Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[WIP] EXP Curve changes and Zone Quest Changes

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
All side quests (Yellow quests) got added:
25 tikats/federation bills
EXP reward

Some yellow quests were excluded as they werent part of actual side questiong but something else.
If you find any quests missing these let me know, It could be I missed some.

Alright.

Might be a couple more but these are ones I know for sure I did, if they have all the rewards added then something isn't applying properly from my install.

"Ham on the Lam" [227]
"Keeping the Quota" [222]
"Phonon's Flight of Fancy" [228]
"Preserved Meat" [224]
"Ribs to Spare" [223]
"The Tooth, the Whole Tooth" [229]

They had EXP but not Tikats/Federation Bills for me.

Unrelated bit of feedback, but I started a new character and ran through the Stepstone Isle questline, up until I got to Velika, after which I ended up at 10, but the next quest seems to require level 11 so I can't progress without flying out to Crescentia to kill some stuff. It might be good to put the original XP requirements to go from 10 to 11 back so people can play through the intro questline and get send out to Crescentia before flying over there.

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
Alright.

Might be a couple more but these are ones I know for sure I did, if they have all the rewards added then something isn't applying properly from my install.

"Ham on the Lam" [227]
"Keeping the Quota" [222]
"Phonon's Flight of Fancy" [228]
"Preserved Meat" [224]
"Ribs to Spare" [223]
"The Tooth, the Whole Tooth" [229]

They had EXP but not Tikats/Federation Bills for me.

Unrelated bit of feedback, but I started a new character and ran through the Stepstone Isle questline, up until I got to Velika, after which I ended up at 10, but the next quest seems to require level 11 so I can't progress without flying out to Crescentia to kill some stuff. It might be good to put the original XP requirements to go from 10 to 11 back so people can play through the intro questline and get send out to Crescentia before flying over there.

The quests you listed were not changed deliberately for now. I will update them later.
As for the EXP from 10-11, something isnt adding up, I did not have to travel back and forth, I will check on that and well..."fix it" if that is the case.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The quests you listed were not changed deliberately for now. I will update them later.
As for the EXP from 10-11, something isnt adding up, I did not have to travel back and forth, I will check on that and well..."fix it" if that is the case.

Sounds good. Glad to hear it's implemented properly on my end then.

For 10-11, I just know I got out of Stepstone Isle on my new character, turned in the quest that gives the mount in Velika, and then was level 10 and unable to take the next part of the questline. I've been trying to think if I missed something, but not sure how I would've missed much XP prior to that point. There's not really any side quests or anything in Stepstone Isle. Maybe something weird happened thought. I'm not sure when I'll be starting another character, but when I do I'll update with how the XP progression at that range goes then.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
DataCenter

Hello, I'm using shadow's Vm6 server and when i replace datacenter with yours, does it mean i will lose access to all dungeons there?

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
Hello, I'm using shadow's Vm6 server and when i replace datacenter with yours, does it mean i will lose access to all dungeons there?

No. I am using shadows VM aswel. My DataCenter file is the same as the original one from shadow + the changes so you will still have the access to the same dungeons.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thank you for answer. So I used your datacenter, and all server files, but seems that for me crystals slots for mythical weapons doesnt work?

dziobus - [WIP] EXP Curve changes and Zone Quest Changes - RaGEZONE Forums

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
Thank you for answer. So I used your datacenter, and all server files, but seems that for me crystals slots for mythical weapons doesnt work?

What Gear set is it? Did you also use the crystal slot files? They are unlocked only for Kaias Fury, Ferocity and Wisdom sets.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
It's Kaia Wisdom set, and yes I used your crystal slot files, they are unlocked but cant equip crystals

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
It's Kaia Wisdom set, and yes I used your crystal slot files, they are unlocked but cant equip crystals

If you see them unlocked that means the client side is fine so its only server side....I will double check the files just to be sure.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Alright, I just finished leveling 1-65 with these changes implement so figured I'd leave feedback on my experience.

Overall level 1-60 progression felt very good, aside from the issue early on I mentioned previously where I fell behind the main questline after Stepstone Isle. I was generally keeping up with the content while not overleveling it. I did feel like there was still a pretty major discrepancy between side quests and main quests though, which led to a lot of long gaps without getting much XP while doing zones of side quests followed by sometimes gaining multiple levels in short succession when I completed a couple main quests. It'd probably feel like it flowed a bit better if some XP was taken out of main quests and side quests had their XP raised to make up the difference in return, I know that might be a lot of work though, just figured I'd mention it anyways since it was something I noticed.

Side quests especially felt like they fell behind more at higher levels. In early content the XP from them was more meaningful but by the late 50s and especially in Argon War 63-65 content, a standard mob would give more XP than a side quest. Most of the XP I was actually getting from running them came from the associated mob kills rather than the quests themselves and I was mostly doing them because I wanted the Tikat/Federation Bills. (Great addition by the way!)

Golden Labyrinth and Basion of Lok side quests were missing XP and Tikat/Federation Bills. I didn't remember to note them down, but I believe Ebon Tower and Labyrinth of Terror had the same issue.

60-65 progression felt good through the Fate of Arun questline, which took me to around 63. After that is when I started to fall behind a bit. Finishing all the Argon War quests except the final main quest and a couple side quests that also required level 64 still didn't get me from 63 to 64. I was close enough to finish that off with a couple vanguard requests, but that still left me pretty far from 65 and entirely out of quests aside from vanguard requests and dailies.

The main issue I felt was side quest XP as the Argon War storyline doesn't have as many main quests as Fate of Arun but does have a lot of side quests, but the XP on those at this level is pretty low. I would probably leave main quest XP as it is for 60-65 content but buff side quest XP for Argon War.

Great work overall, I really appreciate it!

Back