Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[WIP] EXP Curve changes and Zone Quest Changes

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
This is a little work in progress that I am doing, and thought would be cool to share for those that want to give it a shot and try it.

Last updated: 30 December 2022

Full summary of the changes:
- Added names and tooltips for a lot of dummy boxes and dummy gachas and items.
- Added Shop items to Meruma's Deluxe Fashion Shop Coin (This was a EME thing that had no proper shop at GF)
- Added shop items to Dragon Tokens (This was a EME thing that had no proper shop at GF)
- Renamed Emergency Token 0613-10 back to Hit Parade Token and added the Shop Items(This was a EME thing that had no proper shop at GF)
- Added Shop items for Meruma's Fashion Token
- Raised Maximum EP obtainable from 500 to 600.
- Added Name for item 139356 Which had none just some strange symbols.
- Crystal slots for Mythical gear. (Kaias Ferocity, Fury and Wisdom)
- Shortened some of the gear roll names so they are all more inline and not to long (Example: Changed "Increase Ignore Physical Resistance" to "Ignore Physical Resistance". Its a OCD thing xD)
- Added Echo books to the Tikat shop. (Echo's auto-complete quest segments depending on the name. There seems to be something broken with the Apex Two Banquet ones though)
- Modified EXP required per level for levels 11-65. Did not touch levels 65-70 for now.
- Added EXP reward and 25 Tikat / Federation Bills to side quests.

Here you can find the files with the changes if you want to compile your own DC with them:

EXP Curve and Side quest changes:
Server files:
Client DC Files:

EP Point Changes:
Server files:
Client DC Files:

Item Medal Exchange:
Server files: Item names:
Client DC Files: Shop Items:
Server files: Crystal Slots in Mythical Gear:
Server files:
Client DC files:

Shortened Option names:
Client DC files:

Here a compiled DC EUR file containing all the above changes for those who do not want to / can't compile their own DC
DataCenter_EUR:

Disclaimer:

As always, make backups of your files so you can revert back in case something is not working.
Any feedback you have, good or bad, is appreciated, same as bugs you might find.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Do you have any tools to make these changes, or are you doing them manually?

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
Do you have any tools to make these changes, or are you doing them manually?

Manually. Since they are not linked to any DB tables, I would imagine it would not be so easy to make tools to edit the files needed. Especially since you need to do them both server and client side.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Manually. Since they are not linked to any DB tables, I would imagine it would not be so easy to make tools to edit the files needed. Especially since you need to do them both server and client side.

While learning the datasheet structure, I extracted all the quests data with the quest names, zones, exp, and gold.

I'm also interested in working on a complete overhaul of the progression difficulty, so I might develop a tool to ease the process, just making sure there are no other options.

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
While learning the datasheet structure, I extracted all the quests data with the quest names, zones, exp, and gold.

I'm also interested in working on a complete overhaul of the progression difficulty, so I might develop a tool to ease the process, just making sure there are no other options.

I MEan you could make a tool if you could import / export in the same format.
While Its nice to have the list you psoted, it is kind off missing important info:
Quest level
Existing rewards
Requisites

Also: I am not just overhauling the progression and adding exp, I am also replacing / adding rewards to clean up old ones that arent needed anymore.
EXP from the zone quest will be dependent on the level its for, also adjusting some monster EXP per kill.

I made 2 versions where one of them will additionally have reduced story quest EXP for a more intense grind option.
Right now half way through testing, so far seems alright, if all goes well this week i will post the files for people to try out.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I MEan you could make a tool if you could import / export in the same format.
While Its nice to have the list you psoted, it is kind off missing important info:
Quest level
Existing rewards
Requisites

I could make a second list for the existing rewards. Looking at the diffs in your files I assume the rewards are the items inside the CompensationType element.

I haven't found yet where it's stored the Quest Level and the Requisites.

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
I could make a second list for the existing rewards. Looking at the diffs in your files I assume the rewards are the items inside the CompensationType element.

I haven't found yet where it's stored the Quest Level and the Requisites.

Yes those are the rewards. As for levels you can do it in different ways, file wise, the only level reference you can find is in the compensation as a comment, but thats not true for all, the other is depending on the zone the quest is in since they are divided and labeled like for example 41-47 etc.
Overall changing the quests is pretty time consuming but once you work out a solid base it goes pretty fast.

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
Quick update:

Found a small issue while doing test run of my changes. Should get around to fixing it this weekend, so a tiny delay.

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
Updated original post with new files and other stuff.

Updated original post with new files and other stuff. Feel free to give it a shot!

Updated original post with new files and other stuff. Feel free to give it a shot!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
How can I put this into the client 93.02 and the server ? could you do me a tip?

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
How can I put this into the client 93.02 and the server ? could you do me a tip?

This was made with 100.02 files for 64 bit client / server. So you will very likely not be able to use them on the 92.03.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Great progress, are you doing all these manually? I've been doing a very similar thing. But each step/adjustment done manually is extremly timeconsuming.

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
Great progress, are you doing all these manually? I've been doing a very similar thing. But each step/adjustment done manually is extremly timeconsuming.

Yes manually. Thats why I am waiting on some feedback because next step is adjusting the EXP you get from kills a bit.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Is there anything special I have to do to make the game recognize these? I put the DataCenter_Final_EUR.dat file in client/S1Game/S1Data, replacing the existing file of the same name, and put all the server files in, replacing corresponding files of the same name in the server, then restarted Worldserver. I haven't played Tera for years prior to setting up my server so it's hard to be sure if anything changed, but the side quests I grabbed all didn't have Tikat in the reward list, and I got a box with a weird name, so I'm inclined to believe the changes didn't apply for some reason, but I'm at a loss as to why.

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
Is there anything special I have to do to make the game recognize these? I put the DataCenter_Final_EUR.dat file in client/S1Game/S1Data, replacing the existing file of the same name, and put all the server files in, replacing corresponding files of the same name in the server, then restarted Worldserver. I haven't played Tera for years prior to setting up my server so it's hard to be sure if anything changed, but the side quests I grabbed all didn't have Tikat in the reward list, and I got a box with a weird name, so I'm inclined to believe the changes didn't apply for some reason, but I'm at a loss as to why.

Nothing special, there is also no box reward here. Are you using the 100.02 version? Also make sure to restart everything completely just in case, not just world server.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Nothing special, there is also no box reward here. Are you using the 100.02 version? Also make sure to restart everything completely just in case, not just world server.

Yep, on 100.02, and I did a full restart of everything this morning.

I found the Hit Parade Token shop, and side quests are giving XP rewards, so maybe it's working and I was just getting mixed up on what you change. Were the Tikats and Federation Bills something you added to all side quests or just some? I've only really had a chance to look at side quests in the Fey Forest so far.

Thanks for all your work on this by the way!

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
Yep, on 100.02, and I did a full restart of everything this morning.

I found the Hit Parade Token shop, and side quests are giving XP rewards, so maybe it's working and I was just getting mixed up on what you change. Were the Tikats and Federation Bills something you added to all side quests or just some? I've only really had a chance to look at side quests in the Fey Forest so far.

Thanks for all your work on this by the way!

All side quests (Yellow quests) got added:
25 tikats/federation bills
EXP reward

Some yellow quests were excluded as they werent part of actual side questiong but something else.
If you find any quests missing these let me know, It could be I missed some.

Back