Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Translation Files for TERA 92.03 (ENG,RUS,GER,FRA)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
This is a collection of all my TC (Tera Client) mods put in the one post. SFX link contains files for cinematic and NPC sounds in the desired language. Files "fonts_tw.gpk" and "GFxUI.tw" from EUR mod change the game font to retail EUR version and they will work on all languages except JPN,TW & KR. DC link is the Tera 92.03 datacenter with a latest update. Russian DC requires EUR font mod or else text will be distorted. In Japanese and Korean DC link is included JPN & KR Font Mod specific to that version, else Asian text will be incorrect. Taiwanese links are backup files from the original Tera TW 92.03 client.

1. MAKE A BACKUP OF FILES FROM STEP 2 (entire Sound_Data folder and DataCenter)
2. Copy and overwrite the files from the mod folder to:
"Sound_Data" --> \TERA\S1Game\CookedPC\
"fonts_tw.gpk" --> \TERA\S1Game\CookedPC\Art_Data\Packages\S1UI\
"GFxUI.tw" --> \TERA\S1Game\Localization\TW\
"DataCenter_Final_TW.dat" --> \TERA\S1Game\S1Data\

zoran8844 - Translation Files for TERA 92.03 (ENG,RUS,GER,FRA) - RaGEZONE Forums
EUR Font Mod:

Mystel Apex Scroll Fix:
(SERVER) "WorldFestival_KR.xml" --> TERA_SERVER\test_te_server\Executable\Bin\Datasheet\
You can use this command to add one Apex Scroll if you have 6/7 bug: "/@insert_item 88710 1"

zoran8844 - Translation Files for TERA 92.03 (ENG,RUS,GER,FRA) - RaGEZONE Forums
ENGLISH ✔️ Completed

SFX: v5 - Fixed the tracks that were too long, in two last movies on the page 5/11 (Argon Queen).

DC:
Mostly finished with only a small amount of text issues present that I couldn't fix because of differences in DC elements between the TW and EUR versions.
v7 - Add missing shop item descriptions. Fixed a couple of small issues in quests and npc dialogues. Tweaked UI skill and EP space formatting (5sec->5 sec). Requires Eng SFX v5!

ENG v7 DC in XML:

RUSSIAN
✔️ Completed

SFX: v2 - Removed bugged english voice in Landon opening cinematic (first movie in page 9 "red fruit").

DC:
Fixed most of double text issues. Corrected all cinematic subtitles. This DC is in a good shape with only some repetitive npc text that I couldn't fix. Please use "EUR Font" mod to fix the distorted text issue.
v5 - Fixed VIP menu, add missing mounts and skill descriptions. Done a few corrections on quests and subtitles.

RUS Datacenter v4 with English NPC/Quest/Item/Zone names.

GERMAN
✔️ Completed

SFX:
DC:
v3 - Fixed double text in quest and npc dialogues. Add subtitles and corrected a lot of previous issues. There are still some missing mount and item descriptions (only have older v366222 ger DC as donor) but besides that, this version is in a pretty good shape now :)

FRENCH ❌ Incomplete

SFX:
DC:
v1 - Basic auto-translation with Eng v7 DC. Subtitles, double quest text, EP info and misc item and skill descriptions issues still need to be fixed. Requires the EUR Font mod!

JAPANESE ✔️ Completed

SFX: NEW! - UPDATE v3
v3 - Fixed NPC Sounds that were in KR. I think everything is correctly in Japanese now (thx to popoty for help)

DC: NEW! - UPDATE v2
v2 - Fixed double text in quests and npc dialogues the best I could. I don't understand Japanese at all so I'm not sure how accurate is this translation. Some parts of Exodor quests are still in ENG. Necessary Japanese Font mod included with the DC file.

TAIWANESE
(Mandarin Chinese) ✔️ Original Files

SFX:
DC:
Backup of the original DC and Sounds that came with Tera 92.03 Client. TW Fonts are included in the DC link, use these files if you what to restore client to unmodded TW retail version.

KOREAN ❌ Incomplete

SFX: Don't have Sounds from KR Client
DC: NEW! - UPDATE v2
v2 - Fixed items and skills, double text issue is NOT FIXED and there are still some English item and skill descriptions including movie subtitles. Korean Font mod included with the DC file.

THAI ❌ Broken

SFX: Don't have Sounds from THA Client
DC:
v0.5 - Basic auto-translation with Eng v7 DC and older THA DC v349932, English quest, item and skill descriptions including movie subtitles. This DC is in a rough state (50% in Thai). Custom Thai Font mod included with the DC file (don't have retail fonts_tha.gpk)

CREDITS: @narcis96 for making the DC Tools and translating the TW Datacenter which served as the foundation of my work on fixing remaining issues. Also big thanks to @argeus99 @Luciole @ulfman @xfdd @hsdn @hexaDoc @popoty for providing the source DCs and necessary files for translations to the other languages.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
does for RUS datacenter needed FONT's from "EUR Font" section or it's work fine basicaly?
Great question, the game can run with RUS DC and default TW fonts just fine (the ones that came with original 92.03 client) but Russian text will be distorted and have extra space between each Cyrillic letter. Here is a screenshot how the game looks like without EUR fonts:

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey there!
How it's possible to pack, unpacked datacenter back?
Narcis96 released DC Tool for this version of Tera at the beginning of this year, but unfortunately he made the tool private several months later. I have both versions of the DC Tool (v1 auto-translator and v2 dc editor) and I can NOT share them because Narcis ask specifically not to share his DC Tool. You can ask him if he is willing to give you the DC Tool or search the main release thread if somebody else uploaded it.

If you are using old gothos dc tool , you can only unpack the dc from this version. That tool can't repack already uncompressed dc and I'm currently unaware of any other user made tool that can pack the 92.03 tera dc; Sorry :(

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Anyone know how to get French DC for this build? tried with steam depot but only getting error...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
English is difficult for me Please tell me how to translate this game into Korean

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
English is difficult for me Please tell me how to translate this game into Korean

Narcis96 made DC Tool v1 that can auto translate between the two DCs. DC Tool v2 is the DC editor only, without an option for auto translation. Don't ask me for these tools because they belong to Narcis I can't share them. They only work on 32bit Tera DCs, so all the newer 64bit Tera DCs are incompatible.

Next, you need original Korean DC for Tera 92.03 (the closer to version 366226 the better). You will also need the Key and IV (they are necessary for decrypting the donor DC). If you find already uncompressed KR DC then you don't need Key and IV for auto translation.

Gothos DataCenterUnpack.exe from can find Key and IV from already running Tera instance (maybe it can extract key/IV from some private server, you will need to run tera and than use the GDC tool to find key/IV for that game version).

GDC Tool from 2019

You can use VenoMKO editor to view Tera gpk files and export the DC to XML, currently this program can't pack already unpacked datacenter.

If someone provides Korean DC with Key/IV close to 92.03 (366226) I will translate the DC with auto translator, but I'm not sure if I can fix it further because I don't understand Korean. Auto-translator causes double text issue in a quest & npc dialogues and the subtitles for cutscenes can't be translated easily because different languages have different timings with the voice files.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Brother my mentor. Thank you
No problem, I wish I could provide more help :( If I find the Korean or Japanese client, I could do sound and voice mod for KR like I did with the SFX English. What I need is the "Sound_Data\Packages" folder from an Asian Tera client. For sounds it doesn't matter if the client is 32 or 64 bit, only that it's from a last two years, 92.03 or newer.

Here is Key and IV for TW 92.03 - 366226 version (also for all modded TC versions from my first post):

Key: B5AE92062ACC7452EB6FBB44EC2D612D
IV: 11E5B808F6922217F6FFB977321A0960

Also here is ENG v7 DC in XML if it can be of some use to someone:

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Heya Zoran! Quick question is it possible to combine different language files without breaking the game? Or do those SFX packs (.gpk format) contain more than just sound files (meaning I can't simply copy/paste the .gpk files from say a newer client)

Y'see I wanted to do something like:

Cinematics: English
Player Classes: Japanese
NPCs: Korean

I know, I know! A little strange but I want to go the Tekken route. Haha. But I'm really curious..
Is this possible? Because I was going to attempt testing this (after I find a korean client) but I noticed under your ENG v7 instructions you wrote:

Tweaked UI skill and EP space formatting (5sec->5 sec). Requires Eng SFX v5!

So that got me a little weary of just going crazy and replacing everything from the getgo. Anyhow, thank you so much for all your hardwork in doing all these language fixes!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
If you are referring to my SFX gpks - Yes you can combine the files. For
Cinematics: English -- Use only Cinematic folder files from ENG v5
Player Classes: Japanese -- Not sure what you mean by the player classes, if you are referring to JPN PC voices, they are not included in the JPN v3 SFX and I think this client can't use voiced emotes from newer Tera versions (not sure about that)
NPCs: Korean -- don't have the Korean client but you can't just copy 64bit gpk from newer client to the 92.03 32bit one - need to do manual import of the NPC sounds :(

Try using NPCSounds from JPNv2 test files, by mistake I included the Korean npc voices in these files:

Eng v7 requires ENG SFX 5 because I tweaked the Argon Queen sound files from page 5/11 to better match the subtitles - you can use the ENG DC without the ENG SFX just fine but two movies will have misaligned subs and the Argon Queen defeat cutscene will abruptly end before sound file ends.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Oh sorry I meant the player job classes - the grunts, etc. that your character makes when attacking.

Also turns out I found an old video of kinda what I was trying to go for.

Thanks for the detailed response (and link!) going to try tinkering with the files with the TeraHelper unpacker.

EDIT:
My apologies but I just downloaded your JPN Test Files zip and noticed there was actually a 'TC Jpn SFX v3' folder inside instead of v2. Just to be extra sure I compared that folder with your latest 'TC Jpn SFX v3' release and noticed they are identical in size. Perhaps the wrong link? ^^; Sorry to be a bother!

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
EDIT:
My apologies but I just downloaded your JPN Test Files zip and noticed there was actually a 'TC Jpn SFX v3' folder inside instead of v2. Just to be extra sure I compared that folder with your latest 'TC Jpn SFX v3' release and noticed they are identical in size. Perhaps the wrong link? ^^; Sorry to be a bother!

Sorry maybe I deleted KR voice files. I downloaded them from thinking that they are Japanese but it turn out to be Korean they were from this webpage

Try opening the NPCSounds with TeraHelper and than preview the ogg until you find the Korean version, Sorry for sending the wrong link :sleep:

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
So i believe it was the latest DC posted by Murasama, where i noticed with Valkyrie, a lot of little squares in the EP perk window (this doesnt happen in the original clean DC)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
So i believe it was the latest DC posted by Murasama, where i noticed with Valkyrie, a lot of little squares in the EP perk window (this doesnt happen in the original clean DC)

Just tested the Murasama DC again with new Valkyrie char and I didn't notice any little squares in EP window. I also compared Murasama's "StrSheet_EpPerkData-0.xml" with my ENG DC v7 xml file and they match identically.
Here is a screenshot from the game:
Sorry for the font difference, I'm using the jpn font currently for work on jpn DC. Try using EUR Font mod files from my first post and see if that resolves the issue.

UPDATE: Here is a second scr with EUR Font Mod:

Last edited:
Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
Just tested the Murasama DC again with new Valkyrie char and I didn't notice any little squares in EP window. I also compared Murasama's "StrSheet_EpPerkData-0.xml" with my ENG DC v7 xml file and they match identically.
Here is a screenshot from the game:
Sorry for the font difference, I'm using the jpn font currently for work on jpn DC. Try using EUR Font mod files from my first post and see if that resolves the issue.

UPDATE: Here is a second scr with EUR Font Mod:

Weird...maybe i mixed up the DC's lol. Do you have a XML exported KR DC?

Back