Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Top current mainstream games and their pros and cons

Staff member
Reaction score
Let’s start this off with a bang on what would we consider the current too games via mainstream. Why you’d recommend it to myself or others and what’s the pros and negatives. As I’m always looking for something brand new to play but am usually always getting lost for when browsing the steam store or so…

so my idea is to see what you lot might have in mind for me and others to possibly try out!

I’m gonna start off with an absolutely overwhelming game which is always discussed without a doubt and that’ll be League of Legends. This game is known for the most top rated MOBA currently going. So if you’re looking for that long term grind, then this is your one way ticket!

So starting off with the positives. It’s definitely time consuming for those who want something to occupy themselves with. It can also be enjoyable with friends if you’re running in a group specially… now the negatives.

It’s quite simple to explain the biggest negative and that’s the toxic community, however there’s nothing new there as the majority of communities are usually toxic anyway. The game can also be extremely unfair to newer players due to smurfing and let alone trolls.

Reaction score
My today's list:
  • Chess - no reasons why - probably bobby fischer also approves ^
  • Diablo - Just... addictive.
  • Red Dead Redemption private servers
  • Minecraft
  • Warzone - it's cool to play with friends

Am I behind the times?

Private servers in gaming can be beneficial for me, as I mainly play offline games and therefore do not have much exposure to game communities.

Voyager of Time and Space
Reaction score
#1- Genshin Impact. Played it when it first launched, kind of funny how it became my most played game when I bashed it so much at launch. It's just fun and it's casual, and the game doesn't force me to play too much each day, while being entertained enough to be the only game I play that day. It's a great equalizer, it's fun as a casual 10-15 min a day grind, and equally fun if you take the grind seriously.

#2- Path of Exile, I try to avoid this game as much as possible, but the bad habits immediately kick in wheneve I get in the flow of building a character and then farming endlessly. It's hard to beat this one as it's either a #1 or #2 for me. This used to be D2's spot.

#3- Shadowverse, Weeb Hearthstone, what can I say? It's selling point is it's more faster paced than hearthstone.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
For my personal life:
Rust - Its a fun survival game, you can do mindless farming, building or pvp. (high player count)

Osrs - The classic version of Runescape, great for mindless grinding while watching YouTube or Netflix. (high player count)

MW2 - First COD ive enjoyed for awhile. Its not much like the old one but its a fun shooter to jump on for a few games per day. (high player count)

Back