[PC] I wanna play WoW.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Alpha MaleRank
    Jan 2010 Join Date
    Delhi, IndiaLocation
    1,763Posts

Re: [PC] I wanna play WoW.

Hardware firewall.
    It's hard enough filtering TCP traffic. I can't manage UDP for gaming.

MemberRank
    Apr 2008 Join Date
    124Posts

Just throwing it out there that Heroes WoW really isn't that great. It can be good in the beginning for a little while, but they actually don't fix many bugs at all. They had a developer post on the forums how the bug reporter is useless since they can't really sort through it and some other issues. I'd quote it for more accuracy except they also cleaned out their forums (conveniently when most of the threads in suggests/feedback were people asking when X would be fixed and other misc. complaints about things).

For something you may not plan to play for long (because eventually the bugs will annoy you and kick you in the butt) it will work, but don't expect much from staff and the forums are a bit of a joke. Since I stopped playing (I do pop on from time to time to check if anything has changed...about 4 months now and nope!) the forums have died (after their wipe it's like most people who were active there gave up) and in game is the same ol same ol.

I see someone linked to Wow Circle here so I decided to check out the forums. I noticed most of the MoP servers have the same issues - this one claims to have resolve 65% of reported bugs during their 3 week Beta Test...and looking at the bug report section...I don't see even a fraction of the usual bugs I see on MoP servers. So I am going to give them a try - will keep you posted if you're curious!

True MemberRank
    Jun 2012 Join Date
    549Posts

Have you tried TrueWoW? The server I use to play one merged with them.

Alpha MaleRank
    Jan 2010 Join Date
    Delhi, IndiaLocation
    1,763Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xStarlightx View Post
    Just throwing it out there that Heroes WoW really isn't that great. It can be good in the beginning for a little while, but they actually don't fix many bugs at all. They had a developer post on the forums how the bug reporter is useless since they can't really sort through it and some other issues. I'd quote it for more accuracy except they also cleaned out their forums (conveniently when most of the threads in suggests/feedback were people asking when X would be fixed and other misc. complaints about things).

For something you may not plan to play for long (because eventually the bugs will annoy you and kick you in the butt) it will work, but don't expect much from staff and the forums are a bit of a joke. Since I stopped playing (I do pop on from time to time to check if anything has changed...about 4 months now and nope!) the forums have died (after their wipe it's like most people who were active there gave up) and in game is the same ol same ol.

I see someone linked to Wow Circle here so I decided to check out the forums. I noticed most of the MoP servers have the same issues - this one claims to have resolve 65% of reported bugs during their 3 week Beta Test...and looking at the bug report section...I don't see even a fraction of the usual bugs I see on MoP servers. So I am going to give them a try - will keep you posted if you're curious!
    I'm playing on Heroes right now.

The bugs I see here are the bugs I see everywhere. I don't really give 2 shits anymore. Just one more week then I'm out anyway. I do BGs when there are more PvPers online. I hate that everyone likes to PvE here, even when no major raid works. :l

I had the biggest guild here disbanded and the gmaster and one of the officers perma-banned so I'm in love with the staff right now. My report was looked into after only 5 minutes, which was a pleasant surprise.

I farmed 112k gold with 2 days of playtime, so gold isn't an issue either. I rule the AH here.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Advertisement