Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[PC] League of Legends - General Talk

Master Summoner
Reaction score
It all depends on the person tbh. I clearly dont see the reason of leaving the game because of someone not having a skin.

Wont be leaving Silver 5 anytime soon -.-

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
At last Soraka is much more viable, also Janna is coming more in favor which is slightly annoying me because now I am seeing more Jannas and normally I see none, main janna support.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Yeah how did she become popular again? Did she get buffed?
I always loved her, but she fell out of favor somehow.

I'm not sure that I like the new Soraka. Actually I do like the new Soraka, I just don't like loosing the old Soraka. I would have much rather seen this Soraka as a new support.

First day of rework thought it was soOP but I just didn't have experience playing against the new Soraka, right now I think she's okay and I could say is not worse or better than the old one, just different.

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
The new Soraka is much better in fights, she can get hers heals out much more often but with the downside of you losing your own health. I have been at almost 0 hp while playing Soraka so many times because I don't expect the drop in HP so much, 10% is a lot. Also her AOE silence is very helpful.

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
I like the fact she has more CC now so she can keep up to par with other supports. But I do the notice the difference without the armor, it did make that little extra difference.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I rarely touch soraka for ranks before her rework, but now. It's just so awesome to kill off AP carries and engage AD / tanks w/ a perfectly timed AOE silence.
a few example would be:
SS Kat? Nope
Follow up on Malphy's SS? Nope
You wanna escape LS? Nope
WW suppress? Nope.

just all nopes w/ this supp

I actually disagree that her early game phase is weaker now. I don't take W til lvl 5 ~ 7 since it scales w/ HP and I let my teammates know about this.
And focus my early game, harassing the ADC w/ Q and playing safely w/ E. But never really upgrade Q after picking it up.. maxing W & E simultaneously

Reaction score
Below is only my opinion on the rework (support only really):

If we are talking about Soraka's potential as a support, I think it only went up with this rework. Her kit gained a lot of utility with the changes to her mechanics.

The root of the new Soraka's kit lies in the player's ability to control a fight through healing and shutting down casters. She has gained a lot of strength in the team-fight portion of the game compared to the old Soraka just due to her crowd control becoming stronger and more versatile. I think these strengths are also applicable to lane phase. Soraka has the ability to shut down two sources of damage for a short enough period of time so you and your carry can get a few extra autos or spells off on your opponent and win trades. These trades can eventually snowball if your lane opponents do not have the ability to sustain in lane reasonably well (perhaps making LS important again if Soraka becomes popular).

The easiest way to mitigate her kit is to simply dodge her Q. However, this skill shot is not difficult to land on targets with very low movement speed: most ADCs do not have movement speed quints or a cheap enough ability to dodge her Q early on (Lucian's dash is getting nerfed this upcoming patch - 4.18). However, once she hit 6, she has a pretty strong global presence like the old Soraka did.

My opinions on her reworked kit:

Passive: The movement speed bonus actually helps a lot when you want to make plays. You can even use this to make a quick escape out of a fight if things go south. This mechanism of escape is highly reliant upon the ADC having an escape which you can then piggyback off of. She can also use this to get to a teammate and turn a fight after ensuring that the teammate survives.

Q: Her old Q is definitely stronger than this new one (at least what it did on paper). While the prior statement may be true, her Q is still the bread and butter of her kit. The only up side to this Q is that the AoE damage is decent enough and that it has a slow and increased damage if the enemy ends up in the center somehow (which can combo off teammate's CC or the root portion of her E nicely if executed properly). This skill is highly dependent upon the individual player's ability to make it effective. Her Q is also tied into her new W.

W: This new heal is actually really great in my opinion. There is enough risk and reward to this mechanic that it makes Soraka players have to make decisions: it is very much a double-edged sword. The passive effect that restores health on landing a Q on an enemy champion helps Soraka deal with this cost.

E: This skill is actually incredibly strong. It has the power to turn a fight and win trades against ADCs and casters that rely on their abilities in the early laning phase by completely shutting down their ability to fight back for a short period of time. I have personally seen situations where a well placed E shut down the enemy from all-in-ing my AD and I in lane. This also applies in team fights: she has the ability to turn a fight by making the casters on the enemy team momentarily useless. Also, the root should pretty much never happen unless it is part of a chain CC or your opponent simply had no idea about it (which kind of goes against a normal reaction of being silenced - "I better get out of this").

R: Her ultimate is pretty much the same as before except that it got a slight buff. This skill has always been very strong since it gives global presence just by Soraka being level 6.

Some strengths:
- When positioned properly, she is one of the most annoying supports in lane to deal with in the meta (due to the large amount of ADC and support combos that rely on their spells to do damage rather than just autos).
- She has great global presence with her ultimate.
- She is a high risk-high reward champion that can swing fights with her very strong CC.
- Her kit is decently versatile to many different situations she could possibly be faced with.

Some weaknesses:
- If you dodge her Q, she cannot restore health and she has no real means of getting safer poke off you until the CD is up (the spell is not on a very short cooldown compared to her old Q).
- She is heavily reliant on positioning and player skill (and almost certainly has a bigger skill cap than the old Soraka).
- If focused, she will die rather quickly.

Reaction score
Ok so Sion got reworked big time.
So they changed his skin, at first I thought it was a new skin, but it's default, which I don't get, why not just rework it instead and release the other 1 as a new skin?
And his skills makes me feel the same, why change it so much, why not release a new champ with those skills? Sion definitely saw some play, more than quite a few others, so I'd much rather see a new champ instead of basically removing a champ.

Master Summoner
Reaction score
Sion sucks now imo. Loved his stun, but enough of that; THE SKINS!!! (original skins)
Twisted Fate - [PC] League of Legends - General Talk - RaGEZONE Forums

Well done Rito, well done. Wukong one is the only one i feel a little effy about, but from Janna's hair to Janna's body, i think they did a fabulous Janna job.

Last edited:
Master Summoner
Reaction score
The oldest skin now is Katarina? I know that wasnt her first, but I think its the oldest now. Or wait, probably its Warwick

Master Summoner
Reaction score
There is lots of champions with splash arts that haven't been updated.

Alistar's is quite old, so is fiddlestick, Anivia, Gragas just to name a few.

Alistar and Fiddlesticks splash arts are pretty new compared to Anivia and Gragas

but yea Warwick is the oldest now, but there are a few that need to be updated

WW, Eve, Anivia, Rammus, Taric, Kat, corki, poppy, grag, kennen, xin, irelia, maokai, etc etc

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Alistar and Fiddlesticks splash arts are pretty new compared to Anivia and Gragas

but yea Warwick is the oldest now, but there are a few that need to be updated

WW, Eve, Anivia, Rammus, Taric, Kat, corki, poppy, grag, kennen, xin, irelia, maokai, etc etc

Yea I wanna see the new Irelia original splash art as soon as possible, they did a great job with the new one of her Nightblade skin and now is my favourite one of the game, just beautiful!

Back