Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Tera 100.02 (VM on LAN) - How to configure VM for local network play

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
OK so here's how I did the server setup for LAN. I also verified that multiple PCs with the same (copied/identical) client connects to the server running on the VM from other real PCs on the same network. I was able to play a 4-person group the other night with my family.

This guide is written for works with v100.02 Installation Guide by Murasama located HERE:
https://forum.ragezone.com/f798/pdf-primer-for-setting-up-1205925/

This method also works with the 92.03 VM posted by Robyson here (but the setup and IPs are in different places in the server files):
https://forum.ragezone.com/f797/92-03-vmware-1198583/

NOTE that "online" is not the same thing as "LAN" and thats not the same as "offline".

Online == Players from the internet and not on the same local network can connect.
LAN == Players from the internet CANNOT join, but others on your same router/home network/wifi can.
Offline == Same as solo play. Only the same hostPC running the VM can connect (aka localhost).

1. In the VmWare settings/properties for the server itself. Before you power on the VM...

Change the Network Adapter from NAT to Bridged: Connect directly to the physical network. Also check mark "replicate physical network connection state" too. (explained on step 6/page 2 in the PDF).

Note: The setup guides all say to use NAT, but with that setting, the server VM only pulls a subnet IP and only works on the localhost PC. IT must be BRIDGED for LAN play.

Once it is Bridged the VM can receive an automatic DHCP local network IP address such as 192.168.1.xxx, which should be what your other PCs on your network/LAN should be pulling too...

2. Start the VM.
Open a command prompt (CMD) and use ipconfig command to verify the VM has a 192.168.1.xxx IP address.

• IF YES, verify that the VM can connect to the internet (speedtest.net, run a connection test).
  • IF YES, verify that the VM can connect to another local PC on the same network using \\otherpcnname and see any shared folders...etc.
  • Alternatively you can try the command in the prompt for "ping 192.168.1.xxx" from one PC to the VM or from the VM to any real PC...etc.

IF NO to any above, run the network troubleshooter/diagnostic OR manually set the network adapter's properties to obtain an IP automatically and retest the above. I had to do this on my fresh VM when setting up the server VM for the first time as it wasn't set to obtain an automatic IP in the VM's OS.

3. Change your server and launcher IPs.
If your VM is now pulling a LAN IP address staring with 192.168.1.xxx (same as your other PCs on the same network, ideally), now you need to set the VM's server IPs to the LAN IP.

• Check D:\Server\arb_gw\confg_ar_gw.txt (both lines 5 and 6). leave hub_ip alone on line 1.
  • Check D:\Server\Executable\Bin\DeploymentConfig.xml (line 23, PDF page4)
  • Check D:\tera-api\.env (line 29, PDF page 4, step 8) (I am also using port 8090 as in the PDF)
  • Change your Launcher.EXE using resource hacker program and set your IPs in that (step 10, page 5 in PDF)
  • Start SQL Management Studio and be sure to set the IP address is correct there for the TCP/IP setting (step 11, page 6 of PDF)

4. After all that, start the Tera server on the VM according to the PDF in the correct order.

5. Try starting Tera and connecting to TeraServer from the HOST PC (if your host is running the VM) with the modified Launcher... Be sure to allow Tera through the firewalls when prompted.

6. IF all is working at this point, COPY the Tera client to another PC that is not the VM or HostPC, see if it can connect also.

Optional (I did NOT have to forward any ports on my router in my VM server setup, but I left the firewall off/disabled inside the VM as the PDF says.), it may also help if you forward the ports 7401, 7501, 7600-7602, 7702, 7801-7803, 7802, 7901, 8800, 8081, 8082, 8090, 11001, 10001 to the VM's LAN IP address.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thank you so much for putting all this detail into explaining how to do this. I’ve scoured far and wide trying to figure it out on my own. I will try this the moment I get the chance to and let you know if I get into any hiccups along the way.

UPDATE:
Mission Accomplished! TYVM! <3

Last edited:
Reaction score
i did not test 100.02 server.

but i test updated 92.03 and works on VM on Lan and from Wan

for 92.03 that is updated by argeus99 you will need go to accountdb open table serverlist and just replace local IP to that what VM already have, apply all changes and restart VM.

After that insert VM IP in the launcher.

Reaction score
For make it work LAN/WAN without keeping firewall off, just open

For enable external connections for MSSQL: 1433
For enable external connections for MYSQL: 3306
WebApp: whatever the port you choose in IIS: Ex: 5050
slayerjerman - Tera 100.02 (VM on LAN) - How to configure VM for local network play - RaGEZONE Forums

LAN/WAN play: 7801 and **8090

** Change this port for the one you choose in the .env api file API_PORTAL_LISTEN_PORT=XXXX

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
hi,
thanks alot for this guide.
please help. I have 2 issues, I dont know if they are related or not but,
Firstly, my World Server crash, from the log it says :
Arbiter-server session disconnected.

Second problem is, after logging in the laucnher and I press play, I got an error that says :
Error 275 (2) Tera.exe Execution failed.

Please help! Thanks in advance.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
OK so here's how I did the server setup for LAN. I also verified that multiple PCs with the same (copied/identical) client connects to the server running on the VM from other real PCs on the same network. I was able to play a 4-person group the other night with my family.

This guide is written for works with v100.02 Installation Guide by Murasama located HERE:
https://forum.ragezone.com/f798/pdf-primer-for-setting-up-1205925/

This method also works with the 92.03 VM posted by Robyson here (but the setup and IPs are in different places in the server files):
https://forum.ragezone.com/f797/92-03-vmware-1198583/

NOTE that "online" is not the same thing as "LAN" and thats not the same as "offline".

Online == Players from the internet and not on the same local network can connect.
LAN == Players from the internet CANNOT join, but others on your same router/home network/wifi can.
Offline == Same as solo play. Only the same hostPC running the VM can connect (aka localhost).

1. In the VmWare settings/properties for the server itself. Before you power on the VM...

Change the Network Adapter from NAT to Bridged: Connect directly to the physical network. Also check mark "replicate physical network connection state" too. (explained on step 6/page 2 in the PDF).

Note: The setup guides all say to use NAT, but with that setting, the server VM only pulls a subnet IP and only works on the localhost PC. IT must be BRIDGED for LAN play.

Once it is Bridged the VM can receive an automatic DHCP local network IP address such as 192.168.1.xxx, which should be what your other PCs on your network/LAN should be pulling too...

2. Start the VM.
Open a command prompt (CMD) and use ipconfig command to verify the VM has a 192.168.1.xxx IP address.

• IF YES, verify that the VM can connect to the internet (speedtest.net, run a connection test).
  • IF YES, verify that the VM can connect to another local PC on the same network using \\otherpcnname and see any shared folders...etc.
  • Alternatively you can try the command in the prompt for "ping 192.168.1.xxx" from one PC to the VM or from the VM to any real PC...etc.

IF NO to any above, run the network troubleshooter/diagnostic OR manually set the network adapter's properties to obtain an IP automatically and retest the above. I had to do this on my fresh VM when setting up the server VM for the first time as it wasn't set to obtain an automatic IP in the VM's OS.

3. Change your server and launcher IPs.
If your VM is now pulling a LAN IP address staring with 192.168.1.xxx (same as your other PCs on the same network, ideally), now you need to set the VM's server IPs to the LAN IP.

• Check D:\Server\arb_gw\confg_ar_gw.txt (both lines 5 and 6). leave hub_ip alone on line 1.
  • Check D:\Server\Executable\Bin\DeploymentConfig.xml (line 23, PDF page4)
  • Check D:\tera-api\.env (line 29, PDF page 4, step 8) (I am also using port 8090 as in the PDF)
  • Change your Launcher.EXE using resource hacker program and set your IPs in that (step 10, page 5 in PDF)
  • Start SQL Management Studio and be sure to set the IP address is correct there for the TCP/IP setting (step 11, page 6 of PDF)

4. After all that, start the Tera server on the VM according to the PDF in the correct order.

5. Try starting Tera and connecting to TeraServer from the HOST PC (if your host is running the VM) with the modified Launcher... Be sure to allow Tera through the firewalls when prompted.

6. IF all is working at this point, COPY the Tera client to another PC that is not the VM or HostPC, see if it can connect also.

Optional (I did NOT have to forward any ports on my router in my VM server setup, but I left the firewall off/disabled inside the VM as the PDF says.), it may also help if you forward the ports 7401, 7501, 7600-7602, 7702, 7801-7803, 7802, 7901, 8800, 8081, 8082, 8090, 11001, 10001 to the VM's LAN IP address.

Hello Bro , What can I do if wanna put my server online? is the same method?

Back