp I meant for it to be allowed in all areas outside cities/camps (no seirans protection outside settlements or whatever it was called), and be always on without the use of a skill. Plus, the skill is only available after 65 anyway. Instead, I'd like to remove the level limit and change the skill to the opposite effect (grant seirans protection to the specific player).

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
by free and open pvp I meant for it to be allowed in all areas outside cities/camps (no seirans protection outside settlements or whatever it was called), and be always on without the use of a skill. Plus, the skill is only available after 65 anyway. Instead, I'd like to remove the level limit and change the skill to the opposite effect (grant seirans protection to the specific player).

Replacing the skill is not hard, you would need to replace the id with the other abnormality id when you find them in the coresponding skill xml files.
It will probably be in a general skill file or for each class.

As for the permanent PVP, idk how its set up you would have to check the areas that are excluded in the files, if they have a fixed abnormality id/buff assigned to them, then if you remove it, they should be no safe zones anymore.

To have PVP fully active....ugh you might need to check if the zones / areas have a PVP setting, if not you might have to reverse engineer it and simply make it so that the PVP buff is always applied everywhere. (similar to how the protection one right now is set in cities)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Replacing the skill is not hard, you would need to replace the id with the other abnormality id when you find them in the coresponding skill xml files.
It will probably be in a general skill file or for each class.

As for the permanent PVP, idk how its set up you would have to check the areas that are excluded in the files, if they have a fixed abnormality id/buff assigned to them, then if you remove it, they should be no safe zones anymore.

To have PVP fully active....ugh you might need to check if the zones / areas have a PVP setting, if not you might have to reverse engineer it and simply make it so that the PVP buff is always applied everywhere. (similar to how the protection one right now is set in cities)

how do I edit xml files? If I just edit them in notepad/wordpad the server cant read them. Also, got any ideas about the whiting thing on the splash screen?

Last edited:
Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
how do I edit xml files? If I just edit them in notepad/wordpad the server cant read them. Also, got any ideas about the whiting thing on the splash screen?

I use notepad++
But you still have to be careful and make sure all statements are corerctly made . Any character that is wrong will break the file and make the coresponding server not start when it validates data sheets.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I use notepad++
But you still have to be careful and make sure all statements are corerctly made . Any character that is wrong will break the file and make the coresponding server not start when it validates data sheets.

notepad++ does indeed work, any ideas at all about the whiting effect on the splash screen?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
What do you mean exactly? Because I do not understand what you mean with whiting effect. Can you post a picture?

The game applies a white something over the splash. Here, a video:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Use Photoshop and save as 32bit...

Ex.:

This was created with PS and saved as 32 bit

I moved the image around and noticed that you can see a black image behind the splash screen, and anything INSIDE this black pattern is not white-filtered. If I remove the splash images, the black image doesnt show up, and this black image is NOT a part of the splash image.

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello ! Thank you shadow for this amazing build !! :)

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

the server started up like normal, the account is being created.When you click "Enter the server" the game freezes for 5-10 seconds and nothing happens, when you click refresh the server disappears from the list

And i have this error on LogServer

shadow66 - TERA 100.02 Server VM 16 - RaGEZONE Forums

Last edited:
Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
the server started up like normal, the account is being created.When you click "Enter the server" the game freezes for 5-10 seconds and nothing happens, when you click refresh the server disappears from the list

You do not need to start the logserver, Are you using the server proxy? Are you waiting till all services say "Server Ready" before you start the next one?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
No proxy,i start server on my Dedicated server machine on lan.
For example,hub server
D:\TERA_SERVER\hub>hub.exe --config_file=config_hub.txt
[2023/01/29 10:01:24.685] build : Jan 17 2012, 20:43:49
[2023/01/29 10:01:24.751] Acceptor::Bind at 11001 Socket 14f350 f4
does not display "Server Ready"

P.S I understand. I'm sitting waiting) It would be necessary to create a program in C #, which itself will run everything in turn, waiting for this line)

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

You dont need the logserver, as for the server disappearing, I'd make sure the proxy is started and all servers have said server ready. If all servers are ready and proxy is started, then you have my case, and you might need to use something like Radmin VPN or Hamachi.

For example,hub server

P.S I understand. I'm sitting waiting) It would be necessary to create a program in C #, which itself will run everything in turn, waiting for this line)

sorry saw this a lil late. Hub server doesn't say ready, its fine. You probably still need the proxy.

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
For example,hub server

it will not say "ready" on all of them, thats normal. It is important that it says "Server REady" before you start the next one on Arbiter, Topography, World, Dungeon servers.
If you are waiting and they all say ready before you start the next, try disabling the windows defender firewall on teh VM first and see if that works, else there might be some port not letting you through to the game server.,

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
How do I change the name of the server or make it show my server name instead of 'Invincible' which was the old name? It's changed in the server-info but not on the admin panel.

Reaction score
How do I change the name of the server or make it show my server name instead of 'Invincible' which was the old name? It's changed in the server-info but not on the admin panel.

From the WebApp (DB) > ServerList Table > ServerName,

Keep in mind this only change the server name in the WebApp, but if you want is change the server name for the server list ingame, that's from the API (where you took the first pic)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I want to know how to change the NPC conversation language.Even if I change the file, the NPC speaks in English.

Last edited:
Back