Is there any guide how to see/edit Tera 3d Models?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    MemberRank
    Apr 2020 Join Date
    7Posts

I know Aura Kingdom 3d models can be edited using nifskope/quickbms, is there a way to edit or to see 3d models on Tera files? TIA.

MemberRank
    Jan 2015 Join Date
    14Posts

Re: Is there any guide how to see/edit Tera 3d Models?

Yes, you must first download UE Viewer https://www.gildor.org/en/projects/umodel if you want to see it in 3d max you must download from that same page the (run script) ActorX Importer https://www.gildor.org/projects/unactorx ,,,I bothered to make a guide on how to use this because it cost me and I did not find very understandable tutorials, and this will help more people to do wonders of mods or anything incredible .

MemberRank
    Apr 2020 Join Date
    1Posts

MemberRank
    Apr 2020 Join Date
    7Posts

im really new in these 3d world, did you guys happened to know if there's any video tutorial how to edit 3d object from tera files?

MemberRank
    Nov 2019 Join Date
    SwedenLocation
    118Posts

Quote Originally Posted by elkolokoy01 View Post
    im really new in these 3d world, did you guys happened to know if there's any video tutorial how to edit 3d object from tera files?
    Not that i've seen...atleast yet
    Smile to the world and the world might smile back!

MemberRank
    Apr 2020 Join Date
    7Posts

oh that's unfortunate, i guess i can try what the other guys commented thanks again!

MemberRank
    Feb 2016 Join Date
    9Posts

Quote Originally Posted by elkolokoy01 View Post
    I know Aura Kingdom 3d models can be edited using nifskope/quickbms, is there a way to edit or to see 3d models on Tera files? TIA.
    You can use my tool https://github.com/VenoMKO/Real-Editor to view, export and import meshes in Tera. To edit something you will need to export it to fbx. Edit the fbx file in Maya or Max and import it back

MemberRank
    Jun 2016 Join Date
    Timisoara,RomanLocation
    127Posts

Dude, awesome job with this tool !
    Btw are you gonna look into the updates to the pacakges format for the x64 client?

MemberRank
    Feb 2016 Join Date
    9Posts

Thanks.
    Yep, ill look x64 as soon as i get the client. I think packages wont change dramatically. I expect offsets, sizes and maybe obj indices to become qword.

MemberRank
    Jun 2016 Join Date
    Timisoara,RomanLocation
    127Posts

Awesome, keep up the good work!

MemberRank
    Jun 2016 Join Date
    Timisoara,RomanLocation
    127Posts

Btw @VenoMKO, for editing the maps , what exactly needs to be recooked or it can be done just by editing the position of actors or adding of new static meshees and creating new actors.
    Does the collision stuff needs rebaking/recooking, what about other stuff in the level, what exactly modifying the level implies?
    Thanks!

MemberRank
    Feb 2016 Join Date
    9Posts

For adding a new mesh that does not exists in the map you would need to force export that mesh with all of its dependencies(materials, textures, sockets...) into your target gmp.
    Next step would be to create an actor with a component(s) and add it to the PersistenLevel's actors table. At this point your object should be visible.
    Collisions are stored in the mesh itself so it should not be a problem unless you import something completely new.
    Worst case scenario would be to generate kDOPs or RB_BodySetup for your new mesh.
    Here is an example of BodySetup:

Moving objects around is the most simple part. You just need to edit it's position property. Since collisions are bind to the mesh there is no need to update them.
    To get perfect results you would also need to somehow modify level's lightmaps and generate new shadowmaps for your mesh.
    All of this is possible but will require a lot of time to implement and keeping package structure intact is pain in the butt.
    RE should handle simple map edits unless there is a Terrain in the package. In this case offsets will be broken and Tera will crash.
    Right now I am focused on exporting levels to UE4 as close as possible to the original, so gmp cooking is not finished.
    I tried to move away invisible collision walls around a level and RE did it perfectly but doing something more complex is risky.
    BTW is there a tool that will export DC to xml format? I am looking for a list of PPMs for all levels and I don't thinks they are stored in packages.

MemberRank
    Feb 2016 Join Date
    9Posts

duplicate
    Last edited by VenoMKO; 05-06-20 at 06:14 AM.

MemberRank
    Jun 2016 Join Date
    Timisoara,RomanLocation
    127Posts

I see, maybe in the feature we could work on a tool for that, starting with just repositioning static meshees.
    You can use this tool to dump the DC to xml or json https://github.com/gothos-folly/TeraDataTools.
    And i think you are looking for this
    https://prnt.sc/smc74n
    Last edited by narcis96; 23-05-20 at 03:36 PM.

MemberRank
    Apr 2020 Join Date
    7Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VenoMKO View Post
    You can use my tool https://github.com/VenoMKO/Real-Editor to view, export and import meshes in Tera. To edit something you will need to export it to fbx. Edit the fbx file in Maya or Max and import it back
    Nice ill try this one right now!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Advertisement