Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

TERA Server Proxy (Allowing GM commands for specific accounts)

TERA Foundation
[VIP] Member
Reaction score
TERA Server Side Proxy for patch 92.03, 92.04 and 100.02

TERA Server Proxy:

ArbiterServer 100.02 TW patch: (ArbiterServer_m1.exe)
ArbiterServer 92.03 TW patch: (ArbiterServer_m3.exe)
ArbiterServer 92.04 TW patch: already included in the release (ArbiterServer_m2.exe)
ArbiterServer 71.03 EME patch: already included in the release (ArbiterServer_m2.exe)

Patch 71.03 EME protocol is currently not supported!

Network proxy program written on node.js, designed to work on the TERA server side. Based on the , forked by me with support for modular architecture. In addition to allowing GM (QA) commands, you can install many proxy modules on the side of the server, expanding its functionality, and also fixes some critical server vulnerabilities. There is also support for built-in commands for managing installed proxy modules (it work only in QA mode), you need to use the "~" prefix for input.

UPD: Since the latest versions, the TERA Server Proxy no longer processes packets with the packet integrity algorithm (rehashing packet headers). This should make the program work faster. If necessary, integrity algorithm can be enabled in the config file.

Allowing GM commands for specific accounts

This method is an alternative to the ArbiterHook used in version 92.03.

The implementation allows you to allow GM (QA) commands to certain accounts by proxying connection to the TERA Server with the block of the C_ADMIN packet. It will also need to replace original ArbiterServer.exe to allow QA commands on qaServer disabled mode.

How to install (Video Guide - "Proxy Server Setup"):
  1. Unpack the tera-proxy-server to your server directory.
  2. Unpack the ArbiterServer_m1.exe (or ArbiterServer_m2.exe) to your Bin directory of TERA Server
    (for patch 92.03 you need to use ArbiterServer_m3.exe included in distribution).
  3. Open the 1. ArbiterServer.bat file and change ArbiterServer to ArbiterServer_m1
    (or to ArbiterServer_m2 for patch 71.03 and 92.04, or to ArbiterServer_m3 for patch 92.03).
  4. Open the DeploymentConfig.xml file, change port 7801 to 7701, and set the qaServer param to false.
  5. Start the TERA servers (Arbiter, World, etc.).
  6. Run tera-proxy-server\Start.bat.
  7. Go to TERA API Admin Panel and set the Privilege value for the account you want to grant commands.
  8. Make sure that port 7701 is not available for external user connections.
Privilege values:
  • 31 - Only QA commands allowed.
  • 32 - Only GM panel allowed (Alt+A).
  • 33 - QA commands and GM panel are allowed.

Important note:
Since this method uses proxying, it will no longer be possible to obtain user's real IP address, so IP bans in TERA API will not work. To resolve this problem, update TERA API to the latest version and set parameter API_ARBITER_USE_IP_FROM_LAUNCHER as true. When using the Launcher (Portal API) behind a proxy like nginx or Cloudflare, set parameter LOG_IP_ADDRESSES_FORWARDED_FOR as true.

Last edited:
Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
Does it? I installed it but the server no longer shows up in the client for me to connect, and everything is running.
Did I miss something?

TERA Foundation
[VIP] Member
Reaction score
@dziobus The display of the server in server list depends on the API settings. Make sure you have the server enabled and available.

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
@dziobus The display of the server in server list depends on the API settings. Make sure you have the server enabled and available.

it is, works fine if I do not use the proxy, no issues.
But I noticed there is an error when i launch it saying my Nodejs version is not supported while I did download the latest one from the link you provided.

TERA Foundation
[VIP] Member
Reaction score
@dziobus You need to rebuild the libraries for your version of node.js as described in the instructions above.

Without rebuilding, it should work on node v18.4.0 and higher.

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
@dziobus You need to rebuild the libraries for your version of node.js as described in the instructions above.

I did. So, after installing the latest nodejs I use the cmd command per instruction and get below:

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.19042.331]
(c) - WhiteDeath - 2020. All rights reserved.
C:\Users\TeraSV>npm install -g node-gyp
changed 94 packages, and audited 95 packages in 4s
5 packages are looking for funding
run `npm fund` for details
found 0 vulnerabilities

Then when I try to run the build batch file it gives me an error but dissapears immediately. and the Start.bat does not do anything and Tera api broke xD

Had to start from the fresh VM again cause nothing worked after this anymore lol. Not sure what happened or where did i do it wrong. I am using shadows VM if that helps.

Last edited:
TERA Foundation
[VIP] Member
Reaction score
Install latest node v18.9.0 and try commands:
Code:
cd [B]your_path_to_tera_server_proxy[/B]
npm install -g node-gyp
npm rebuild
Where your_path_to_tera_server_proxy - specify path to your tera-server-proxy installation.

If there is a problem with tera-api, delete folder tera-api\node_modules and run install.bat in tera-api folder, then the problem should be solved.

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
Install latest node v18.9.0 and try commands:
Code:
cd [B]your_path_to_tera_server_proxy[/B]
npm install -g node-gyp
npm rebuild
Where your_path_to_tera_server_proxy - specify path to your tera-server-proxy installation.

If there is a problem with tera-api, delete folder tera-api\node_modules and run install.bat in tera-api folder, then the problem should be solved.

Did that and i get errors when running npm rebuild. I did install the nodejs version mentioned, did the install command, have visual c++ packages installed
PiNj8Ot - TERA Server Proxy (Allowing GM commands for specific accounts) - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Reaction score
Did that and i get errors when running npm rebuild. I did install the nodejs version mentioned, did the install command, have visual c++ packages installed
PiNj8Ot - TERA Server Proxy (Allowing GM commands for specific accounts) - RaGEZONE Forums

do not use *.bat-files for installing, just use commands in console like in instruction

Does it? I installed it but the server no longer shows up in the client for me to connect, and everything is running.
Did I miss something?

if U do it as in instruction all works fine but remember it's proxy and without it runs U can't entrance into game, me was catch this problem till understand how it work.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
it works fine for me , but is possible make the character can attack ?

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
it works fine for me , but is possible make the character can attack ?

No, GM rights are set and meant to be that way that the GM cannot play the game.
Its created like this in Tera.
So if you wanna play and attack you need to only enable QA commands and not the GM panel

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
i original author for it (asura)
and i notice all of secure issue for this method!

It combines packets with a network protocol and allows you to push a packet with a command after any other=(

I use other code.. but this have problem (stop from unhandled network errors)

TERA Foundation
[VIP] Member
Reaction score
i original author for it (asura)
and i notice all of secure issue for this method!

It combines packets with a network protocol and allows you to push a packet with a command after any other=(

I use other code.. but this have problem (stop from unhandled network errors)

I just updated the tera-crypto library for the new version of node.js, no other changes were made.
Thanks for the explanation and the link.

Last edited:
TERA Foundation
[VIP] Member
Reaction score
Tera Server Proxy has been updated.

Download:

Now it is based on TeraToolbox with support for modular architecture.
The fork was made by me, based on the well-known , which supports patches 92 and 100. There is also support for built-in commands for managing installed proxy modules (it work only in QA mode), you need to use the "~" prefix for input.

Thanks to sasha5434 (Tera Asura Project) for the information, fake-ping module and provided full opcodes for patch 92.04.

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Instructions are not clear enough and leave a lot of room for interpretation:

- What is a "TERA Api" admin panel? There is no such thing. There's steer admin, box admin, server admin.
- Do I unpack the proxy folder itself into my server directory or the contents of the proxy folder? Both can be understood as "unpack the proxy folder in your server directory". Does it even matter?
- How do I know if it is working correctly? Does it output any errors if it's not working correctly?

Clarifying little details like this helps to minimize the troubleshooting needed. The instructions in this thread also miss the step about the ArbiterServer_m1.exe file. That step itself is mentioned on the Github page but the owner of said page has the step false too. The correct location is NOT TeraServers\bin as there is no such thing as a "bin" folder with the 100.02 official release that shadow66 packed up neatly in a virtual machine. The correct location is the root of TeraServers, the folder itself, where ArbiterServer.exe is located. Or at least I assume so. Again, there is a total lack of documentation to confirm this. But the lack of errors from the proxy server's command prompt makes me think that the exe is in the correct location.

Reaction score
Instructions are not clear enough and leave a lot of room for interpretation:

- What is a "TERA Api" admin panel? There is no such thing. There's steer admin, box admin, server admin.
- Do I unpack the proxy folder itself into my server directory or the contents of the proxy folder? Both can be understood as "unpack the proxy folder in your server directory". Does it even matter?
- How do I know if it is working correctly? Does it output any errors if it's not working correctly?

- What is a "TERA Api" admin panel?
https://forum.ragezone.com/f797/tera-api-node-js-and-1205579/
Changelog > Update 06.08.2022 (Installation) > How to install an update
hsdn - TERA Server Proxy (Allowing GM commands for specific accounts) - RaGEZONE Forums

- Do I unpack the proxy folder itself into my server directory or the contents of the proxy folder? it doesn't matter while you unpack the files into your server location
- How do I know if it is working correctly? When you start the proxy and an account reach the lobby it prints the output redirection in the cmd window from 7801 to 7701

hsdn - TERA Server Proxy (Allowing GM commands for specific accounts) - RaGEZONE Forums

The instructions in this thread also miss the step about the ArbiterServer_m1.exe file: I clearly see it

How to install:
Open the 1. ArbiterServer.bat file and change ArbiterServer to ArbiterServer_m1.

This guide is really well writen, keep in mind you're speaking about the configuration of the pre-made vm that was maded by someone else

in the original leak (non vm), the server has the following structure

Back