Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[92.03] Enable vanilla GM system

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
While the QA commands are fun to play with, you may want to use the original GM system. Here are the steps how to enable it:

1. Add a column to store privileges per account
Open the accountdb_2800.accountinfo table and add a "privilege" column with a default value of 0(INT).
Code:
ALTER TABLE accountinfo
ADD COLUMN  privilege INT NOT NULL DEFAULT 0;

To give GM rights to an account, set its privilege to 33.

2. Send privileges to arb_gw
Open "TeraAPI\grails-4.0.3\TeraAPI\grails-app\controllers\com\tera\AccountController.groovy" in a text editor of your choice and find the following line: "select * from AccountInfo where accountDBID = $params.user_srl".
You'll see an array with charCount and isBlocked items below this line. Add "privilege: row.privilege," to the end of the array so that it will look like this:
Code:
charCount: row.charCount,
//lastLoginTime: row.lastLoginTime,
//playTimeLast: row.playTimeLast,
isBlocked: row.isBlocked,
privilege: row.privilege,

Now scroll down a bit. You should see a few lines similar to "result.put("permission", accountInfo.getAt('isBlocked'))". Add an additional line there:

Code:
result.put("privilege", accountInfo.getAt('privilege'))

Save and close the file.

3. Remove the QA hack from the ArbiterServer_m3.exe. (optional step)
The arbiter server has a patch that allows it to accept QA commands regardless of the "qaServer" flag in the DeploymentConfig.xml. To fix this, open the ArbiterServer_m3.exe in a hex editor of your choice and go to offset 4299F4(decimal: 4364788).
You should see these bytes next to your cursor: "BA 01 00 00 00 90 90".
Replace them with the following bytes: "0F B6 15 4E AE C1 00".
Save the file as ArbiterServer_m4 and modify the BAT file accordingly.
Now QA commands won't work unless you turn on the "qaServer" in the DeploymentConfig.xml. This is correct behavior and QA commands should not be available for any character(including GMs) unless the server is running in the QA mode.

All done!

Now start the server and login into your GM account. If you did everything correctly, you will see that your characters have a GM prefix in the lobby. After entering the world, your characters will be invisible and have access to the Game Operator tool via the Alt + A hotkey.

GM accounts are not meant to be played, meaning that you won't be able to deal damage to monsters. The only way to make a GM character playable is to use /@set_go off with the ArbiterServer_m3 or ArbiterServer_m4 in QA mode.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
How can I enable so that no one can use GM commands except those with privilege 33, please help me with this

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
How can I enable so that no one can use GM commands except those with privilege 33, please help me with this

Read the step #3 of this guide.

Alternatively you can setup the ArbiterHook to your account.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i know but this step 3 said: Now QA commands won't work unless you turn on the "qaServer" in the DeploymentConfig.xml. This is correct behavior and QA commands should not be available for any character(including GMs) unless the server is running in the QA mode.
and true when i edit this i cant use gm commands

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
i know but this step 3 said: Now QA commands won't work unless you turn on the "qaServer" in the DeploymentConfig.xml. This is correct behavior and QA commands should not be available for any character(including GMs) unless the server is running in the QA mode.
and true when i edit this i cant use gm commands

If you have edit privileges correctly, GM commands are available with ctrl+A
The other commands you were typing before doing venomk manipulation are the QAcommands not GM which are disabled by the boolean in deploymentConfig.
If you wish to reactivate QAcommands, go in this deployment file, and set qaServer="true".

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
While the QA commands are fun to play with, you may want to use the original GM system. Here are the steps how to enable it:

1. Add a column to store privileges per account
Open the accountdb_2800.accountinfo table and add a "privilege" column with a default value of 0(INT).
Code:
ALTER TABLE accountinfo
ADD COLUMN  privilege INT NOT NULL DEFAULT 0;

To give GM rights to an account, set its privilege to 33.

2. Send privileges to arb_gw
Open "TeraAPI\grails-4.0.3\TeraAPI\grails-app\controllers\com\tera\AccountController.groovy" in a text editor of your choice and find the following line: "select * from AccountInfo where accountDBID = $params.user_srl".
You'll see an array with charCount and isBlocked items below this line. Add "privilege: row.privilege," to the end of the array so that it will look like this:
Code:
charCount: row.charCount,
//lastLoginTime: row.lastLoginTime,
//playTimeLast: row.playTimeLast,
isBlocked: row.isBlocked,
privilege: row.privilege,

Now scroll down a bit. You should see a few lines similar to "result.put("permission", accountInfo.getAt('isBlocked'))". Add an additional line there:

Code:
result.put("privilege", accountInfo.getAt('privilege'))

Save and close the file.

3. Remove the QA hack from the ArbiterServer_m3.exe. (optional step)
The arbiter server has a patch that allows it to accept QA commands regardless of the "qaServer" flag in the DeploymentConfig.xml. To fix this, open the ArbiterServer_m3.exe in a hex editor of your choice and go to offset 4299F4(decimal: 4364788).
You should see these bytes next to your cursor: "BA 01 00 00 00 90 90".
Replace them with the following bytes: "0F B6 15 4E AE C1 00".
Save the file as ArbiterServer_m4 and modify the BAT file accordingly.
Now QA commands won't work unless you turn on the "qaServer" in the DeploymentConfig.xml. This is correct behavior and QA commands should not be available for any character(including GMs) unless the server is running in the QA mode.

All done!

Now start the server and login into your GM account. If you did everything correctly, you will see that your characters have a GM prefix in the lobby. After entering the world, your characters will be invisible and have access to the Game Operator tool via the Alt + A hotkey.

GM accounts are not meant to be played, meaning that you won't be able to deal damage to monsters. The only way to make a GM character playable is to use /@set_go off with the ArbiterServer_m3 or ArbiterServer_m4 in QA mode.

So on the version I've downloaded, "privilege" was already in the database. I changed it to 33, but no luck. What's strange is I cannot find the file
"TeraAPI\grails-4.0.3\TeraAPI\grails-app\controllers\com\tera\AccountController.groovy"
Doesn't exist. Server runs normal everyone can log in, though.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have found mine in the specified location, weird if yours isn't there

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Where can I find accountdb_2800.accountinfo ? I do not have such database on my server:

519f450bb9c86b3bac79e32ede3d8c26 - [92.03] Enable vanilla GM system - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Where can I find accountdb_2800.accountinfo ? I do not have such database on my server:

519f450bb9c86b3bac79e32ede3d8c26 - [92.03] Enable vanilla GM system - RaGEZONE Forums

Its on the mysql server, not MSSQL one, access it using either phpmyadmn or heidi, w.e works for you.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Are you using VM 92.03? If yes, you should access MySQL as in the image...
The Vm has Navicat premium installed.

VenoMKO - [92.03] Enable vanilla GM system - RaGEZONE Forums

Thanks! Last question, where do I get the ArbiterServer_m3.exe ? I only have ArbiterServer.exe

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Can I use webapp's admin tool to give my charater to gm ?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I use the 100.02 version and I have some issues. I can't find the TeraAPI folder at all. I lready turned on QA in the DeployConfig to true. How can I fix this?

Back