Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

TERA API (node.js), Shop and Launcher with Client Patcher

TERA Foundation
Reaction score
A relog is required to apply the benefits, because its are sent at the time of enter to server.

@hsdn
I would like to inform the one item that did not reflect the effect.
ItemID:209175(boost packeage) contain ItemID:143438 as Mini Chronoscroll.
So it seems you need to add the following

I didn't add Korean chronoscrolls, its are not used in the game.

TERA Foundation
Reaction score
@argeus99 Before starting the API, you need to make sure that the MySQL is running (it is usually installed as a Windows system service). If the MySQL has crashed while the API is running, an attempt to reconnect to the MySQL occurs every time the API sends a request to database (select/insert/update etc).

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well, ur not forced to use it!

Yeah, proceeded with the launcher from the original files and no protest from windows defender yet.

However, getting weird issue on the launcher, keeps downloading "DO_NOT_DELETE.TXT" to \S1Game\Locilization directoy. Total file count just keeps climbing:

Do not delete text.PNG - TERA API (node.js), Shop and Launcher with Client Patcher - RaGEZONE Forums

Any ideas?

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
TERA Foundation
Reaction score
@MasterRow Try to delete this file from client distribution and pack client again.
This file is not needed for correct working of client.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi, after about 3 hours of packing I got this error:

8ec0e60f97f43cde29971a0f4f51bf56 - TERA API (node.js), Shop and Launcher with Client Patcher - RaGEZONE Forums

ALl folders in config exist. Please help.

Thanks.

Attachments

TERA Foundation
Reaction score
@Dakado Error reporting has fixed, update app.js file from github and try again (you not need to delete the packed files).
If the error occurs again, it should display normally.

As for the real error - probably the utility failed to update/create the version.ini file.
Check the paths and permissions of the file.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
So if I dont delete the packed files it will continue where it left off without any issues if I run it again ?

But I downloaded the packer yesterday from github so I guess I have the latest version already.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
@MasterRow Try to delete this file from client distribution and pack client again.
This file is not needed for correct working of client.

So your telling me to delete the file named "do not delete"? What could possibly go wrong? lol just kidding, not quite sure why that file was even there to be honest.

It downloaded to completion after deletion. Pressing the play button is giving a 273 (3): SLS error now:
273 (3) SLS Error.PNG - TERA API (node.js), Shop and Launcher with Client Patcher - RaGEZONE Forums

Does this have anything to do with language or region setting? I'm seeing the following in the API:
Lang=en.PNG - TERA API (node.js), Shop and Launcher with Client Patcher - RaGEZONE Forums
It is showing 200 connection though so I don't know.

Thanks for all your help, and making this project public!

Attachments

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I decided to enable the patcher and have it on a remote webserver.

Code:
API_PORTAL_CLIENT_PATCH_URL= *url here*

Not sure if we're supposed to put http:// in front or not. When I do have it there and open the launcher, i get
Error 274(40400)

when I remove the http:// and open the launcher, I get:

Error 274(16)

Either way, the root of the web server contains the version.ini, cab files, and a sub directory for the db files. Are they supposed to all be in one directory? not sure how this works entirely

TERA Foundation
Reaction score
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I finally solved the problems with this API very difficult and not clear, but I figured it out myself and started now I can enter the game

I suffered for a couple of days and then I understood the installation process

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Code:
http://my.site/patch/version.ini
is available in browser?

Yes,it's in the patch folder

EDIT: I fixed it. Apparently in the version.ini file, it put /db/file.db, I noticed down in that file it put Binaries\TERA.exe, so I changed the / to \ in the db path and somehow, that fixed it.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You need add your server to the server_info table.

Apologies, I missed that important step. Everything running now!

I have been working with a TW datacenter file with with English subtitles. When I changed the last characters of the datacenter file to EUR, I had the problem with it displaying the [][][] in lieu of dialogue. So instead of changing the file itself I changed the .env file to match the datacenter file and it loads up fine. This meant I had to go into the serverstrings table and change the TW row cells to English i order for it to populate the Queue and Population columns on server select:
Queue and Population.PNG - TERA API (node.js), Shop and Launcher with Client Patcher - RaGEZONE Forums
It would be nice to change to EUR on the datacenter file but not critical.

As a test, I took the datacenter file out of the client directory and did a repair, but it did not catch that the file was missing and did not redownload the file from the server. What am I doing wrong here?

Attachments

TERA Foundation
Reaction score
You need to add euro font. Download here
Unpack and place into S1Game\CookedPC\Art_Data\Packages\S1UI\ folder.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have managed to successfully pack the client, get the repair files from server working, but when I try to start the game, after TERA XINGCODE load and tera logo, the game goes into "Not responding" state:

1e5efeb228775ffcdc9d4d1d8690ed01 - TERA API (node.js), Shop and Launcher with Client Patcher - RaGEZONE Forums

and then I see this message:
76b00d3ce421a5906d131e96748543b4 - TERA API (node.js), Shop and Launcher with Client Patcher - RaGEZONE Forums

What does it mean please ? With the original grails API (v92) everything worked just fine.

Attachments

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Quick question I noticed that if you place the launcher.exe in an empty folder it does try to download the whole game which is great but it's been 28 hours and the game is still patching files. I can see the patch has also created the correct size for the client's files.

My question is how do you set a stop so that it does not continue to download? Setting API_PORTAL_CLIENT_PATCH_NO_CHECK=true works but then the client cannot be updated.

QZEtXGe - TERA API (node.js), Shop and Launcher with Client Patcher - RaGEZONE Forums

- - - Updated - - - Reply to above post

I have managed to successfully pack the client, get the repair files from server working, but when I try to start the game, after TERA XINGCODE load and tera logo, the game goes into "Not responding" state and then I see this message:
76b00d3ce421a5906d131e96748543b4 - TERA API (node.js), Shop and Launcher with Client Patcher - RaGEZONE Forums

What does it mean please ? With the original grails API (v92) everything worked just fine.

Try downloading dependencies for the launcher & game.

Download .NET:

Download C++ Redistributable:
Download .NET Core 3.1:

Can also try using Xigncode Bypass so that it does not load.

Xigncode Bypass:
What does it mean please ? With the original grails API (v92) everything worked just fine.[/QUOTE]

Attachments

Back