Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

TERA API (node.js), Shop and Launcher with Client Patcher

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yes I have updated it. I had an error in the .evn regarding user of database, now it is no longer prompting error: SequelizeDatabaseError: No database selected.

Yet I am still stuck on refusing to connect error.

API_ARBITER_LISTEN_HOST=127.0.0.1
API_ARBITER_LISTEN_PORT=8080

Using same stuff as grails api which didnt have problem to connect. I have tried adding new api to the firewall but it has no .exe file so I don't know how to add an exception for it

Solved it. Apparently my windows weren't recognizing env file extension. It was quite weird as the api gives false feedback that connection is established even though my .env was technically non existing

I quite don't understand this either, how come launcher's host is defined as in ..../tera/LauncherMain when it doesn't exist?

TERA Foundation
Reaction score
It was quite weird as the api gives false feedback that connection is established even though my .env was technically non existing
If database ip/port is not specified, API uses 127.0.0.1:3306 by default for database connections. Because of this, the false behavior of normal operation occurs. At the same time, since If the .env is missing, then the database name and other parameters are missing.

UPD: Fixed.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
@argeus99 This error also occurs after you click the Play button?

Try to remove the local.db and version.ini files from the game folder.

i have the same error.

Can register via launcher.

Have removed local.db and version.ini

Have version.ini in C:\tera-api\public\patch

Have Launcher_info.ini with

installer_url=http://myserverip:myport/patch/launcher_update/Launcher.exe

Have Launcher_Update folder with Launcher.exe in it.

GettingError 274(0) ini error when I press play

TERA Foundation
Reaction score
GettingError 274(0) ini error

The cause of the error has been found. You have placed the wrong version.ini file in the C:\tera-api\public\patch folder, which is causing the launcher to generate this error.

You need to delete this file if you are not using the automatic update feature (404 error is normal).

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The cause of the error has been found. You have placed the wrong version.ini file in the C:\tera-api\public\patch folder, which is causing the launcher to generate this error.

You need to delete this file if you are not using the automatic update feature (404 error is normal).

This worked and now I am getting new error of 65520(1021) Game Program closed. Any ideas?

TERA Foundation
Reaction score
This worked and now I am getting new error of 65520(1021) Game Program closed. Any ideas?

Wrong region language / DC file specified.

You need to rename your translated datacenter DataCenter_Final_TW.dat file to DataCenter_Final_EUR.dat.
This suffix (EUR) must match the one specified in the parameter API_PORTAL_CLIENT_DEFAULT_REGION.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Omg I love you.

One of the kind to not only share but also help with setup. Thank you <3

One last thing, in my server selection screen, my population and other tab is in TW. any ideas how to change that to english without translating datacenter?

TERA Foundation
Reaction score
This question also related to the region parameter.

If API_PORTAL_CLIENT_DEFAULT_REGION=TW is specified, Chinese will be used to display the list of servers.

However, you can edit this translation in the server_strings table (just copy text from en to tw row):

ICePHXN - TERA API (node.js), Shop and Launcher with Client Patcher - RaGEZONE Forums

But it is more correct to use the EUR value for API_PORTAL_CLIENT_DEFAULT_REGION along with DataCenter_Final_EUR.dat.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
This question also related to the region parameter.

If API_PORTAL_CLIENT_DEFAULT_REGION=TW is specified, Chinese will be used to display the list of servers.

However, you can edit this translation in the server_strings table (just copy text from en to tw row):

ICePHXN - TERA API (node.js), Shop and Launcher with Client Patcher - RaGEZONE Forums

But it is more correct to use the EUR value for API_PORTAL_CLIENT_DEFAULT_REGION along with DataCenter_Final_EUR.dat.

Thank you friend.

Attachments

Reaction score
so me try install tera-api, but in step "Run the npm install for install required node modules." nodeJS goto frustration and nothing happens, only stuck progress of download modules.
So me corrected configure proxy in system set, bur in nodeJS how make it?

Me ask and me answer:
before run step 4 configure proxy settings:
for http: npm config set proxy http://proxy_host:port
for https: npm config set https-proxy https://proxy_host:port or npm config set https-proxy http://proxy_host:port

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
hsdn - TERA API (node.js), Shop and Launcher with Client Patcher - RaGEZONE Forums

have an issue with a packer with this error

CoyjnB7 - TERA API (node.js), Shop and Launcher with Client Patcher - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
API and launcher work great! Very quick setup, too. I really like the check/update bypass feature; let me test functionality of everything with very little config time. Awesome!

Reaction score
Check if all folders specified on config.js exist

I had exactly the same issue with one of my computers (machine 1) and all folders exist

I tried with / and \ but it persist

i replicated the same config in another computer (machine 2) and it works..wtf so.. it's a kind of bug?

The only differente between my machines is the OS language/region

Machine 1 OS ENG
Machine 2 OS ESP

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
In any case, incorrect error handling occurs. I will check later.

You can try use proxyng software, like Proxifier with node.exe / npm.exe.

Fixed it. Any chance we can get a guide how to use the game file download function? I have managed to create game files using your packer but I have no clue where to put them and what to enable in order to make launcher download it?

TERA Foundation
Reaction score
This is taking way too long, i think i should have started this on ssd :junglejane:

Yes, it also depends on the cpu, a lzma compression level 9 is used. In any case, you pack only once, and in the future there will most likely be only DC updates.

Reaction score
@argeus99 This error also occurs after you click the Play button?

Try to remove the local.db and version.ini files from the game folder.

UPD: A new config parameter API_PORTAL_BRAND_NAME has been added to allow you to change the brand name in copyright.

Yes, it was the version.ini file

What i did is copy the original version.ini from client and put it in server/patch folder and it works at first try

Thanks for your support!!

TERA Foundation
Reaction score
Fixed it. Any chance we can get a guide how to use the game file download function? I have managed to create game files using your packer but I have no clue where to put them and what to enable in order to make launcher download it?

You can place files into /tera-api/public/patch folder.

Client update files structure:
  • /tera-api/public/patch/patch/ - game client packed files (like the 1-100.cab, 1-101.cab, etc.).
  • /tera-api/public/patch/db/ - update database files (like the server.db.1.cab).
  • /tera-api/public/patch/version.ini - generated by packer version.ini placed here.
Launcher update files structure:
  • /tera-api/public/patch/launcher_update/ - updates for launcher (files like LauncherInstaller_1.0.1.52.exe, created by Inno Setup script).
  • /tera-api/public/patch/launcher_info.ini - information file of launcher update version (edit manually).

Back