Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Tera level 100 version

TERA Foundation
Reaction score
About missing translation strings. The problem is that the strings are in different files of TW and EUR DCs for some elements.
xqeNV8W - Tera level 100 version - RaGEZONE Forums
The xml-translator needs to be updated so that it supports the function of manipulating strings from different files (for certain elements, like QuestDialog). This shouldn't be a problem, as we use the zone/npc/dialog id as the signature.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
About missing translation strings. The problem is that the strings are in different files of TW and EUR DCs for some elements.

The xml-translator needs to be updated so that it supports the function of manipulating strings from different files (for certain elements, like QuestDialog). This shouldn't be a problem, as we use the zone/npc/dialog id as the signature.

Yeah I think that's why the older narcis tool v1 (autotranslator) caused the double quest issues and bug in apex quest progress. VillagerDialog also has text in different files of TW and EUR DCs.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Someone could put together a v100 VM in english?

I have a working server 2022 VM in english. It's hosted in vSphere, so I'd have to export as an OVA/OVF if that would work for you?

I think i might have....overestimated myself.....getting this freshly setup on my secondary PC...is much harder for me than i thought LOL.
Time to fight it through today and see where it gets me xD

I managed to get it done up on a fresh machine. I ran into so many tiny gotchas (because dumb) I cant even remember em all. Feel free to ping me if you get stuck!

hello can you tell if there is any way to use mysql instead of SQLSERVER2017 and Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio?
So I managed to migrate the PlanetDB to MySQL with this:

I haven’t gotten a chance to test how the server responds to the change yet though. The db definitions might be an issue as hsdn mentioned. Stored procedure/trigger creation syntax is different between the server types

RaGEZONE VIP
[VIP] Member
Reaction score
I have a working server 2022 VM in english. It's hosted in vSphere, so I'd have to export as an OVA/OVF if that would work for you?
This would actually be cool! I only started working with the server files today (starting with the distributed VM first). After adding/changing the display language + switching regional settings, there's still a lot of Chinese language only stuff still deeply embedded in various places (I ran into that when double checking roles & features in IIS). Got it working quickly but didn't think it was a good base to start off from and so was planning to try from scratch (which I know is a landmine of "tiny little cuts" of those small things that you overlook, and block you from proceeding as you try to resolve the thing that you missed).

TERA Foundation
Reaction score
I updated xml-dc-translator utility:

Double text issue have been fixed, and the search algorithm is completely reworked.

I think now the utility translates of all DC strings (I did not find the Chinese word in the translated DC).
Of course, missing item names will need to be added manually.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I updated xml-dc-translator utility:

Double text in text issue have been fixed, and the search algorithm is completely reworked.

I think now the utility translates of all DC strings (I did not find the Chinese word in the translated DC).
Of course, missing item names will need to be added manually.

Would be possible to leave the original chinese strings instead of deleting it? it can make translating the missing stuff easier.

TERA Foundation
Reaction score
Would be possible to leave the original chinese strings instead of deleting it? it can make translating the missing stuff easier.

CN strings not deleted. It have all been completely replaced.

But if in the EUR DC strings are empty, then in the translated DC is will also replaced to empty.
Of course, you can leave the original text for such lines (prevent replacing lines with empty ones).

UPD: Fixed.

Last edited:
RaGEZONE VIP
[VIP] Member
Reaction score
EXACTLY! I was like “this works, but mostly because magic and I have no idea how to fix it if it breaks” lol. I’ll kick off the export then and post it later today :)
lol. I had way too many of those sort of moments when I was working fulltime in tech (Murphy's Law); so I ended up with this habit of documenting everything (and still ran into networking scenarios where undoing what I did step-by-step didn't fix it and I'd be like this -> :?:)

But thanks in advance for the export; really appreciate it! (I'm going to import into regular VMWare Workstation but have no idea if they updated the import facility in Workstation 16; I know with Workstation 15, you could only import version 1 OVA/OVF's and well, VMWare's knowledge base is the typical IT landmine of non-specific answers).

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
I know the feeling, spent the whole day trying to set this up on a secondary PC i have and still got nowhere near..... ;/ wish someone could jsut remote to it and set it up explaining to me what and where or guiding me. Would make it so much better lol

Reaction score
I know the feeling, spent the whole day trying to set this up on a secondary PC i have and still got nowhere near..... ;/ wish someone could jsut remote to it and set it up explaining to me what and where or guiding me. Would make it so much better lol

To get this server running you just need to restore the databases and change the sql password on DeploymentConfig.xml or set your SQL sa password to "Tera123456"
Use this API+Launcher https://forum.ragezone.com/f797/tera-api-node-js-launcher-1205579/

and run
Server\Start.bat
Server\Executable\Bin\1. ArbiterServer.bat
Server\Executable\Bin\2. StartTopography.bat
Server\Executable\Bin\3. WordlServer.bat

TERA Foundation
Reaction score
xml-dc-translator has updated. Fixed issue with merging parts (Quests).
But you need a fix for the MovieScript, because the id format is different in EUR and TW DC. I'm working on it.

MovieScript translation has been fixed (includes dialog timings).

Last edited:
Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
To get this server running you just need to restore the databases and change the sql password on DeploymentConfig.xml or set your SQL sa password to "Tera123456"
Use this API+Launcher https://forum.ragezone.com/f797/tera-api-node-js-launcher-1205579/

and run
Server\Start.bat
Server\Executable\Bin\1. ArbiterServer.bat
Server\Executable\Bin\2. StartTopography.bat
Server\Executable\Bin\3. WordlServer.bat

Sounds easy but you also need to configure the api, configure the webapp on IIS etc. If it was that easy i would have done it already xD
I restored the DB, added the webapp to IIS, updated the ip's where it wa snecessary in the server files, updated the password for the DB where i could find it but when it comes to the launcher and api i am too dumb. That is where i am stuck. Tried changing things / config things but it does not work.
Doesnt help also that PHPstudy is in chinese only.
I can figure out things if its not too complicated. I just wanted to have it on an actual machine instead of a VM, for myself to play around with.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
lol. I had way too many of those sort of moments when I was working fulltime in tech (Murphy's Law); so I ended up with this habit of documenting everything (and still ran into networking scenarios where undoing what I did step-by-step didn't fix it and I'd be like this -> :?:)

But thanks in advance for the export; really appreciate it! (I'm going to import into regular VMWare Workstation but have no idea if they updated the import facility in Workstation 16; I know with Workstation 15, you could only import version 1 OVA/OVF's and well, VMWare's knowledge base is the typical IT landmine of non-specific answers).
I wish I was better at documentation, but i feel like it'll always be my weak point haha.

My vCenter died during the clone (Murphy's Law!), so i'll have to upload the raw .vmx and .vmdk files. Which may actually work out a little easier for import. Just waiting on the clone to thin-provision to finish; nobody wants to download a 375GB VM lol.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
And I hope someone like robson26 will upload a 100version working vmserver:thumbup:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
xD forget about 92.03 that is old and useless technology and poorly optimized on 32 bits.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
ENGLISH SFX for 100.02:

1. Start "TMM.exe" and select your TERA "S1Game" game folder
2. Click Add and install "TC ENG Cinematic.gpk" and "TC ENG NPC Sounds.gpk"
(NPC Sounds gpk takes long time to install due to many npc sound files)
3. Activate the mods by selection box under "On/Off"
4. Tick the box "Skip launcher integrity check" for TW client
5. Keep TMM running in the backround and launch TERA

Optional Font Mod included with the files or you can switch client to EUR, hsdn method:
https://forum.ragezone.com/f797/tera-level-100-version-1205489-post9126232/#post9126232

File "TC ENG NPC Sounds.gpk" takes long to install and load when starting the TMM due to many npc sound files (1000+). Movies under Thaumetal Refinery and RK-9 Kennel (page 9) have KR voices with ENG ones, couldn't find any method of removing them. Subjugation of the Hideout cutscene from page 2 doesn't have sound and two cutscenes from Velik's Sanctuary (page 8) also don't have sounds. Odwin's Death from page 10 crashes when started. These are retail client 100.02 bugs and are not caused by my mods. It would be great if someone knows any method of switching the TW gpks with ENG ones without TMM, I couldn't get CompositePackageMapper patch to work so for now TMM seems to be only option for ENG SFX.

Back