Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Official Russian Bots Taking Over Habbo Hotel

Reaction score
Well, I hope that title got your attention.

Upon a visit on Habbo Hotel tonight, I came accross this strange room titled "experiment room". Upon entering this strangely titled room with over 35 players, I noticed that not one single damn person was talking, despite everyone walking around... And then the pin dropped.

The only logical explanation for all these random bot accounts walking around could possibly be to test the new client (HTML5?), hence why a report to Habbo's moderators went answered and no bans. It only makes sense, right?

Having a look at majority of these accounts, they all have the same 26th or 28th registration date as well as a few with random dates here and there. They're all joined to a group called"Imperial Russian Army".

Now, with all that being said; if you look at the image above & navigate your eyes to the avatar on the bottom left hand of the screen with the medical mask on; he seems to be cycling through the different colours for his jumper.

DbzXGFS - Russian Bots Taking Over Habbo Hotel - RaGEZONE Forums

I also notice that his motto changes as well, which is quite random. The motto seems to change every time the colour of the jumper is changing, a few examples of the random mottos are: BaaBaDeD acaBecBa BDeDeBDa BaeDBccc aeaaeceD caaBeccB DBcBcBca

The only thing I can't wrap my head around is that the room owner's favorite group is "Russian Forces" - with the following description:
qYmhOib - Russian Bots Taking Over Habbo Hotel - RaGEZONE Forums
"You know you love us"

There's a lot of inconsistencies and a lot more down the rabbit hole, I don't want to get too deep in this post - as the group members are making my head spin, although the only logical reasoning behind all this is back-end testing of some sorts. I'm not sure what exactly, though they're definitely testing something, again, I can only assume the new client (HTML5?). No one's talking, except for the real members who pop-in the room, just as confused as I.

I am genuinely interested to hear everyone else's thoughts on this. Or am I just completely blowing this out of proportion? I doubt that this is result of something malicious.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
This is unrelated. They have a sandbox for testing.

On the subject of MOD's not doing anything -- that's because they honestly don't care about player base.
There's no business incentive to care.

Reaction score
I don't see how this could be related to the new client. For me it sounds more like a Pools Closed party...

What are your thoughts on this? Do you believe it's bots for malicious purposes?

This is unrelated. They have a sandbox for testing.

On the subject of MOD's not doing anything -- that's because they honestly don't care about player base.
There's no business incentive to care.

That's what I was aware of, the fact that they have sandbox, although wouldn't it make sense to test cross-compatibility with the live hotel? I don't know. Maybe it is unofficial and just some random person doing their own thing, though it's still intriguing.

Someone's trayning his bot to annoy people in the hotel... ;)

Well so far none of these bots have been used for malicious purposes, it's quite random. None of these bots were talking, and only some of them were moving around at one given time.. Strange! This guy is still going with his colour-changing jumper in his room.

I think it's kind of funny these things happen, like it has no point. Habbo is kind of dead for a big part so those bot "raids" or whatever they're trying are pretty useless.

That definitely makes sense, the staff are genuinely pretty useless and fail to take action against some serious rule-breakers. I didn't think you could still script on Habbo/run bots like this, I thought those days were over? Hence my thoughts why this may be official testing.

Reaction score
That definitely makes sense, the staff are genuinely pretty useless and fail to take action against some serious rule-breakers. I didn't think you could still script on Habbo/run bots like this, I thought those days were over? Hence my thoughts why this may be official testing.

Though developers usually don't test features in a live environment, in my head, them testing on Habbo.com instead of a development environment makes no sense. Unless they would open a private BETA which AFAIK isn't the case.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
This is clearly a 3rd-party bot program developed by someone with a bit of scripting background, not official dev test. As for the motto changing, that is achieved by "injecting" byte 9 to pretty much any string sent to server (room name, motto etc.) and client then renders it randomly as any of the next characters: aeBCD. There's handful of people with access to such programs as far I know and it's not too hard to code, to be honest.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Good to put some clarity behind the whole situation; as I was genuinely unsure as to whether or not this was related to the new client or if it was some third-party script kiddie. None the less, was still pretty funny to see. Thanks for the input guys and gals :)

Back