Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

TERA API (node.js), Shop and Launcher with Client Patcher

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Do I need to set up QA in Account DB and then start the server?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Any idea on how to stop the cannot access launcher exe
hsdn - TERA API (node.js), Shop and Launcher with Client Patcher - RaGEZONE Forums

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
after updated this API with launcher...is it supports auto update function?

if yes..which files would receive update mention?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
[2022-07-20 16:29:10.392] info: Log file: C:\tera-api\logs\log_2022-07-20_16-29-10_6504.log
[2022-07-20 16:29:11.027] info: Portal API is listening at: *:80
[2022-07-20 16:29:11.028] info: Arbiter API is listening at: 127.0.0.1:8080
[2022-07-20 16:29:11.056] error: Report database connection error: Access denied for user ''@'localhost' to database 'accountdb'

Please help me

Reaction score
[2022-07-20 16:29:10.392] info: Log file: C:\tera-api\logs\log_2022-07-20_16-29-10_6504.log
[2022-07-20 16:29:11.027] info: Portal API is listening at: *:80
[2022-07-20 16:29:11.028] info: Arbiter API is listening at: 127.0.0.1:8080
[2022-07-20 16:29:11.056] error: Report database connection error: Access denied for user ''@'localhost' to database 'accountdb'

Please help me

Remember to change the mysql user & password in the .env file

TERA Foundation
Reaction score
New API update has been released! Tera Shop + Admin Panel

Download:

Screenshots:
KDL8bTN - TERA API (node.js), Shop and Launcher with Client Patcher - RaGEZONE Forums

o19Pp2B - TERA API (node.js), Shop and Launcher with Client Patcher - RaGEZONE Forums

2cuAO22 - TERA API (node.js), Shop and Launcher with Client Patcher - RaGEZONE Forums

V8jW44L - TERA API (node.js), Shop and Launcher with Client Patcher - RaGEZONE Forums

4Hh6zJO - TERA API (node.js), Shop and Launcher with Client Patcher - RaGEZONE Forums

R6jDRxM - TERA API (node.js), Shop and Launcher with Client Patcher - RaGEZONE Forums

ap4BIqu - TERA API (node.js), Shop and Launcher with Client Patcher - RaGEZONE Forums

G7u9ZIS - TERA API (node.js), Shop and Launcher with Client Patcher - RaGEZONE Forums

MkVXGYm - TERA API (node.js), Shop and Launcher with Client Patcher - RaGEZONE Forums

q7ftDEt - TERA API (node.js), Shop and Launcher with Client Patcher - RaGEZONE Forums
New features and changes:
  • Full implementation of the Tera Shop.
  • Full implementation of Admin Panel for API features and Tera Shop.
  • Added language select in the Launcher.
  • Implementation of the promo code system (Tera Shop).
  • New server availability check algorithm.
  • Integration with the Steer Server and Tera Platform Hub.
  • The use of FCGI WebAPI and FCGI Gateway is no longer required.
  • Automatic creation of Service Items (Box).
  • Improve application console logging and debugging.
  • Now a single database for the API is used.
  • Lots of improvements and fixes.
Admin Panel features:
  • User accounts management.
  • Account benefits management.
  • User bans management (including IP bans).
  • Monitoring of online users with kick functions.
  • SLS (server list) management with server check.
  • Server list strings management.
  • Server maintenance plans management.
  • Full management of the Tera Shop and promo codes system.
  • Functions for sending the Item Claim boxes.
  • Admin tasks management (background queue).
  • View logs of API, Shop and boxes.
  • View detailed admin operations log.

How to install an update
Important! We removed database separation, now all tables used by the API are in one database, so if you used a separate database for reports, you need to import it into the accountdb database.

All steps are strictly required!

1. Replace the file package.json with new one and run install.bat file.
  2. Completely delete the src directory and add it with a new one from the update.
  3. Replace all files in the public\launcher directory with new ones.
  4. Replace all files in the config directory with new ones (make your own settings if necessary).
  5. Unpack the share\data\tera-icons.zip archive to tera-api\data\tera-icons folder.
  6. Import the database structure from the share\db\00_schema.sql file (new tables will be added).
  7. Import the database updates from the share\db\updates\00_update.sql.
    If you get errors while importing the 00_update.sql, run the queries from the file manually one by one, ignoring the queries with errors. This step not required for new installations or clean database!
  8. Import other database files from the share\db directory for the Shop, Item Claim and other features to work. Example data of Tera Shop (with most items) is in file 03_db_shop_data.sql.
  9. Many paramenets in the .env file have been changed, so you can copy the new .env.example file to .env and make your own settings.
  10. Open config\admin.js file and change URLs for Admin Panel Quick Menu links.
By default, the admin panel is available on all IP addresses at port 8050, like . You can change this in the .env settings. To enter the admin panel, use login apiadmin and password password. These credentials should be used only for tests, and in production you need to set up integration with the Steer Server.

If you get an error when starting the Launcher, clear the Internet Explorer cache.
Integration with Steer Server
  1. Install and configure the Steer Server.
  2. Open Steer Web admin panel.
  3. Go to Import/export section and select Import.
  4. Select the file share\steer\ExportSteerData_steeradmin_API.sef and confirm import.
  5. Go to Manage user section and select Add user.
  6. Create new user named like imsadmin.
  7. Go to Authority connect section and select Connect user - user group.
  8. Select your user on left and click Add user group connection on right section.
  9. In new window select group API_AdminPanel_Admin and click add.
  10. Open your .env file and set STEER_ENABLE parameter to true.
  11. Restart Tera API.
1j5WdGB - TERA API (node.js), Shop and Launcher with Client Patcher - RaGEZONE Forums

ejSXSB - TERA API (node.js), Shop and Launcher with Client Patcher - RaGEZONE Forums

CB2uZI - TERA API (node.js), Shop and Launcher with Client Patcher - RaGEZONE Forums

m9pOgDO - TERA API (node.js), Shop and Launcher with Client Patcher - RaGEZONE Forums

ZYRKoVr - TERA API (node.js), Shop and Launcher with Client Patcher - RaGEZONE Forums

8XNrpXR - TERA API (node.js), Shop and Launcher with Client Patcher - RaGEZONE Forums

x7t0BDi - TERA API (node.js), Shop and Launcher with Client Patcher - RaGEZONE Forums
The Steer Server allows you to flexibly manage permissions to certain sections of the TERA API Admin Panel. For example, you can create a new user and connect it to user group API_AdminPanel_Shop. Users in this group will only have access to Shop management functions. You can also create your own function group.
Enabling TERA Shop and Item Claim Features
TERA Shop products are configured through the TERA API Admin Panel. The creation of a Service Item in the Box System occurs automatically when a product is added (using the Platform Hub).

1. Install and configure the Steer Server and Box Server (fcgi_gw is not needed).
  2. Go to your TERA Server arb_gw directory and open config config_arb_gw.txt.
  3. Modify the patamerer web_shop_url value as , where YOUR_API_HOST specify your TERA API (Portal API) public host.
  4. Go to your TERA Server Bin directory and open DeploymentConfig.xml.
  5. Remove or comment the line <Shop url=... /> like this:
    1HqIrUK - TERA API (node.js), Shop and Launcher with Client Patcher - RaGEZONE Forums
  6. Open your .env and set the API_PORTAL_SHOP_ENABLE parameter to true.
  7. Restart Tera Servers and Tera API.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Reaction score
Thank you for your great contribution in the TERA Community @hsdn

The only thing till now i needed to edit and is not present in your guide is how to edit the default ips for the Web/Box/Steer admin webs

hsdn - TERA API (node.js), Shop and Launcher with Client Patcher - RaGEZONE Forums

I Just edit them in ~\Config\admin.js

For the "How to install an update"

Every db import works except this one "00_update.sql." (and yes, i followed the order from your step by step, i just skip it)

it brings the same error whatever the tool i choose for import it (Navicat, Heidi, etc..)

Last edited:
TERA Foundation
Reaction score
@argeus99 00_update.sql adds new fields and keys to some database tables, without which some API functions will not work. Load requests to Navicat/HeidiSQL and execute them one by one, ignoring queries with errors (because you already have these keys).

I execute queries from 00_update.sql on clean DB from previous version of API. All queries are completed without any errors:

You must complete these queries only once. Re-execution will result in an error. I did not write a script or migration algo to automate this procedure, because it is a very simple operation to understand.

Reaction score
@argeus99 00_update.sql adds new fields and keys to some database tables, without which some API functions will not work. Load requests to Navicat/HeidiSQL and execute them one by one, ignoring queries with errors (because you already have these keys).

I execute queries from 00_update.sql on clean DB from previous version of API. All queries are completed without any errors:

You must complete these queries only once. Re-execution will result in an error. I did not write a script or migration algo to automate this procedure, because it is a very simple operation to understand.

Ah, i just figure out what i did....i feel so dumb.... i created a clean db, i did not reuse the existing one that's why it not worked at first try

TERA Foundation
Reaction score
If you are using a clean database from 00_db_schema.sql, you do not need to install 00_update.sql. This file is only needed to upgrade the database from a previous version of the API. This is not required for new installations.

TERA Foundation
Reaction score
Now i'm trying to log in and i'm getting the following error

"REGION" is not defined
Make sure you update all launcher files (public\launcher folder). Also you need to clear Internet Explorer cache.

Last edited:
TERA Foundation
Reaction score
Yes, i did a clean of public\launcher and src like you said

1. Replace the file package.json with new one and run install.bat file.
2. Completely delete the src directory and add it with a new one from the update.
3. Replace all files in the public\launcher directory with new ones.
4. Replace all files in the config directory with new ones (make your own settings if necessary).

Cleaned inet cache from inetcpl.cpl (i do not have IExplorer - Win11) and still get the 404 from POST /tera/LauncherLoginForm?lang=en
The /tera/LauncherLoginForm page should not be made a POST request. This is a login page, requested by launcher on GET request.

Last edited:
TERA Foundation
Reaction score
Try install latest version of src\app.js from github with disabled cache.

TERA Foundation
Reaction score
A similar error can occur if the launcher javascript does not work (the form is simply submitted directly, without javascript, which is incorrect behavior). It's a cache problem anyway, because in the new version of the API, the authorization scheme has been changed.

TERA Foundation
Reaction score
The app.js i have is the same, anyways i redownloaded and place everything again and still nothing
Also you can try to open in Chrome browser and test login.

Last edited:
TERA Foundation
Reaction score
And here ?

TERA Foundation
Reaction score
Even there lol

There's no pop up for not type username and password, that's weird (although I don't remember if there was one XD)
Don't have this problem in latest chrome. Check the javascript error log in the browser.

Last edited:
Back