Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

TERA API (node.js), Shop and Launcher with Client Patcher

TERA Foundation
Reaction score
Thank you now Shop has appeared successfully, but there is no traditional Chinese UI,
I have create the file tw.json in tera-api\src\locales\shop directory ( just copy en.json to tw.json),
And selected the third language option in launcher.exe

Translation of UI and category names into Taiwanese/Chinese is not included in the release, you need to translate yourself.
Also you can contact with fitnessguy0 he already did it.

Don't forget to add "tw" to the file tera-api\config\admin.js so that the Admin Panel will be able to specify the translation for products and categories.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Translation of UI and category names into Taiwanese/Chinese is not included in the release, you need to translate yourself.
Also you can contact with @fitnessguy0 he already did it.

Don't forget to add "tw" to the file tera-api\config\admin.js so that the Admin Panel will be able to specify the translation for products and categories.

OK thanks, I set it like this:
shopLocales: [
"en",
"ru",
"tw"
]

Also would like to ask which file should I go to for UI translation? Thanks

TERA Foundation
Reaction score
Also would like to ask which file should I go to for UI translation? Thanks

The files tera-api\src\locales\shop\tw.json for the shop and tera-api\src\locales\launcher\tw.json for the launcher.
And the shop categories are translated through the Admin Panel (in the Shop->Categories section).

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The files tera-api\src\locales\shop\tw.json for the shop and tera-api\src\locales\launcher\tw.json for the launcher.
And the shop categories are translated through the Admin Panel (in the Shop->Categories section).

Would like to ask (in the Shop->Categories section),"Add Shop Cetegory" ->"Category Title" is not available in traditional Chinese, how can I add it?

And I originally used port 80 in IIS for WEBAPP, but now TERA-API runs on port 80, how can I use it now? Thank you

Last edited:
TERA Foundation
Reaction score
Would like to ask (in the Shop->Categories section),"Add Shop Cetegory" ->"Category Title" is not available in traditional Chinese, how can I add it?
You need restart TeraAPI after adding locale to tera-api\config\admin.js.

And I originally used port 80 in IIS for WEBAPP, but now TERA-API runs on port 80, how can I use it now? Thank you

Just change port in IIS.

I will also note that if you want to display shop items in the Admin Panel in Chinese:
1. Copy the file tera-api\src\locales\admin\en.json to tera-api\src\locales\admin\tw.json.
2. Set the ADMIN_PANEL_LOCALE parameter as tw in your .env.
3. Extract this datasheets to directory tera-api\data\datasheets.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Just change port in IIS.

I will also note that if you want to display shop items in the Admin Panel in Chinese:
1. Copy the file tera-api\src\locales\admin\en.json to tera-api\src\locales\admin\tw.json.

Thank you, I originally changed it to port 87, and I can change it to something else.. Sorry for asking such a stupid question

Just change port in IIS.

Thanks but these 3 steps i have done and it doesn't show the name of tw.
HCfCeIq - TERA API (node.js), Shop and Launcher with Client Patcher - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
TERA Foundation
Reaction score
Thanks but these 3 steps i have done and it doesn't show the name of tw.
HCfCeIq - TERA API (node.js), Shop and Launcher with Client Patcher - RaGEZONE Forums
These are the items that do not have a name in TW. I talked about it here:
But I notices you that not all items added to the Shop based on the sample database will have names in TW/CN, because they were added from EUR DC.

Attachments

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
These are the items that do not have a name in TW. I talked about it here:
understood,
1. But if I have the Chinese names and corresponding codes of those items, is there a quick way to add them?
2. Excuse me.. how to get/send coins for shop?
Thank you very much for answering my so many questions!

Last edited:
Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
So, I have updated api and everything but when I open the shop it just shows a white blank page.
Did I miss anything?
I configured the shop url in arb_gw server and I uncommented the shop line in deploymentConfig.

TERA Foundation
Reaction score
understood,
1. But if I have the Chinese names and corresponding codes of those items, is there a quick way to add them?
2. Excuse me.. how to get/send coins for shop?
1. We used special scripts to add items, but I don't publish them here because of the difficulties in using them. Perhaps in the future this tools will be available to everyone.

2. You can use a promo code, or develop your website with billing, and update the shop account by calling the Gateway API endpoint /shopApi/FundByUserNo or by directly updating the values in the database.

I suddenly found that if I can't display PLAY using TW (but I can click to it), how can I solve it? thanks
Copy the file tera-api\public\launcher\css\buttons-en.css as tera-api\public\launcher\css\buttons-tw.css.
You can edit the file buttons-tw.css to specify the TW buttons to be placed in the directory tera-api\public\launcher\images\tw.
TW buttons can be downloaded here

So, I have updated api and everything but when I open the shop it just shows a white blank page.
Did I miss anything?
I configured the shop url in arb_gw server and I uncommented the shop line in deploymentConfig.

Not, you need comment or remove the Shop line from DeploymentConfig.xml, to make the server use value from arb_gw instead.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
1. We used special scripts to add items, but I don't publish them here because of the difficulties in using them. Perhaps in the future this tools will be available to everyone.

2. You can use a promo code, or develop your website with billing, and update the shop account by calling the Gateway API endpoint /shopApi/FundByUserNo or by directly updating the values in the database.

Copy the file tera-api\public\launcher\css\buttons-en.css as tera-api\public\launcher\css\buttons-tw.css.
You can edit the file buttons-tw.css to specify the TW buttons to be placed in the directory tera-api\public\launcher\images\tw.
TW buttons can be downloaded here

Not, you need comment or remove the Shop line from DeploymentConfig.xml, to make the server use value from arb_gw instead.

I want to buy Shop Coins with in-game currency, is it possible? Thanks

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello im trying the packer, but i have some issues , any help with this ? thanks
https://imgur.com/byUpOKo

Attachments

TERA Foundation
Reaction score
I want to buy Shop Coins with in-game currency, is it possible? Thanks
Yes, you can use chrono scroll items, configured in the file tera-api/config/chronoScroll.js, like that:
Code:
	215300: [[Shop, { fund: [100] }]],
For example, you can add item id 215300, when using it in the game, 100 coins will be funded to the shop account.

Hello im trying the packer, but i have some issues , any help with this ? thanks
https://imgur.com/byUpOKo

You didn't run the npm install command in the tera-client-packer's directory.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yes, you can use chrono scroll items, configured in the file tera-api/config/chronoScroll.js, like that:
Code:
    215300: [[Shop, { fund: [100] }]],
For example, you can add item id 215300, when using it in the game, 100 coins will be funded to the shop account.

You didn't run the npm install command in the tera-client-packer's directory.

If I want to buy in npc mall, first in Below <List id="16067"> in BuyList.xml,Add <Item priceRevision="1" itemId=" 215300" /> ,Then where do I go to set the price? And what else do I need to do? Thanks

2.I unpacked the client DC using the novadrop-dc tool,
But How to use novadrop-dc tool to repack the client DC? Thanks

TERA Foundation
Reaction score
If I want to buy in npc mall, first in Below <List id="16067"> in BuyList.xml,Add <Item priceRevision="1" itemId=" 215300" /> ,Then where do I go to set the price? And what else do I need to do? Thanks

2.I unpacked the client DC using the novadrop-dc tool,
But How to use novadrop-dc tool to repack the client DC? Thanks

1. About merchants settings (server side):
  • BuyMenuList.xml - Categories tabs of buy menus (menu by right-click on an item, or a merchant).
  • BuyList.xml - Items and prices in buy menus categories (if "NeedMedalItemId" is specified, needs check ItemMedalExchange.xml file).
  • BuyMenuData.xml - Categories and items of buy menus for NPCs, event merchants etc. ("BuyMenu id=" is a dialog id from VillagerMenu.xml file).
  • ItemMedalExchange.xml - Price of items purchased for tokens.
  • ItemConversion.xml - Items when opening chests (right-click conversion of one item to another).
The price settings for regular merchant's items you can set in ItemTemplate*.xml on the buyPrice and sellPrice attributes.

2. Use this version of novadrop-dc: .
For unpack DC run .bat file, like dec_EUR.bat, for pack DC run the enc_EUR.bat.
If you need to repack TW DC, copy and edit the .bat files and edit by replacing EUR with TW.

Commands needed to repack TW DC 100.02 (used in .bat files):

Unpack DataCenter_Final_TW.dat to DataCenter_Final_TW folder
Code:
novadrop-dc\novadrop-dc unpack --decryption-key 1C01C904FF76FF06C211187E197B5716 --decryption-iv 396C342C52A0C12D511DD0209F90CA7D DataCenter_Final_TW.dat DataCenter_Final_TW
Pack DataCenter_Final_TW folder to DataCenter_Final_TW_2.dat
Code:
novadrop-dc\novadrop-dc pack --encryption-key 1C01C904FF76FF06C211187E197B5716 --encryption-iv 396C342C52A0C12D511DD0209F90CA7D DataCenter_Final_TW DataCenter_Final_TW_2.dat

Also, before packing, you can check your DataCenter_Final_TW folder for errors with the command:
Code:
novadrop-dc\novadrop-dc validate DataCenter_Final_TW

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
first step is set this file D:\tera\tera-api\config\admin to like this first,,

shopLocales: [
"tw",
"en"

and then change this file D:\tera\tera-api\.env, like this

API_PORTAL_CLIENT_DEFAULT_REGION=TW

ADMIN_PANEL_LOCALE=tw

before u change those files above,,u must create tw.json this file into 3 folders below,,
1,D:\tera\tera-api\src\locales\launcher
2,D:\tera\tera-api\src\locales\admin
3,D:\tera\tera-api\src\locales\shop

and last, open the ADMIN PANEL's categroies,,re-enter the Chinese name inside categroy title...

hopelly,,it can help!

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
now, I have another problem...

I can't open the Home page inside in-game shop...whats my problem?

every time I clicked the HOME button, the API shows me some errors...

only I click promo code at the top the category...it works and show normal...

hsdn - TERA API (node.js), Shop and Launcher with Client Patcher - RaGEZONE Forums
hsdn - TERA API (node.js), Shop and Launcher with Client Patcher - RaGEZONE Forums

TERA Foundation
Reaction score
@fitnessguy0 Probably, at the time of entering the game, you had the Tera API process closed, because of which the value in the lastLoginServer field was not set, which is necessary for the correct display of the server name on the welcome page of the shop. Try to close tera client and enter the game again.

Also, this problem can be if you specified a non-existent/incorrect Server ID in the servers list.
This is important, if your server has an ID of 2800, you must specify 2800 as the ID in the Server List in the Admin Panel.

Delete your server and add it again with ID 2800.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks for hsdn's nice, api just works fine. By the way, anyone has ideas how to make auto selling in the trade, i compare a sold item, and make the same change in the TradeBrokerItems database, but noting happens.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Problem has been fixed.

Please download update and completely replace the src\controllers directory.

The total/now fields show the progress of downloading updates/installing the game client, if you have the automatic client update feature enabled.
Thank you very much.Everything works fine after using the new API.I will continue to give feedback if I encounter errors.:thumbup1:
I take the liberty to ask.Is it possible to add the ability to buy plural when purchasing certain items?
This becomes troublesome when I need to buy a unit quantity of an item.
I tried to change it to plural using the admin panel, but it didn't work.
This feature can be useful when certain items cannot be purchased in the plural.
Just a personal suggestion. If it's a hassle, please ignore my advice

Last edited:
Back