Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

TERA API (node.js), Shop and Launcher with Client Patcher

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Try downloading dependencies for the launcher & game.

Download .NET:

Download C++ Redistributable:
Download .NET Core 3.1:

Can also try using Xigncode Bypass so that it does not load.

Before switching to the new API Launcher worked and I was able to connect to the game and play, so I guess I have all dependiencies that launcher needs.

TERA Foundation
Reaction score
My question is how do you set a stop so that it does not continue to download? Setting API_PORTAL_CLIENT_PATCH_NO_CHECK=true works but then the client cannot be updated.

Try to delete check.db and local.db in the game folder.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
As a test said:
I tried another test by deleting a lesser file in a localization folder. The launcher repair caught that the file was missing and downloaded it again.

I tried the datacenter test again by deleting it from the client and starting a repair. It still did not recognize the file was missing and did not download it again.

Is this because I was playing around with the datacenter ending on the server side?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi, I still cant figure this out, the new launcher simply wont launch the game:

With original Launcher and original grails API everything worked just fine.

Client patching works fine.

1e5efeb228775ffcdc9d4d1d8690ed01 - TERA API (node.js), Shop and Launcher with Client Patcher - RaGEZONE Forums
76b00d3ce421a5906d131e96748543b4 - TERA API (node.js), Shop and Launcher with Client Patcher - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi, I still cant figure this out, the new launcher simply wont launch the game:

With original Launcher and original grails API everything worked just fine.

Client patching works fine.

76b00d3ce421a5906d131e96748543b4 - TERA API (node.js), Shop and Launcher with Client Patcher - RaGEZONE Forums

I believe this is the same error that I had when the datacenter region in the client did not match the region of the .env file.

e.g. your .env "API_PORTAL_CLIENT_DEFAULT_REGION=TW", and your datacenter file should be titled "DataCenter_Final_TW.dat"
Or whatever you region is, EUR, RUS, TW.

Attachments

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I believe this is the same error that I had when the datacenter region in the client did not match the region of the .env file.

e.g. your .env "API_PORTAL_CLIENT_DEFAULT_REGION=TW", and your datacenter file should be titled "DataCenter_Final_TW.dat"
Or whatever you region is, EUR, RUS, TW.

OMG, you are a life savior :) Thanks that was really it!

Just one more question, what is the correct procedure when creating a patch, should I just replace all the .cab files in /patch or should I delete them all first and then put there the new ones ? In regards to db files I guess I should keep all of them in /db folder right ?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
OMG, you are a life savior :) Thanks that was really it!

Just one more question, what is the correct procedure when creating a patch, should I just replace all the .cab files in /patch or should I delete them all first and then put there the new ones ? In regards to db files I guess I should keep all of them in /db folder right ?

As the author stated, whenever you change a file, just run app.bat again and it will only redo the cab that had changes. Don't delete any of the cab files or any files that app.bat made from your INITIAL run.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yes I know that I should not delete any files from the working directory that is generated by the app, but what about when I am uploading those files to the server ? I guess I have to remove them all and copy again from the working directory. Unfortunately this takes hours :D

TERA Foundation
Reaction score
The storage is incremental, so deleting files is not required. If you change any file, just run the app.bat again, the utility will find the changes, pack the changed file and add it to the database.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yes I know that I should not delete any files from the working directory that is generated by the app, but what about when I am uploading those files to the server ? I guess I have to remove them all and copy again from the working directory. Unfortunately this takes hours :D

Not quite sure what you are trying to accomplish by not having the files on the server itself?
I used the following directories as hsdn instructed:

You can place files into /tera-api/public/patch folder.

Client update files structure:

• /tera-api/public/patch/patch/ - game client packed files (like the 1-100.cab, 1-101.cab, etc.).
  • /tera-api/public/patch/db/ - update database files (like the server.db.1.cab).
  • /tera-api/public/patch/version.ini - generated by packer version.ini placed here.

Launcher update files structure:

• /tera-api/public/patch/launcher_update/ - updates for launcher (files like LauncherInstaller_1.0.1.52.exe, created by Inno Setup script).
  • /tera-api/public/patch/launcher_info.ini - information file of launcher update version (edit manually).

You want to point your config.js in your tera-client-packer-master directory to the above directories. That way you do not do any manual copying of files. After this is done, when you make changes to any files in the "clientdirectory" all you have to do is run the app.bat again. Hope this helps.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Is there any list of files I should remove from client before packing ? Something went wrong for me. When I press update it start donwloading and unpacking the same files indefinitely. Last time I left it and it ran over 10000 cycles of updating this same file.

de4b48679e74f65ed9679308a9c279f7 - TERA API (node.js), Shop and Launcher with Client Patcher - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

TERA Foundation
Reaction score
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Invalid version.ini ?
Code: 500000

[Download]
Retry=3
Wait=1000
Version=0
DL root=patch
DB file=db/server.db.0.cab

[CheckHash]
count=0
hash=d41d8cd98f00b204e9800998ecf8427e
signature=4bcd3c28f0b535df1b844defe5e547692b128ef2195d1ada38ed4b8cc9bc21c7d5a220c1e92a678a8659afc4d6cf709c186d60de6ff888867d7f75967a80f37098a94f9106e11637e74ebca1cd71144c153f26799b1b35cedab70ff105dfe1c0fe8516ccefc304ff1012a8e69fcddf5909c0a30c1ba98da1c3ff7a88966b6335
file0=Binaries\TERA.exe
value0=32f81770ad8d6e58d9ed5ebb952e8298

No local.db or version.ini in the game folder.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Was working with Chinese VM & client on v100.02 and found that the patcher would continually download the following files:

From the Engine/Localization directory:

All of the Properties.CHN, .CZE, etc. files
IpDrv.jpn

But I believe more importantly from CookedPC directory:
9dc1ecae_145.gpk
UITextures000.tfc

Deleted these from client and repacked and everything worked fine, but is this .gpk file crucial?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Was working with Chinese VM & client on v100.02 and found that the patcher would continually download the following files:

From the Engine/Localization directory:

All of the Properties.CHN, .CZE, etc. files
IpDrv.jpn

But I believe more importantly from CookedPC directory:
9dc1ecae_145.gpk
UITextures000.tfc

Deleted these from client and repacked and everything worked fine, but is this .gpk file crucial?

Having the same issue. It keeps looping between S1Game/Localization to Engine/Localization infinite downloads

Ok after several tests, anything that's "empty" or "0kb", seems to get stuck in a loop.

THis is how i managed to fix it:

Engine/Localization : Delete everything in there

S1Game/Localization : I deleted everything but the EUR folder (we're only going to be using the EUR datacenter)

Run app.bat again
Also delete these in your local client as well as the launcher will not remove them

S1Game/CookedPC/UITextures000.tfc The launcher REFUSED to download this, stuck in a loop of repeated download/unpacking over and over again. This is a 0kb file, so I sent this to the two people that are playing on my server and had them delete the folders above and put UITextures000.tfc in the S1Game/CookedPC directory and delete their local.db and have the launcher repair

This managed to get them into my server.
Hope this helps and hope this helps @hsdn figure out what's going on as this launcher is amazing and I cannot thank enough for it.

TERA Foundation
Reaction score
Hope this helps and hope this helps @hsdn figure out what's going on as this launcher is amazing and I cannot thank enough for it.

I think it's an elzma problem. It incorrectly packs 0 Kb files. We will try to fix it soon.
There was no such problem in 92.03, only one file had 0 Kb, which is not required.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I think it's an elzma problem. It incorrectly packs 0 Kb files. We will try to fix it soon.
There was no such problem in 92.03, only one file had 0 Kb, which is not required.

Great! Hope my information helps track down the error. You've created something great here and I cannot thank you enough for it.

TERA Foundation
Reaction score
Is there any hope for holding the patch folder somewhere on a webhosting? Something like

Yes. You can change parameter like that:
Code:
API_PORTAL_CLIENT_PATCH_URL=http://example.com/patch

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Having the same issue. It keeps looping between S1Game/Localization to Engine/Localization infinite downloads

Ok after several tests, anything that's "empty" or "0kb", seems to get stuck in a loop.

THis is how i managed to fix it:

Engine/Localization : Delete everything in there

S1Game/Localization : I deleted everything but the EUR folder (we're only going to be using the EUR datacenter)

Run app.bat again
Also delete these in your local client as well as the launcher will not remove them

S1Game/CookedPC/UITextures000.tfc The launcher REFUSED to download this, stuck in a loop of repeated download/unpacking over and over again. This is a 0kb file, so I sent this to the two people that are playing on my server and had them delete the folders above and put UITextures000.tfc in the S1Game/CookedPC directory and delete their local.db and have the launcher repair

This managed to get them into my server.

That is how I fixed it as well.

But, you didn't have a problem with the 9dc1ecae_145.gpk file?

Back