Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Setting up Ether Saga Odyssey in Linux Ubuntu Server 12 (Very Rough Tutoriall)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Nice! did anyone manage to get Editor for this game? like elements.data editor?
that would be rlly nice!!
waiting on it!

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks! I found it.

I've followed all tutorial, but when I try to logon on game, I got this message:

LuuAbsinthz - Setting up Ether Saga Odyssey in Linux Ubuntu Server 12 (Very Rough Tutoriall) - RaGEZONE Forums

I've tested the port 29000 and it is open for me. Also, I saw this message when starting up the files:

And those messages keeps spamming:

Any tips?

Thanks!

You need to put the libpcre.so.0 in your lib folder. :wink:

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
i can have good gshop editor working fine because i have one but crash server

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
thanks for guide! it may looks hard but in real time its easy helped me setup ether saga server and basics to setup perfectworld server :D

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
don't work help me pls :D

LuuAbsinthz - Setting up Ether Saga Odyssey in Linux Ubuntu Server 12 (Very Rough Tutoriall) - RaGEZONE Forums

ok worker yeah thank u very much :D

i run server in centos 6.5 32bit :D

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i want help some thing
when login have problem
login timeout....
how to fix this o_O

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Guys, I have a problem, when I'm trying to login server, I get this error:"Server on maintrance....." what the problem could be there?

Last edited by a moderator:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
//Step two!
go to your browser and browse yourserverip/phpmyadmin, login and make a new database called 'kdxy'
Then you are going to import, and browse for the database inside the files called something like 'kdxy2.sql'
You're done. Now use Winscp

Can you avoid assuming that everybody who comes to this thread is an ubuntu wizz ?
It's really enfuriating to follow such instructions. I have a little knowledge about ubuntu, particurlarly ubuntu desktop, but got lost as soon as I had to enter the ifconfig command. Can somebody tell me which one is my ip ? I have loads of information, screenshots would be helpful. Is the ip the inet addr ? the Bcast ? or the Mask ??
How do we go to our browser and how to we open a file in a terminal ?
For some reason we can't even switch to ubuntu desktop, I tried to create another user account, but it caused errors when logging on..
Can you give some extra details please and explain it in a way to make it accessible for Mister anyone who just enjoyed playing ESO please :) !!!

Thank you very much !

ok, did the server from scratch, soon finished it, thank for the tutorial by the way, next time, please take time to include a couple more details and finish your sentences please.

What is this kdxy/gamed folder everybody is talking about ?

Last edited:
Back