Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Is there any guide how to see/edit Tera 3d Models?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I know Aura Kingdom 3d models can be edited using nifskope/quickbms, is there a way to edit or to see 3d models on Tera files? TIA.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yes, you must first download UE Viewer if you want to see it in 3d max you must download from that same page the (run script) ActorX Importer ,,,I bothered to make a guide on how to use this because it cost me and I did not
elkolokoy01 - Is there any guide how to see/edit Tera 3d Models? - RaGEZONE Forums
find very understandable tutorials, and this will help more people to do wonders of mods or anything incredible .

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Sure

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
im really new in these 3d world, did you guys happened to know if there's any video tutorial how to edit 3d object from tera files?

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
oh that's unfortunate, i guess i can try what the other guys commented thanks again!

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I know Aura Kingdom 3d models can be edited using nifskope/quickbms, is there a way to edit or to see 3d models on Tera files? TIA.

You can use my tool to view, export and import meshes in Tera. To edit something you will need to export it to fbx. Edit the fbx file in Maya or Max and import it back

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Dude, awesome job with this tool !
Btw are you gonna look into the updates to the pacakges format for the x64 client?

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks.
Yep, ill look x64 as soon as i get the client. I think packages wont change dramatically. I expect offsets, sizes and maybe obj indices to become qword.

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Btw VenoMKO, for editing the maps , what exactly needs to be recooked or it can be done just by editing the position of actors or adding of new static meshees and creating new actors.
Does the collision stuff needs rebaking/recooking, what about other stuff in the level, what exactly modifying the level implies?
Thanks!

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
For adding a new mesh that does not exists in the map you would need to force export that mesh with all of its dependencies(materials, textures, sockets...) into your target gmp.
Next step would be to create an actor with a component(s) and add it to the PersistenLevel's actors table. At this point your object should be visible.
Collisions are stored in the mesh itself so it should not be a problem unless you import something completely new.
Worst case scenario would be to generate kDOPs or RB_BodySetup for your new mesh.
Here is an example of BodySetup:
Dma4phl - Is there any guide how to see/edit Tera 3d Models? - RaGEZONE Forums

Moving objects around is the most simple part. You just need to edit it's position property. Since collisions are bind to the mesh there is no need to update them.
To get perfect results you would also need to somehow modify level's lightmaps and generate new shadowmaps for your mesh.
All of this is possible but will require a lot of time to implement and keeping package structure intact is pain in the butt.
RE should handle simple map edits unless there is a Terrain in the package. In this case offsets will be broken and Tera will crash.
Right now I am focused on exporting levels to UE4 as close as possible to the original, so gmp cooking is not finished.
I tried to move away invisible collision walls around a level and RE did it perfectly but doing something more complex is risky.
BTW is there a tool that will export DC to xml format? I am looking for a list of PPMs for all levels and I don't thinks they are stored in packages.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I see, maybe in the feature we could work on a tool for that, starting with just repositioning static meshees.
You can use this tool to dump the DC to xml or json .
And i think you are looking for this

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You can use my tool to view, export and import meshes in Tera. To edit something you will need to export it to fbx. Edit the fbx file in Maya or Max and import it back

Nice ill try this one right now!

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
now that tera online is 64 bits the gpk files were moved from place (CookedPC), and the UVIEWER does not work in this new version of tera to extract the 3d models, does anyone know how to extract them?

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
now that tera online is 64 bits the gpk files were moved from place (CookedPC), and the UVIEWER does not work in this new version of tera to extract the 3d models, does anyone know how to extract them?

I plan to implement export to *.fbx in a few weeks.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I loveeeeee now you have to take advantage of and take out the 3d tera 64 bits models to import them into other games or make modifications

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I've added FBX export for skeletal meshes(e.g., costumes, NPCs). Static meshes(e.g., weapons, props) will come soon. Also, there is no model preview atm.
Guide on how to export models:

Upvote 0
Back