Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[PC Version] GTA V for PC - Issues ?

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Hello Ragezone (GTA V) Community,

I just recently Bought GTA V for PC (CD Disk Version - NOT Steam Version), and im having a lot of issues. I installed it all fine, when i try to play it it Quits/ Freezes unexpectedly. My computer is fine, what is Wrong. I really would love to play GTA V for PC on my PC. What can i do, how do i fix it, i have also Stopped all my Anti-Virus Protection on my PC and all my Drivers are Updated, the same with the Updates for my PC. So what is wrong, does anyone know or have a Fix so i can play the game ?

PC SPECS:

OS Version:
- Windows 8.1 Professional

RAM:
- 8.00GB

HDD:
- 1TB

Display Adapters: Switchable Graphics
- AMD Radeon HD 8730M (NOW Downgraded my Graphics too: AMD Radeon (TM) HD 8500M/ 8700M)
- Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000

Error Picture:

JohnTheTechi - [PC Version] GTA V for PC - Issues  ? - RaGEZONE Forums

EXTRA NOTE:

- I have Contacted ""Rockstar Support"", they did tell me a lot of users are having issues with AMD+Intel Switchable Graphics and there Developers along with AMD are Working hard to find a Solution to fix the Issue, and there are no ETA on when they will fix the issue. Rockstar did also state and tell me that my Laptop does meet the criteria too run the game fine aswell.

Last edited:
Pessimistic butt@%&!
Reaction score
Is there any way to completely uninstall the drivers for one of the embedded cards and only use one? Sounds like a possible driver conflicting issue upon graphics loading.....

Maybe disable one of them in BIOS? I'm sure they have one set to AGP or PCI and one set as embedded...disable one and try again.

The World Is Yours
Reaction score
Maybe you could try to launch the game in offline mode, or try to launch the game with different patch versions, and without mods (if you have any installed)

Reaction score
Hmm, switchable graphics, I have the same here.
You have a few choices: Or upgrade to Win10 (seems to work on most poeple, if not all, with AMD + Intel switchable cards), or install an very older AMD Driver (Currently working like that here, flawlessly).

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Reaction score
Here are a few solutions I found online...have you tried these? Seems changing to DX10 fixes it with a lot of people.

1- Desktop - right click - open graphics settings. GTAv.exe power saving
save.
2- my documents/Rockstar/GTA V Settings.xml open.
3-<DX_Version value="2" /> change 2 do it 1.
4- open game

and:

I found one solution. At laptop Inspiron 5721 with two GPUs (Intel + ATI 8730M) use application AMD Gaming Evolved and optimise game. Switch DX11 to DX10 and GTA 5 will magically start and will be ready to play without Appcrash

Back