Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Private The General, Sirius and the community [discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
And the drama of such a game continues.

How silly does it get. One is free to do what they please with their work, they can rename it countless times, they can sell it, make plugins, block people from using it. Why? Because it's theirs. Happens in the real world, look around yourself. The creator has the power, don't like it? Simple, make your own. Isn't that why retros were created in the first place ?? The constructive criticism is good and valid points are made, but if you're just hating on the guy then you're suffering from jealousy that he can create all this and your "hotel c0der" can't. That's sad.
youre talking to people who's been around longer than yourself, acting like my "hotel c0der" cant, when in fact im one of the most renowned developers around here, that's at least still active
but nice try

now we got that out of the way, back to the real debate

the thing we're "dramaing" about, is the fact that a terribly developer who barely has finished his CS classes, thinks he's the best developer in the world, hence why he close sourced his project.
Arcturus was originally a uber port, hence why the terrible code, the sole reason im against arcturus is that its closed source, so that I cant contribute to the original project

-hence why "morningstar" is such a success, people needs updates, updates that he can't do, because he fails at simple code

Last edited:
Reaction score
One is free to do what they please with their work, they can rename it countless times, they can sell it, make plugins, block people from using it. Why? Because it's theirs. Happens in the real world, look around yourself. The creator has the power, don't like it? Simple, make your own.
You don’t understand the problem. As far as I can tell, TG published his initial code under the GPL license and accepted contributions from other developers (under the terms of the license). From this point on, he needs the permission from ALL contributors to change the license terms. The GPL is a copy-left license. That means, if you distribute the software, you must also provide its source code including all of your changes. So, making it closed source later is against the GPL.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
And the drama of such a game continues.

How silly does it get. One is free to do what they please with their work, they can rename it countless times, they can sell it, make plugins, block people from using it. Why? Because it's theirs. Happens in the real world, look around yourself. The creator has the power, don't like it? Simple, make your own. Isn't that why retros were created in the first place ?? The constructive criticism is good and valid points are made, but if you're just hating on the guy then you're suffering from jealousy that he can create all this and your "hotel c0der" can't. That's sad.

I believe we have more than enough reasons for the drama?
1. It's not all his work. There were multiple contributors. He has no right to "do what they please" with it.

2. He scammed various people (easily 20+ people) through banning donators and removing the donator's perks.

3. He ruined a great project in this community by being power hungry, having a poop attitude, disrespecting fellow developers and acting better than everyone else.

None of us want the drama, but after doing all the above, he still somehow thinks he is in the right. We can't allow damaging lies to be spread by TG.

Reaction score
You don’t understand the problem. As far as I can tell, TG published his initial code under the GPL license and accepted contributions from other developers (under the terms of the license). From this point on, he needs the permission from ALL contributors to change the license terms. The GPL is a copy-left license. That means, if you distribute the software, you must also provide its source code including all of your changes. So, making it closed source later is against the GPL.

And he's also against forks made from older (and open-source) versions, and claims it's against the license.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Any thoughts on his quitting on the project?

It's a shame he decided to quit but it's probably a good thing for this community now. We can all get back to developing projects without the drama and arguing over who is in the right.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I doubt he’s quitting the project, rather ragezonez

p3lfC9y - The General, Sirius and the community [discussion] - RaGEZONE Forums

Does look like he quit

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
git bisect -m
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Oh god. I stay offline for some months, when I'm back I see the project dead. Congratz community. Once again you didn't surprise me.

Instead of y'all working together, you just attack each other. I'm not saying Wesley is a saint, because he ain't, but a lot of you folks also were amazing in backfiring and well robbing stuff for the sake of what? Ego in an already dying community? (if not dead, I don't see almost nothing nev on Releases or Development.... And last time I entered was October.........)

Hey @Droppy nice to see you.

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Oh god. I stay offline for some months, when I'm back I see the project dead. Congratz community. Once again you didn't surprised me.

Instead of y'all working together, you just attack each other. I'm not saying Wesley is a saint, because he ain't, but a lot of you folks also were amazing in backfiring and well robbing stuff for the sake of what? Ego in an already dying community? (if not dead, I don't see almost nothing nev on Releases or Development.... And last time I entered was October.........)

Hey Droppy nice to see you.

The community is... dead, kind of. I mean, Arcturus Morningstar is the only thing actively developed (not counting my own project which is reborn from its ashes). IIRC Quackster mentioned that unless there's some major bugs he wouldn't release another Kepler version. Now The General quit as well so it's going in a state of almost dying. Now I'm not sure what'll happen when the unity client is released, I assume people maybe go and give it a go, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I think this thread can be closed, cause its senseless now

git bisect -m
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I think this thread can be closed, cause its senseless now

No it's not :)

The community is... dead, kind of. I mean, Arcturus Morningstar is the only thing actively developed (not counting my own project which is reborn from its ashes). IIRC Quackster mentioned that unless there's some major bugs he wouldn't release another Kepler version. Now The General quit as well so it's going in a state of almost dying. Now I'm not sure what'll happen when the unity client is released, I assume people maybe go and give it a go, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Morningstar is still a thing? Well good for them.

◝(⁰▿⁰)◜Smile◝ (⁰▿⁰)◜
Developer
Reaction score
Re: Arcturus 2.0 - Sirius Emulator | R63B / HTML5

Its also the first and oldest code that was in Arcturus. Even when Arcturus was open source up to version 1.9.0 for 3 years; NOBODY reported it at the time. So well for your Opensource helps us make sure there are no backdoors argument you just threw out the window.

Discussing previous bugs isn't really off-topic, it's a nice reminder to avoid them in the future.

Oversights happen. Especially if this is developed by a single person. It's totally normal that people do not trust CLOSED SOFTWARE which is written by a guy on the internet with a grumpy attitude towards others instead of embracing feedback even if it's toxic or garbage.

Not the same thing.. But there once was a moment where arcturus did not reset the SSO Key after login... When I reported this The General said it was the CMS' task to reset a SINGLE SIGN-ON KEY (SSO-Key). Which was rather weird and confusing... SSO-Keys should be only used once as the name emplies.
http://forum.ragezone.com/f353/arcturus-emulator-1-21-0-a-1102214/index28.html#post8733837

After I wrote a plugin to fix it, The General decided to patch it.

This to do better in the future:

* Use an ORM
* Don't outsource critical things (such as resetting tokens) to the CMS or other systems.
* Don't go on the defense if someone claims something is wrong.
* DO NOT HARD-CODE A Ducking IP IN YOUR SOURCE/CAMERA CODE FOR REMOTE CONTROL.

I'll just quit. Bye.

It's sad to see you go. Honestly The General, you've contributed a nice piece of history to the HH section. If you ever decided to come back, then I hope you can embrace and let your grudges go. I wish you the best of luck.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks Wesley for your contributions to the HH scene as the person above shared.

I honestly would have wished things ended on a more positive note where everyone is happy

but thats just how life is, unfair.

Anyways, to be completely honest i feel like this thread should be locked due to it being inactive now, and Wesley leaving

the Habbo Scene completely. there is not much to add anymore as most if not all things have already been discussed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back