Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Official Habbo slowly going the way of HTML5 or other than Flash?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
What if Habbo goes mobile only? I know they will lose many users, but if they focus their development only on mobile platforms so that they don't need to make it HTML5?

Reaction score
Just to clarify. If Habbo will be recoded, it will be WebGL, not just "HTML5". But it's still unlikely. It requires new team, which they don't have + they will have to rewrite mobile apps.

For some reason I find this strange, saying it's not just "HTML5". When a client, for example Jabbo, is made with HTML5. That doesn't mean it's just div's everywhere, it could also be WebGL, or another any other context API or method specified by W3. In the end it will always be HTML5.

I believe someone mentioned Sulake was/is searching for someone who knows Unity. It could mean they're doing something with that, and after that publish it to HTML5 (just a guess). It also solves the rewriting mobile app issue.

Edit: it was actually you who mentioned it xD

Reaction score
Goodbye Habbo, it was a great run. Good ol' days, boosting accounts on retros to get hundreds of GB's and becoming rich. Sadly it's died so much to the point where I've lost all interest.

It's exciting to see what may happen for Habbo, whether it be going completely mobile or merging over to another language, such as HTML. It's such a shame though how a good game goes from being so popular to just a mere memory. I will always have a soft spot for Habbo, regardless of how old I get. I think we should all either move on, or help one another in this community, because it really is dying.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Goodbye Habbo, it was a great run. Good ol' days, boosting accounts on retros to get hundreds of GB's and becoming rich. Sadly it's died so much to the point where I've lost all interest.

It's exciting to see what may happen for Habbo, whether it be going completely mobile or merging over to another language, such as HTML. It's such a shame though how a good game goes from being so popular to just a mere memory. I will always have a soft spot for Habbo, regardless of how old I get. I think we should all either move on, or help one another in this community, because it really is dying.

To be honest I've always wondered why any good programmer on this community has tried to go on with the MobileAPI, I don't really know how it works but I guess it must run the same packets as the 'desktop version', as it's on the same .SWF.

It's definitely not the best way to scape from the fact that Flash will die in 2020 but at least there would be the option to keep playing Habbo on a stable platform.

As far as I remember someone managed to make the handshake on the Mobile version, but I don't remember anything else appart from that.

Cheers.

Reaction score
To be honest I've always wondered why any good programmer on this community has tried to go on with the MobileAPI, I don't really know how it works but I guess it must run the same packets as the 'desktop version', as it's on the same .SWF.

It's definitely not the best way to scape from the fact that Flash will die in 2020 but at least there would be the option to keep playing Habbo on a stable platform.

As far as I remember someone managed to make the handshake on the Mobile version, but I don't remember anything else appart from that.

Cheers.
Mobile Habbo works absolutely the same as PC one.

git bisect -m
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Cheers.

Mr handshake guy: Droppy

Reaction score

Cheers.

I did make a basic emulator for mobile with most basic features. It's not exactly the same as the desktop version though, at least the version I've done it for (first versions of Habbo Air for iPad).

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I did make a basic emulator for mobile with most basic features. It's not exactly the same as the desktop version though, at least the version I've done it for (first versions of Habbo Air for iPad).

Where can I find that tho bro?
I'd really like to see how it works.

Cheers.

Reaction score
Unfortunately most people in this community tend to keep things to themselves rather than sharing them; in which most work ends up forgotten, or even lost. If more people actually shared the knowledge, I'm sure it'd encourage a lot more people.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Unfortunately most people in this community tend to keep things to themselves rather than sharing them; in which most work ends up forgotten, or even lost. If more people actually shared the knowledge, I'm sure it'd encourage a lot more people.

I preach that

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Because back then there were not many people developing on Habbo so they shared their work in public, and it did encourage a lot of selfish people...

Back