TERA 100.02 Server VM 16

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10121314151617181920
    MemberRank
    Apr 2022 Join Date
    424Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by potatocarrot View Post
    I guess nobody knows how to enable free pvp everywhere, okay, how about removing the stupid white filter thing from the splash screen? I got a mega cute splash screen and the game puts this white filter over it, how can I remove it? I browsed nearly every config file I could find! (client)
    PVP servers in tera worked with use of outlaw declaration. If the server is set to PVP, you use the skill and you can PVP anywhere outside cities as far as I remember.

MemberRank
    Jul 2022 Join Date
    55Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by voxelkitten View Post
    It simply runs for a second or two then just closes immediately.
    Solved. I did a fresh reinstall and only ran the files under TERA_SERVER and the others after. Thanks for uploading this!

MemberRank
    Sep 2022 Join Date
    CanadaLocation
    21Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dziobus View Post
    PVP servers in tera worked with use of outlaw declaration. If the server is set to PVP, you use the skill and you can PVP anywhere outside cities as far as I remember.
    by free and open pvp I meant for it to be allowed in all areas outside cities/camps (no seirans protection outside settlements or whatever it was called), and be always on without the use of a skill. Plus, the skill is only available after 65 anyway. Instead, I'd like to remove the level limit and change the skill to the opposite effect (grant seirans protection to the specific player).

MemberRank
    Apr 2022 Join Date
    424Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by potatocarrot View Post
    by free and open pvp I meant for it to be allowed in all areas outside cities/camps (no seirans protection outside settlements or whatever it was called), and be always on without the use of a skill. Plus, the skill is only available after 65 anyway. Instead, I'd like to remove the level limit and change the skill to the opposite effect (grant seirans protection to the specific player).
    Replacing the skill is not hard, you would need to replace the id with the other abnormality id when you find them in the coresponding skill xml files.
    It will probably be in a general skill file or for each class.

As for the permanent PVP, idk how its set up you would have to check the areas that are excluded in the files, if they have a fixed abnormality id/buff assigned to them, then if you remove it, they should be no safe zones anymore.

To have PVP fully active....ugh you might need to check if the zones / areas have a PVP setting, if not you might have to reverse engineer it and simply make it so that the PVP buff is always applied everywhere. (similar to how the protection one right now is set in cities)

MemberRank
    Sep 2022 Join Date
    CanadaLocation
    21Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dziobus View Post
    Replacing the skill is not hard, you would need to replace the id with the other abnormality id when you find them in the coresponding skill xml files.
    It will probably be in a general skill file or for each class.

As for the permanent PVP, idk how its set up you would have to check the areas that are excluded in the files, if they have a fixed abnormality id/buff assigned to them, then if you remove it, they should be no safe zones anymore.

To have PVP fully active....ugh you might need to check if the zones / areas have a PVP setting, if not you might have to reverse engineer it and simply make it so that the PVP buff is always applied everywhere. (similar to how the protection one right now is set in cities)
    how do I edit xml files? If I just edit them in notepad/wordpad the server cant read them. Also, got any ideas about the whiting thing on the splash screen?
    Last edited by potatocarrot; 4 Hours Ago at 09:46 PM.

MemberRank
    Jul 2022 Join Date
    55Posts
    solved
    Last edited by voxelkitten; 3 Hours Ago at 11:05 PM.

Advertisement