Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Private The General, Sirius and the community [discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
In some form you must be able to uphold something but I don’t want to sound shifty or off here but when people post boxed pictures like this with no actual linking to the poster of that, it makes it tricky to tell whether that was actually posted by the person; although I’m sure it probably was.

In the end sales wasn’t made over the forum and It was made an optional feature. My other question is was these payments forced?

Its not sales. Its part of the donation rewards. I dont see people hating on patreon for doing the same thing...

Nobody forces you to donate. Arcturus is still free to use and there are plenty of alternatives to use, emulator and camera wise. PHP camera, embedded in your SWF. Nowadays camera is free anyways because of these crappy shenanigans arguements. And guess what, people who donated got angry because it was a donators only perk.

Don't see people hating on MentaL for giving people who bought a subscription here having access to a subscribers only forum, bigger inbox etc.

The offers are optional correct and nothing is forced, therefore it’s not pay2play, right? If so then I think this is pretty much justified in my perspective and that this isn’t worth to go on about unless there’s anything else that additions to the reasoning of this thread.

It would also be nice to not use excessive language towards other or to at least describe other people’s actions via this thread considering that Emily made it for the purpose of only discussing.

Its just recycled arguments over and over again. Nothing holds up; In the end I am the author and I decide. If people cannot accept it then move on. There is no single argument that justifies stealing, leeching and renaming other peoples work.

Inb4 you cannot close source open source software. Yes you can:

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
At the end of the day if you want your software to be closed sourced then that's fair enough, if you want it open sourced then that's fine also, there positives and negatives to both. However you are never going to stop people taking your work and making it open. At RaGEZONE we have always allowed leaks and that's the way it has been from the start. I don't see why you care so much that your work gets leaks.

1. If you don't make any money from it, what matters if it is leaked or not, you aren't losing anything?

2. People will stay loyal to your development if you keep the development active and won't care for the leaks as they aren't going to be updated reguarly

3. People can learn from the open-source, improve it and adapt it to their own needs.

4. Even if we had a rule stopping leaks of work, people will just post it elsewhere and still get access to it if they want it so it would be a pointless rule, we can't stop it happening.

Just need to care less about it, and focus on yourself

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I had a chat earlier with a friend of me. He was annoyed because The General made something free that was donation only. Now, this gets me. While 50% complains about The General making stuff that - in all fairness is kind of optional - a donation perk. Now he made it free and 50% complains about it now suddenly being free. This is 100% a "nobody is ever happy" situation. It's The General's product, and he does with it what he can. Hell, even if he made room entry a donation perk, yes it'd be stupid but still his choice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
TG has retaliated in the past when people used the free alternative cameras he has mentioned by banning them from receiving support, took away their donor status or even deleted all the pictures stored on his camera server that they paid for.

The source code at one point also prevented the free alternatives I'm pretty sure.

At the end of the day keep it closed source, keep it freemium. It's not like "Patreon." You're blocking features from a 1:1 Habbo which is allegedly one of the goals of Arcturus, thus you are blocking a core feature for money.

Anyone want to pay $500 for a 1 hour phone call with him?

Staff member
Reaction score
At the end of the day if you want your software to be closed sourced then that's fair enough, if you want it open sourced then that's fine also, there positives and negatives to both. However you are never going to stop people taking your work and making it open. At RaGEZONE we have always allowed leaks and that's the way it has been from the start. I don't see why you care so much that your work gets leaks.

1. If you don't make any money from it, what matters if it is leaked or not, you aren't losing anything?

2. People will stay loyal to your development if you keep the development active and won't care for the leaks as they aren't going to be updated reguarly

3. People can learn from the open-source, improve it and adapt it to their own needs.

4. Even if we had a rule stopping leaks of work, people will just post it elsewhere and still get access to it if they want it so it would be a pointless rule, we can't stop it happening.

Just need to care less about it, and focus on yourself

I cannot disagree with this at all considering that loads of people have had their own sources and what not leaked once in awhile which they’ve put loads of effort into, however they’ve not caused such a commotion of and the fact that what you’ve stated is completely straight forward and as @TheGeneral has mentioned that this thread is just turning out to be back and fourth repetitive chat.

I don’t really see much use in this thread anymore in my opinion since most of the problematic issues with this is done off the forums and then it’s drawn upon the forum like some vendetta issue which is completely pointless and both sides had made their points and now it’s over with.

It just seems that grudges are being held within this thread since leaks or posts however no matter how old something gets, it’ll be eventually that it will be leaked somewhere.

It's pretty simple, don't want your stuff leaked? Don't give it to anyone.
I’m going to be honest that this is the most straightforward view.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
sorry if this doesnt add much to the conversation, here is one of my issues with wesley and his emulator, back when it was paid he had an option to get camera for free if you just asked him, which i did which didnt result in any response from him at all, 2ndly, when png camera came arround and people started using it, as said people got banned and photos deleted for using an alternative, 3rdly, when the camera became free, i tried it out, and it was just god aweful, it could not be used at all, and was completely horrid, id get a screenie but wesely shut his website down, so I decided to use png camera again, but since he obsfucated his source, it would not work, I asked him about it and he denied it that it should work, tho it did not, and to just deal with it. thank you.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
sorry if this doesnt add much to the conversation, here is one of my issues with wesley and his emulator, back when it was paid he had an option to get camera for free if you just asked him, which i did which didnt result in any response from him at all, 2ndly, when png camera came arround and people started using it, as said people got banned and photos deleted for using an alternative, 3rdly, when the camera became free, i tried it out, and it was just god aweful, it could not be used at all, and was completely horrid, id get a screenie but wesely shut his website down, so I decided to use png camera again, but since he obsfucated his source, it would not work, I asked him about it and he denied it that it should work, tho it did not, and to just deal with it. thank you.

No worries, as long as it's on-topic and it's in a respectful manner it's all good.

I'll just quit. Bye.

Respect for walking out of the people attacking you.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Arcturus started open source. I contributed to the open source project on the understanding that it would remain open source.. along with others. It was made closed source without any decision of the contributors. Our work is inside that Emulator too. It's not fully Wesley's and we should have a decision if it was to be made closed source.

He added a license to the project which made me and the other contributors know what to expect about sharing our code with the project. He violated the rules of the license, breaking our trust and now he claims our contributions are now his. He is a hypocrite because he is mad we stole his work when he did the same to us.

To the person asking if the "donator" features were forced. Yes. They were. Because when we tried to make a plugin which offers it for free, Wesley will add some code to INTENTIONALLY block it. At one point he made it block all plugins which contains the word camera.

This is not an attack on Wesley for fun or because we hate him. He changed the goals of his Emulator and ultimately we are his end users and we are not happy about it.

We use the leaked and decompiled version because Wesley does not give us (his users) the bug fixes and features we need. Not everyone is an experienced coder who can create an Emulator for themselves, so we edit the ones that are a best fit for our projects. It's always been like that and it will never change. This is a community of people who reverse engineer and modify games.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
da hek, never understand why there is so much complains about a software that's major features is fully functionality, updated and complete free. Since when we're complaining about someone and demand something from someone that spends his free time for us and do it for free? emberassing.

Reaction score
da hek, never understand why there is so much complains about a software that's major features is fully functionality, updated and complete free. Since when we're complaining about someone and demand something from someone that spends his free time for us and do it for free? emberassing.
Because you can contribute but still be overly toxic. You shouldn't stay in an abusive relationship because good things can come out of it.

If he is perpetuating the ideals of freemium software, blackhat scripting, ddosing, doxing and blocking freedom of speech, expression or accessibility he is ultimately limiting this community from blossoming.

Arcturus had code put in to block open source plugins from being used because it went against the "supposedly free" features of Arcturus that were blocked by a paywall. He had banned his customers from using their paid benefits, deleted user data because of disagreements, doxed previous customers of his, went into servers he gained access to in confidence with the $500 tier support package he provided (NGH, I believe).

So just because he made a somewhat okay emulator doesn't give him the right to continue encouraging toxic traits. Instead, let's stan Arcturus and support better projects made with love and the community in mind, not padding a wallet.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i agree, the issue is with wesley is not his emulator, its with wesley himself, as said in my previous statement, there was alot of fuckery with how arcturus was being developed, tho the payments where "donations" it was actually just subscriptions with blocks to free versions of the software, how many times did wesley patch pngcamera because it was driving his paying customers away, and as far as i know it was a "subscription" not a one time fee, that really cant be counted as a donation. iv seen this first hand with Wesley
Emily - The General, Sirius and the community [discussion] - RaGEZONE Forums

Reaction score
@The General i don't see the issue, back in the days you used to keep talking about how poop phoenix and bfly was, due to them being closed source.

you're acting like a b*!#@ and you've been acting like this since you began to get some kind of hunch for money through arcturus.

iirc:
when people started proving that your source was a straight rip off of uber, you close sourced it and started forcing people to pay for camera assets (and then you decided which pictures we should keep or not)
that's called dictatorship, sieg heil to das General.

you know people used to like you? you fought for stuff, now you're just a Special person like Aaron or @maritnmine - sorry babes you know i love you two

also
T8XTh3U - The General, Sirius and the community [discussion] - RaGEZONE Forums

you know im right, you're not even man enough to speak up.
ahmedprince22
cheerios love for bringing
up

this is a prime example of wes being wes. money hunger is so real throughout this community nowadays.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
@dominic It's not that I disagree but you can't bring up stuff that happened in the past; people can change. It's not like I'm raging like a 9 year old child anymore either. Regardless, it doesn't mean I disagree with everything said.

Reaction score
@dominic It's not that I disagree but you can't bring up stuff that happened in the past; people can change. It's not like I'm raging like a 9 year old child anymore either. Regardless, it doesn't mean I disagree with everything said.
bringing up his past, would actually only improve the view most people on here have.
if we just take the last 2-3 years into consideration, then he's worse than aaron or martin ever was.

they openly admitted to have used uber as a base, whereas @The General denies this by throwing the argument "it's java and uber was c#, are you mentally disabled?"

Also, Emily can you PM me your discord?

Reaction score
You can't "bring up the past?"

What is considered the past? Most of this happened pretty recently, within the past 6 months I would say. Are we supposed to only complain about things Wes did on JAN 06 2020 and so forth for each individual day if we can't point out the bad behavior from the past few months?

This sets a bad precedence.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
@dominic Not sure why you want my Discord, but if I feel like sending it I will.
LeChris

What I meant was:

" i don't see the issue, back in the days you used to keep talking about how poop phoenix and bfly was, due to them being closed source."

Back in the day doesn't sound like a few months back, but a longer time. And what I meant with it is, he could've changed his view on things being closed source. That statement really can't be used.
If it meant a short time ago it's really weird to use the words "back in the days" for it. That's what I meant.

Reaction score
@dominic Not sure why you want my Discord, but if I feel like sending it I will.
@LeChris

What I meant was:

" i don't see the issue, back in the days you used to keep talking about how poop phoenix and bfly was, due to them being closed source."

Back in the day doesn't sound like a few months back, but a longer time. And what I meant with it is, he could've changed his view on things being closed source. That statement really can't be used.
If it meant a short time ago it's really weird to use the words "back in the days" for it. That's what I meant.
Ahh, I see.

I think that the very fact he changed his opinion on it so drastically from being against closed source to loving it recently is still a valuable argument to bring in, even if it points outdated views.

It shows the drastic change in Wesley's opinions and ideologies whenever money became involved and he could profit off of it.

R.I.P Millercent
Loyal Member
Reaction score
And the drama of such a game continues.

How silly does it get. One is free to do what they please with their work, they can rename it countless times, they can sell it, make plugins, block people from using it. Why? Because it's theirs. Happens in the real world, look around yourself. The creator has the power, don't like it? Simple, make your own. Isn't that why retros were created in the first place ?? The constructive criticism is good and valid points are made, but if you're just hating on the guy then you're suffering from jealousy that he can create all this and your "hotel c0der" can't. That's sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back