Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Private How can you integrate Habbo Retros with social media?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello,

Since todays kids is more interested in Social Media than Online Flash Games. How can you integrate them into eachother the best way?

I mean, not just add a "Login with Facebook" thing, something more.

Just an example. When you send a friend request to someone ingame, you also send them one on Facebook?

That's a horrible example, but you understand what I mean.

How can you integrate Habbo Retros with social media for real?

Any ideas?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
A chat app (for your phone) which connects to the private chat of your hotel might be nice

Already exists - discord, if you have a discord plugin API that can update realtime of the clients activity etc into the chat (Already exists kinda for arcturus)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Why integrate it into social media, when the game is based of being one kind of social media? OK, maybe not, but the logic is there. It's a game only made possible because of the socialization. The rest is just addons to that one concept. (another hot topic: why would one user choose to enter a retro if that retro has a Discord guild which appears more active? it becomes the same thing, just different platforms, with pros and cons)

I don't think it's fairly possible to win back the previous audience of Habbo (including official, and retros). If you ask me, you should focus more on harvesting new users to the whole Habbo concept, but the retro community was never good at this. We failed to create an introduction to how Habbo works. Habbo figured it out, they used Frank to create interactive questions when you first register. Retros? You're sent into a room and expected to know everything and what every icon means.

I'm overthinking this by far but this is a strong observation I've made, based on what I've received as feedback from people who have never before played Habbo, who tried my HTML5 client as recently as last week. And the worst part is that I completely agree.

To move back on topic a bit: kids these days doesn't use Facebook, Twitter, etc. They use Tiktok and whatnot. Facebook is old news in 2021. Focus on knowing your audience to understand how to build up a higher traffic rate.

Reaction score
Why integrate it into social media, when the game is based of being one kind of social media? OK, maybe not, but the logic is there. It's a game only made possible because of the socialization. The rest is just addons to that one concept. (another hot topic: why would one user choose to enter a retro if that retro has a Discord guild which appears more active? it becomes the same thing, just different platforms, with pros and cons)

I don't think it's fairly possible to win back the previous audience of Habbo (including official, and retros). If you ask me, you should focus more on harvesting new users to the whole Habbo concept, but the retro community was never good at this. We failed to create an introduction to how Habbo works. Habbo figured it out, they used Frank to create interactive questions when you first register. Retros? You're sent into a room and expected to know everything and what every icon means.

I'm overthinking this by far but this is a strong observation I've made, based on what I've received as feedback from people who have never before played Habbo, who tried my HTML5 client as recently as last week. And the worst part is that I completely agree.

To move back on topic a bit: kids these days doesn't use Facebook, Twitter, etc. They use Tiktok and whatnot. Facebook is old news in 2021. Focus on knowing your audience to understand how to build up a higher traffic rate.

Much agreement with this.

I ran an ad-campaign some years ago when I was running retros, this saw a spike in engagement over the course of the campaign, which also bought new users to the game. This was a Facebook campaign targeted to a specific demographic.

Times have changed, and if we were to target Facebook advertisements, I'm doubtful they would yield the desired outcome.

Unfortunately, the world is going in a completely different direction to Flash/Browser games, and we're progressing to a mobile world. The integration of any third-party services, especially Facebook, is hopeless and in my eyes, simply a waste of time for a Habbo Retro.

The fact that one has to ask a public forum how to implement social media to their game already says something.

So to answer your question FunHotel, if you want to implement social media, you need to utilize the available API's and systems provided by such platforms, IE: Facebook. We can not help you with this, and you're on your own. You may need to speak or consult with a web developer if you're not certain. I doubt anyone here can help.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Creating a "social network" inside the game will be much more productive. In other words, to make communication between players so convenient, players use internal tools, not external messengers or social networks. For the same reason, Instagram once came up with Direct. Perhaps the only ones who have not yet used such a model are TikTok, although perhaps they have their reasons. It's still much easier to get subscribers there than on Instagram, thanks to . Or you can provide some exclusive information to users who log in via social networks.

Back