Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Private TheHabbos shutdown?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Learning C# - Developer
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Today, my friend and I attempted to go on thehabbos.org when we noticed it says there are no files.

Yes, I now know that they got a DMCA, but seriously? A topsite? I never knew habbo could stoop this low. But then again, they have done some pretty low things. Yes, they did host a loader maker, but that was pretty much the only thing from habbo there. Couldn't they just take it down and continue their website? Will it return? When will sulake stop with their retro madness and actually get a life? Most of us are aged from 12 - 18. Seriously sulake? Hunting down twelve year olds just so they can stop retros?

But anyways, thats getting a little off topic. Was there an actual confirmation of their shutdown or is it temporary or someshit? Thats what I want to know.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
never know tbh... thehabbos has been down alot of times..
just because they have got a "dmca" dosnt mean they are shutdown ;)

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
When will Sulake get a life? Are you serious? You're stealing their stuff, you're a thief. You guys are the ones that need to sit down and think about your life.

Yeah, who did the same? *cough Lemon cough*

You actually helped us too giving us Lemon Packetlogger, I should've told them!

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Lemon was never released to the public, so I don't see how it was damaging if no-one used it for a hotel.

He still used the SWF -> plus we still have the packetlogger.
I don't see why he's visiting the Habbo section if he wants Sulake to win the war...

Well DCR Project partially shutdown too.

Who's next?

It was a DDoS, am I right?

Reaction score
He still used the SWF -> plus we still have the packetlogger.
I don't see why he's visiting the Habbo section if he wants Sulake to win the war...

It was a DDoS, am I right?

Sulake was stressing his server though:

6qbMr3W - TheHabbos shutdown? - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Hakuna Matata
Reaction score
It's pretty smart of them to go after the biggest toplist of Habbo Retro's, that was how I found new retros back in the day and I bet I'm not the only one.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't be surprised if Quackster's DMCA was because Myrax told Sulake..
Bad things happen, it's time to create our own game maybe, rawr!

What you mean with 'If it was a DDoS, Sulake could be in trouble.'? Don't quite get it.
Lol Dom isn't a snitch like some of you make him out to be (certain users of a 'scripting' forum...)

DDoS attacks, as far as I'm aware, are illegal.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Lol Dom isn't a snitch like some of you make him out to be (certain users of a 'scripting' forum...)

DDoS attacks, as far as I'm aware, are illegal.

No, I didn't mean Sulake did the DDoS, I heard DCR-Project was being DDoSsed but not by Sulake.
I don't trust Myrax, that's all, and I'm 50% sure it's a good idea to NOT trust him, but could be wrong, then I'm taking this all back, let's just enjoy seeing Sulake win the war, it doesn't last long now the best developer is caught (well.. one of the best developers).

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Lol Dom has better things to do than rat people out for coding private emulators I'm sure. Sulake have eyes, anything you can find on the internet Sulake has just as much access to. This isn't some elite, secret fight club.

Reaction score
Makes absolutely no sense at all. TheHabbos is not illegal in anyway, shape or form perhaps besides the name, which contains 'habbo'. As far as I'm aware it is not illegal to link to questionable websites. For example, links to copyrighted torrents, but using torrentz its self and its operation is fully legal.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Makes absolutely no sense at all. TheHabbos is not illegal in anyway, shape or form perhaps besides the name, which contains 'habbo'. As far as I'm aware it is not illegal to link to questionable websites. For example, links to copyrighted torrents, but using torrentz its self and its operation is fully legal.

From what I think, and I know, I can be wrong, is anything linked to illegal actions illegal, that means, if somebody stole stuff and you sell it, you're doing illegal stuff too, anything that supports retro poop is indirectly illegal, it doesn't need to be directly illegal.

Reaction score
TheHabbos has not shutdown. Josh got a letter (I'm assuming it was a letter to his address as the document was scanned and uploaded as a PDF).

You can see that document ( ) - (That links straight to the PDF however that is on another forum domain so if this is breaking a rule moderators feel free to remove this).

The API is still online at TheHabbos so you can still run your votes, I'm just assuming Josh is playing it safe as his domain name was disabled/suspended before - so the wait begins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back