Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[PC] I wanna play WoW.

Veni, Vidi, Vici
Reaction score
But not on retail.
The cost of playing on retail is far too much. I'm home for ~ 60 days out of an entire year at most. I'm looking for a private server with a good community, preferably large player base and minimum bugs. Anyone here play WoW on private servers?

MoP or Cata, please. Preferably MoP.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Re: I wanna play WoW.

You will not find any good MoP private servers. Molten WoW will give you the closest experience to bug-free blizzlike features, but they're only up to cata. MoP has not been out long enough for a solid emulator. There were so many changes in cata that most server emulators are still just trying to catch up with content.

Reaction score

I'm hesitant to play on Molten again.

I played Cata on it last year. Pretty boring. ._. Nobody socializes.

If you want to socialize find a slow server. People there tend to be more friendly. Not sure what kind of people are here , but I see 37k online. Also avoid pinoys, they don't socialize at all, they just kill.

Veni, Vidi, Vici
Reaction score
If you want to socialize find a slow server. People there tend to be more friendly. Not sure what kind of people are here , but I see 37k online. Also avoid pinoys, they don't socialize at all, they just kill.
Hah, I learnt tagalog after being an administrator at a pinoy server for over a year. Fillipinos get their asses kicked with their own language if they screw with me.

Thanks for the link, I'll check it out.

It's not much, but it's something.

Wotlk or MoP.
Thanks, I'll check it out. I hope you're recommending it by experience.

Reaction score
Hah, I learnt tagalog after being an administrator at a pinoy server for over a year. Fillipinos get their asses kicked with their own language if they screw with me.

Thanks for the link, I'll check it out.

Thanks, I'll check it out. I hope you're recommending it by experience.

Honestly, I took a quick glance at it ingame roughly 2 months ago.
WotLK server requires a hackpatch for custom Cata/MoP content in 3.3.5a.

As far as MoP goes, it was a bit different. I only played about like 15 minutes as I don't really play WoW that much anymore, It got boring with no one else. When I joined, I immediately made a Panda Monk to see how thinks work, and I wasn't disappointed within those 15 minutes. The quests seemed to work, the Monk class spells, abilities, and actions were all working properly for those 15 minutes.

I can't say anything past that as I didn't continue to play. I hope to hear what you have to say about it though.

Reaction score

I'm hesitant to play on Molten again.

I played Cata on it last year. Pretty boring. ._. Nobody socializes.

If you want to socialize then join a low populated server. Check the server ads here on RZ for new servers, then stick around them long enough to meet people. People tend to socialize a lot more with 15 people online versus 1500.

Reaction score

If you want to socialize then join a low populated server. Check the server ads here on RZ for new servers, then stick around them long enough to meet people. People tend to socialize a lot more with 15 people online versus 1500.

That's what I said above. Oh actually I said slow server. Well yeah, slow servers tend to have low population, thus they do communicate and befriend people too. It's impossible to not make friends when it takes ages to level up and gain items.

Reaction score

Thanks a lot for your input!
I'll be on Heroes. Seems like they fix bugs and other things.

Hope Blizz makes WoW f2p. >.>

Retail is honestly worth the money. After playing WoW for 7 years on private servers and finally switching to retail last November, I really wish I did it sooner. The money is so worth being able to experience all of the content without bugs.

That's what I said above. Oh actually I said slow server. Well yeah, slow servers tend to have low population, thus they do communicate and befriend people too. It's impossible to not make friends when it takes ages to level up and gain items.

Sorry, just saw he quoted my post and I replied. :p

Reaction score

Retail is honestly worth the money. After playing WoW for 7 years on private servers and finally switching to retail last November, I really wish I did it sooner. The money is so worth being able to experience all of the content without bugs.

I agree with Ron. Retail is definitely worth the money, and if you don't feel like paying for a subscription, you can also buy prepaid gametime cards.
You get the full experience, no bugs, no lag, and great communication. I rarely see any foreigners on retail, but when I do, they usually speak English like the rest. I guess it depends on which realm you land on.

Veni, Vidi, Vici
Reaction score
I'll have to buy the battlechest, MoP, WoD, then pay for this month. I'm going back to college next month and will be back during Christmas till New Years. Then I come home this month, next year.

Doesn't seem worth the money. >.>

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
No Wi-Fi at your college?

Reaction score
Just throwing it out there that Heroes WoW really isn't that great. It can be good in the beginning for a little while, but they actually don't fix many bugs at all. They had a developer post on the forums how the bug reporter is useless since they can't really sort through it and some other issues. I'd quote it for more accuracy except they also cleaned out their forums (conveniently when most of the threads in suggests/feedback were people asking when X would be fixed and other misc. complaints about things).

For something you may not plan to play for long (because eventually the bugs will annoy you and kick you in the butt) it will work, but don't expect much from staff and the forums are a bit of a joke. Since I stopped playing (I do pop on from time to time to check if anything has changed...about 4 months now and nope!) the forums have died (after their wipe it's like most people who were active there gave up) and in game is the same ol same ol.

I see someone linked to Wow Circle here so I decided to check out the forums. I noticed most of the MoP servers have the same issues - this one claims to have resolve 65% of reported bugs during their 3 week Beta Test...and looking at the bug report section...I don't see even a fraction of the usual bugs I see on MoP servers. So I am going to give them a try - will keep you posted if you're curious!

Master Summoner
Reaction score
Have you tried TrueWoW? The server I use to play one merged with them.

Veni, Vidi, Vici
Reaction score
Just throwing it out there that Heroes WoW really isn't that great. It can be good in the beginning for a little while, but they actually don't fix many bugs at all. They had a developer post on the forums how the bug reporter is useless since they can't really sort through it and some other issues. I'd quote it for more accuracy except they also cleaned out their forums (conveniently when most of the threads in suggests/feedback were people asking when X would be fixed and other misc. complaints about things).

For something you may not plan to play for long (because eventually the bugs will annoy you and kick you in the butt) it will work, but don't expect much from staff and the forums are a bit of a joke. Since I stopped playing (I do pop on from time to time to check if anything has changed...about 4 months now and nope!) the forums have died (after their wipe it's like most people who were active there gave up) and in game is the same ol same ol.

I see someone linked to Wow Circle here so I decided to check out the forums. I noticed most of the MoP servers have the same issues - this one claims to have resolve 65% of reported bugs during their 3 week Beta Test...and looking at the bug report section...I don't see even a fraction of the usual bugs I see on MoP servers. So I am going to give them a try - will keep you posted if you're curious!
I'm playing on Heroes right now.

The bugs I see here are the bugs I see everywhere. I don't really give 2 shits anymore. Just one more week then I'm out anyway. I do BGs when there are more PvPers online. I hate that everyone likes to PvE here, even when no major raid works. :l

I had the biggest guild here disbanded and the gmaster and one of the officers perma-banned so I'm in love with the staff right now. My report was looked into after only 5 minutes, which was a pleasant surprise.

I farmed 112k gold with 2 days of playtime, so gold isn't an issue either. I rule the AH here.

Back